Every 17 years...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every 17 years...

Every 17 years, the Cicada's return... Just to let everyone know, THIS IS THE 17th YEAR!!!!!

Beware all, as the cicada will be coming up from the ground within the next couple of months. Be prepared to be annoyed as hell as these buggers buzz non-stop and peel their shells all over the place. But, they make a nice tasty treat, yum!

peeling it's shell (ewwwwwww!)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Very gross

Comment

I am glad to be experiencing someone like this at a young age. I will see it a few more times before I go, I hope.

Comment

Tell me they don't live in Minnesota...

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
        It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
        Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
        http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
        421 Witness
        756*

Comment

Does this mean we are going to get cancer?

Comment

is there any pestaside that kills em
            Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
            I smoke ten blunts before lunch
            Gucci Mane

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
              Tell me they don't live in Minnesota...
              all across the USA and North America my friend.

But don't worry. If you don't have any trees around your house, or maybe young trees (less then 17 years old), you should be fine, as the trees are where they make their habitat when they are up to the surface. They live underground, but come up every 17 years to mate. And this is the big 17 where millions come up. I am screwed because we have this tree in my backyard that is over 30 years old, so that means I should be seeing plenty of those bastards.

But don't worry about them effecting your pets in anyway. In fact, the cicada's are a good source of protein and if anything, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ripdw27 View Post
                is there any pestaside that kills em
                there probably is, but you wouldn't have enough. There will literally be thousands of them. But they are only on trees. So, when you look at your trees, they will literally be covered with them.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                  Does this mean we are going to get cancer?
                  only dodger fans.

Comment

I thought they were here about 3 years ago, I would have bet $ they were here 3 to 5 years ago.

Comment

I could have sworn that we got those about 4 years ago...

Maybe we just had a smaller invasion

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      I thought they were here about 3 years ago, I would have bet $ they were here 3 to 5 years ago.
                      yeah...

Comment

Here's something else making a return after 17 years......

Now that's scary.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The big DC invasion was 3-4 summers ago. I think the cycle varies from area to area. The cicadas are harmless, but they make a ton of noise. After they mate and lay eggs, they tend to die. The birds have a gigantic feast for a few weeks.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

well, for at least the midwest, this is their time of the year. I would assume probably that on the east and west coast that they might come at a little different times.

Also, just the majority come up every 17 years. There is a possibility you just had a small invasion.

Comment

Oh no, there was no small invasion. They were everywhere. I had to attend a funeral that summer. At the burial site, it was so loud, I couldn't hear the people speak. After they were done mating, the sidewalks were covered in carcasses.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information