X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    I like their first round choice. Of course he isn't Porcello but he's still a nice prospect who has high upside. Smokey the past two drafts we took Broadway and McCulloch, two nice solid pitching prospects but probably won't amount to anything more than #3 or #4 guys, Broadway could possibly be a #2 guy but McCulloch has pretty much no upside.

So for our staff to take a big kid with a power arm and a high upside is a sign of promise.
    I predict Poreda never amounts to anything and takes the same career path as either Thornton or Sisco.

Leave a comment:

• fischbowl
    replied
    My favorite player just got drafted:

Dj LeMahieu

Leave a comment:

• sdpads24
    replied
    Ross Wilson got drafted by the padres. Isn't he commited to Alabama already?

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    Cleveland, Minnesota, and Kansas City were all in different situations. The White only had 2 picks in the top 100, had the money to sign someone like Porcello, and needed top of the line talent like Porcello. He was sitting in the White Sox lap, and KW and Shauffer passed
    I like their first round choice. Of course he isn't Porcello but he's still a nice prospect who has high upside. Smokey the past two drafts we took Broadway and McCulloch, two nice solid pitching prospects but probably won't amount to anything more than #3 or #4 guys, Broadway could possibly be a #2 guy but McCulloch has pretty much no upside.

So for our staff to take a big kid with a power arm and a high upside is a sign of promise.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey Joe
    replied
    LOL, Oney Guillen was just drafted be the Sox.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey Joe
    replied
    And so did Cleveland, Minnesota, and Kansas City. Quit your bitching
    Cleveland, Minnesota, and Kansas City were all in different situations. The White only had 2 picks in the top 100, had the money to sign someone like Porcello, and needed top of the line talent like Porcello. He was sitting in the White Sox lap, and KW and Shauffer passed

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You should see the multiple Cardinals MBs. Calling for managements head.

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    So, if they don't sign him, they get the pick back in next years draft. Instead they let the Tigers get the no. 2 overall player in the draft.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    KRod? Who is the octopus?-
    KRod is the Octopus.

Leave a comment:

• fischbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Phrost View Post
    I was talking about the Octopus.
    KRod? Who is the octopus?-

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bachanov is 18. He still has a few years to develop into a closer.
    I was talking about the Octopus.

Leave a comment:

• fischbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    I'm sorry if it has been answered already, but why did Evan Danieli, SHP's other righty, slip so much? Is he pretty much a lock to go to ND, or what's the deal? I heard third round, maybe even second, and I wasn't sure about that but I figured he'd at least have gone a little earlier than 1019...
    Yeah I think he's a lock.

Unless a massive bonus is there he wont go pro.

Leave a comment:

• fischbowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Phrost View Post
    I am pretty sure that have a long term closer already?
    Bachanov is 18. He still has a few years to develop into a closer.

Leave a comment:

• derza222
    replied
    I'm sorry if it has been answered already, but why did Evan Danieli, SHP's other righty, slip so much? Is he pretty much a lock to go to ND, or what's the deal? I heard third round, maybe even second, and I wasn't sure about that but I figured he'd at least have gone a little earlier than 1019...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think Middlebrooks had some sort of commitment to texas.

The Angels did a great job making up forst the lack of a first. Bachanov will be a stud closer and Harvey has the potential to be a top of the line starter.
    I am pretty sure that have a long term closer already?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information