No announcement yet.

What Car Do You Drive? (Post Pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first car was a '93 ford taurus. My mom gave it to me when she got a new car.

By the time it had 100k miles on it, it was on it's third transmission [two of which covered by warranty's] and then at 112k miles cracked the head gasket.

I received $300 from the junk yard [who even came and picked it up].

I then turned around and bought a 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 5 speed with 64k miles on it for 3k [tax and title included].

I'll take my Kia over GRF's life.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Originally posted by j05son View Post
      My first car was a '93 ford taurus. My mom gave it to me when she got a new car.

By the time it had 100k miles on it, it was on it's third transmission [two of which covered by warranty's] and then at 112k miles cracked the head gasket.

I received $300 from the junk yard [who even came and picked it up].

I then turned around and bought a 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 5 speed with 64k miles on it for 3k [tax and title included].

I'll take my Kia over GRF's life.
      i think we all would.

Hitman D

Comment

My Ford Ka, well obviously not my car, but looks the same as mine, does me since I am a student.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post

My Ford Ka, well obviously not my car, but looks the same as mine, does me since I am a student.
          "Fuel efficient and fits in your back pocket!"

Comment

why don't manufacturers make the same cars everywhere?? we don't have the Ka thing as I am sure they don't have some of the cars we have. it doesn't make any sense not to make them for the US as well or for the UK as well.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              why don't manufacturers make the same cars everywhere?? we don't have the Ka thing as I am sure they don't have some of the cars we have. it doesn't make any sense not to make them for the US as well or for the UK as well.
              They need smaller cars in the UK, because their streets are as wide as a desk. We Americans like bigger cars.

Comment

well my friend, it makes perfect sense. the uk and japan have different needs than the us. the us wants a big over sized truck to haul cows and tractors. while the uk wants a small car because they live on an island, also the car must be very fuel efficient. although ford is a dumb company and i do not support them in any way.

*edit* haha sarf types shorter and faster than i.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by tEk View Post
                  right, but i was young dumb and full of you know. and i wanted a poon magnet.(it worked) yes it was my fault for buying a ford. but i could have payed just a much for a civic. but noooo that was a lame car. pfft i probably would still have the civic.

and mr swan. what american car companies are good in you opinion. i love their designs and wouldn't mind getting some old muscle cars(to restore not daily drivers). but like i said earlier what you pay for a mustang (new or use) is comparable to far superior(imo) japanese car(civic).
                  if you want a Muscle Car to restore... (i'm assuming you mean pre 1980s, because otherwise they aren't muscle cars) you can't go wrong with a Camaro, or even a Mustang. My personal favorties are the 1970 Dodge Challenger, and the 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda, but those can be pricey, and it's tough to find parts for Mopar cars, at least relatively inexpensive parts.

Being that you are in Southern California, rust wouldn't be a huge issue, so i would just look for something with a solid body... it all depends on how much work you're willing to do, and how much money you have to put into it.

I'm not really sure what the last part of your quote is referring to however... Japanese cars are vastly more reliable, and comparably inexpensive... plus the gas mileage is unmatched.

However, Japanese car companies don't put a lot of stock into the appearance, or the luxury of their cars. They also don't have the type of raw (unmodified) power that American cars do.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Ford Ka is a big seller over here, but the guys above are right, it isn't necessary / worthwhile to sell it in the US, much like we don't get Mustangs etc..

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                      They need smaller cars in the UK, because their streets are as wide as a desk. We Americans like bigger cars.
                      ah i love small cars. easier to get in and out of traffic. MINI's are the best and i am looking to get one as my next car. but what you said makes sense. i just wish that we had the option to get them.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                        I'm not really sure what the last part of your quote is referring to however... Japanese cars are vastly more reliable, and comparably inexpensive... plus the gas mileage is unmatched.

However, Japanese car companies don't put a lot of stock into the appearance, or the luxury of their cars. They also don't have the type of raw (unmodified) power that American cars do.
                        that pretty much elaborated on what i was going for, but you made it more cohesive and gave more info.

as for muscle cars i might go for a 71' mach1 mustang, or an early corvette.

Hitman D

Comment

2005 Scion Tc Supercharged
                          18inch Enkei and 2inch Goldline drop

This picture is about a year and half old it was taken out here in vegas near Red Rock 10 mins outside of Las Vegas. One of my favorite pictures because the stunning background view.

Comment

Originally posted by tEk View Post
                            that pretty much elaborated on what i was going for, but you made it more cohesive and gave more info.

as for muscle cars i might go for a 71' mach1 mustang, or an early corvette.
                            well if you're going to go with a Corvette, make sure that either it's not a fiberglass body, or that you won't need to do any body work. The fiberglass bodied corvettes are a pain to repair by hand, and costly to get done by a professional if you can find one who will do it.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

ah i love small cars. easier to get in and out of traffic. MINI's are the best and i am looking to get one as my next car. but what you said makes sense. i just wish that we had the option to get them.
                              Mini's are nice.....if you're a girl!!!

I kid I kid, but seriously you'll need an iPod Nano to go with that Mini...

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                                Mini's are nice.....if you're a girl!!!

I kid I kid, but seriously you'll need an iPod Nano to go with that Mini...
                                Why must you mock the man for having a girly car SARF? Not everyone can be a beacon of manliness like yourself...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information