Is 4.44 normal for 16 year olds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 4.44 normal for 16 year olds?

Today for football we ran our 40's, and this one kid ran a 4.44 for. We were on the track, and we have a fast track, in the direction of the wind (it was a slight breeze, nothing much though) and the sophomore who ran the 40 was wearing track shoes, but damn. 4.44 for a 16 year old is crazy. Also, he squats about 370 I think it was. To top that off, this kid is about 5'8"-5'9" and only weighs like 170. That is crazy...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    Today for football we ran our 40's, and this one kid ran a 4.44 for. We were on the track, and we have a fast track, in the direction of the wind (it was a slight breeze, nothing much though) and the sophomore who ran the 40 was wearing track shoes, but damn. 4.44 for a 16 year old is crazy. Also, he squats about 370 I think it was. To top that off, this kid is about 5'8"-5'9" and only weighs like 170. That is crazy...
    wow. well we had an 18 year old named orlado run a 4.40 once but he as 18. thats just crazy right there

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

Comment

I have a kid that I played football with this year, he's about 6'0" 230 lbs, runs about a 4.45, and bench max is well over 300. He's a junior.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Yeah, that's not too out of the ordinary at all. At least when I was in high school around here.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

It's ordinary for fast kids. It's nothing to sneeze at for sure, but it's not absolutely insane.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Obviously if a kid runs a 4.4 he is very fast but it's not unheard of. 4.4-4.6 times are common for top high school recruits.

Comment

a 4.44 40... probably can run an 11.2 100....

i don't even want to think about how fast i can run a 100...
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Well, I forgot to mention he is on kreotine... but even so, it amazes me someone so small (he isnt big at all) can run a 40 that fast and squat so much.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  a 4.44 40... probably can run an 11.2 100....

i don't even want to think about how fast i can run a 100...
                  My forty is like 5.8.

Comment

there was a guy that ran a 4.26, he graduated already but he ran that as a sophmore..he played football but wasnt very good, but ran track. hes running for some school in kansas now he says hes 10th in the nation. but i dunno he did run a 4.26....but 10th in the nation? i dunno

Comment

is being able to bench 600, run a 4.35 40 and do 50 pull ups normal for a 16 year old?
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                        My forty is like 5.8.
                        i have short little legs.
                        i think i run the 100 in 18 seconds? something ridiculously sucky.
                        sure i might run fast for my stride, but, when you're...
                        yeah.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

remember that guy on this board who thought hes faster than Reggie bush? He was about 15 and ran with basketball shoes on concrete at night. He compared his video to Reggie's and said if he was officially timed..it would be 4.38-4.40

Comment

You can't put much stock into high school coaches timing. Especially hand timed on a track with a breeze at his back.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                              Well, I forgot to mention he is on kreotine... but even so, it amazes me someone so small (he isnt big at all) can run a 40 that fast and squat so much.
                              You can't attribute that to Creatine. Creatine aids muscle recovery time and allows you to get more reps and last longer, for things such as all out sprints like the 40, Creatine has a marginal effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information