Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're baaaaack

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I'm getting the effects of it right now...it's no biggie, just gonna be like a bad rainstorm.

Last year virtually nothing happened, so I guess that means a bunch of stuff will happen this year.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

that blows.

hehe.
    get it.

Comment

i thought this was about Locusts... they're worse.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

let's hope we don't have another crisis where they can some how stretch it into a reason to raise gas prices. . . . again

Hitman D

Comment

Gas costs more than cigerettes up here...

At the gas station the other day, the sign said

3.29/gallon for Gas
          3.27 for cigerettes.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
            Gas costs more than cigerettes up here...

At the gas station the other day, the sign said

3.29/gallon for Gas
            3.27 for cigerettes.
            I don't think Gas will ever reach cigarette prices in Michigan. It's hard to find a pack of smokes for under $5.

Comment

I got word about a national gas boycott for May 15. I will definitely take part.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                I got word about a national gas boycott for May 15. I will definitely take part.
                lol..

The day before or after their sales will just be that much more. It'll probably make them chuckle, though.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Apparently, if every American decided to not fill his or her gas tank on that day, it would remove almost $3bb worth of revenues from the economy. That's pretty significant.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Apparently, if every American decided to not fill his or her gas tank on that day, it would remove almost $3bb worth of revenues from the economy. That's pretty significant.
                    and that money will be right back the next day when everyone fills up. Only way anything will happen is if people take a week and either bike, carpool, take the bus, etc. People pushing back filling their tank a day does nothing. A lot of people finding other ways to get to work and skip filling a tank of gas would have an impact.
                    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

I wish people would do that more. I take public transportation, and I know a lot of other people do as well. I have a car, but I only drive it at night and on weekends. I'm lucky that I live where I do with all the public transit options.

Comment

yeah being in college in a big city, i just walk around or bike mostly, only time i really use my car is to drive home.
                        JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

I think the boycott works to an extent because it throws off the supply/demand situation with the gas stations. The refineries are pumping out the gas to refill the tanks at the stations. If the stations don't sell, the tanks are still full, so then what? It basically creates a bottleneck at a lot of levels and forces some issues. It also impacts consumption. Gas companies price the gas based almost entirely on the demand of the days before. That's why things are always in flux. If demand is messed up even for a day, it will change things.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                            I don't think Gas will ever reach cigarette prices in Michigan. It's hard to find a pack of smokes for under $5.
                            Try coming to Canada. It costs $9+ for a pack of smokes.

Comment

I wish people would do that more. I take public transportation, and I know a lot of other people do as well. I have a car, but I only drive it at night and on weekends. I'm lucky that I live where I do with all the public transit options.
                              We need to learn from Europe.. you can go ANYWHERE quickly and cheaply using mass transit over there. It's really something else.

Oh, and because people actually, you know, walk and bike over there 95% of the women are in shape compared to like 30%? over here. It's a beautiful thing.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information