No announcement yet.

*** Official MLB Draft Thread ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porcello is reportedly asking for an insane amount so KC is considering Moustakas or Vitters with the 2nd pick

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
      I typed this all up and lost it. So I spent the last 30-45 minutes typing this up... twice.

Mock
      1. Tampa Bay Devil Rays - David Price, LHP, Vanderbilt
      2. Kansas City Royals - Rick Porcello, RHP, Seton Hall Prep (NJ)
      3. Chicago Cubs - Josh Vitters, 3B, Cypress HS (CA)
      4. Pittsburgh Pirates - Mike Moustakas, 3B, Chatsworth HS (CA)
      5. Baltimore Orioles - Ross Detwiler, LHP, Missouri State
      6. Washington Nationals - Matt Wieters, C, Georgia Tech
      7. Milwaukee Brewers - Jarrod Parker, RHP, Norwell HS (IN)
      8. Colorado Rockies - Daniel Moskos, LHP, Clemson
      9. Arizona Diamondbacks - Beau Mills, 3B, Fresno State
      10. San Francisco Giants - Madison Bumgarner, LHP, South Caldwell HS (NC)
      11. Seattle Mariners - Phillipe Aumont, RHP, Ecole Du Versant Gatineau (QC)
      12. Florida Marlins - Jason Heyward, Henry County HS (GA)
      13. Cleveland Indians - Matt Dominguez, 3B, Chatsworth HS (CA)
      14. Atlanta Braves - Josh Smoker, LHP, Calhoun HS (GA)
      15. Cincinnati Reds - Kevin Ahrens, 3B, Memorial HS (TX)
      16. Toronto Blue Jays - Matt Harvey, RHP, Fitch HS (CT)
      17. Texas Rangers - Blake Beaven, RHP, Irving HS (TX)
      18. St. Louis Cardinals - Matt LaPorta, 1B, Florida
      19. Philadelphia Phillies - Julio Borbon, OF, Tennessee
      20. Los Angeles Dodgers - Tim Alderson, RHP, Horizon HS (AZ)
      21. Toronto Blue Jays - Devin Mesoraco, C, Punxsutawney HS (PA)
      22. San Francisco Giants - Casey Weathers, RHP, Vanderbilt
      23. San Diego Padres - Michael Main, RHP, DeLand HS (FL)
      24. Texas Rangers - Jake Arrieta, RHP, Texas Christian
      25. Chicago White Sox - Nick Noonan, SS, Parker HS (CA)
      26. Oakland A's - Nick Schmidt, LHP, Arkansas
      27. Detroit Tigers - J.P. Arenciba, C, Tennessee
      28. Minnesota Twins - Will Middlebrooks, 3B, Liberty Eylau (TX)
      29. San Francisco Giants - Pete Kozma, SS, Owasso HS (OK)
      30. New York Yankees - Andre Brackman, RHP, North Carolina State

all though i don't know these players the dbacks deff don't need more people for 3b, we all ready don't know what to do with Tracy

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        all though i don't know these players the dbacks deff don't need more people for 3b, we all ready don't know what to do with Tracy
        MLB drafts are a matter of the best player available, so it doesnt really matter how stacked at a position your team may be. Whoever the scouts feel is the best player available and could come at a relatively low cost, will likely be the pick.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
        RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

• Mills is movable. He could move to 1st or a corner OF. Although the more that I think of it, that's probably not the best pick for the D'backs or most realistic. I'm not going to change the entire mock, but give them Bumgarner or Aumont if you'd like. However, if Moustakas falls (who probably will remain at 3B) then the Diamondbacks have shown a strong interest and probably will take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            Porcello is reportedly asking for an insane amount so KC is considering Moustakas or Vitters with the 2nd pick
            Well here is what Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com said about the situation yesterday:

"This has been the guy, and continues to be the guy the Royals want. The only thing that could change this at the last minute is a financial issue, but, as of right now, there's no reason to assume that there will be one, even if Porcello is a Scott Boras advisee. If they do have to go in another direction, they could go with California high school third baseman Josh Vitters."

Comment

• so whats this smoker kid all about aside from being a local boy?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• i would hope that the Cubs would take Wieters if he is available... especially with the defensive and offensive issues we've had with Barrett. I would be surprised if they were to go with a HS player, especially with Jim Hendry's job in some question if this year does not go well...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                  i would hope that the Cubs would take Wieters if he is available... especially with the defensive and offensive issues we've had with Barrett. I would be surprised if they were to go with a HS player, especially with Jim Hendry's job in some question if this year does not go well...
                  I'd be very shocked if the Cubs were to take Wieters. All indications are that Vitters is indeed their guy unless either Porcello or Price drop out of the top two. I've even heard/seen Mike Moustakas' name associated with the Cubs more than I have Wieters. Certainly anything is possible tomorrow, but I don't see it.

Comment

• Is there really any chance Wieters (as low as 18) or Porcello (as low as 26) falls to the White Sox because of their signability? I doubt it, but one can always hope...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• I doubt it but in baseball you never know. Whats the deal for tomorrow? Does anyone want to have a chat going or what?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Is the draft tomorrow???

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Is the draft tomorrow???
                          It's today and tommorow.

Comment

• Reports out of KC indicate that the Royals have narrowed their choice down to four players: Josh Vitters, Jarrod Parker, Mike Moustakas, and Devin Mesoraco.

Out of those four, i'm guessing it's truly down to Vitters and Parker, and I would be thrilled with either one.

Porcello is demanding insane money, and both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus has him dropping to the 20's. BA has him going to Texas at #24, while BP has him going to Detroit at #27. Do what you gotta do, kid.....i'm not gonna lie, I hope he has an awful career.

Draft Day is finally here!!!

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I hope easyb, P-L, or someone else with a lot more knowledge of these high school and college players than me can give me a brief breakdown on who the Yankees pick at #30 when that point comes. I expect them to grab a pitcher from the college ranks but some things I have read said something about possibly some U of Florida position player falling a bit and the Yanks would jump all over him.

Comment

• I've heard that it is more then likely Vitters is going to KC unless TB passes on Price

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information