Originally posted by jets future
    Originally posted by snuff
    Originally posted by WhisperSeek
    Jay z >>>> rakim& nas
    When it comes to legacy? Yes.

Lyrically? Hell no.

Nas and Rakim are the greatest lyricists to ever breathe.
    jay z all ways comes out with awsome music, and he is the most consistent rappers ever, thats what tops him off rakim and nas.yeah rakim and nas are better lyrically but who is more consistent
    I don't know about that. I mean Jay-z has really dropped off since Reasonable doubt. On the other hand G-unit has been consistently bad, so I think they are the best.
    well before 2007 you wont be able to say that g-unit ihas been consistenly bad, cus bucks comin out with a new album, scrappy, hot rod, banks, and 50 is coming out with a new albumn in 07.
    i heard scrappy and lloyds albumn and there pretty hot
    Oh they're releasing albums, that makes them good rappers. :roll:
    wait and see

Comment

How can you not want a history and then like Cunninlynguists? Nearly 1/2 of there music is laced with historical references of the bible and other stuff.. Not to mention there best song ever written, Seasons, is a huge metaphor, but you probably don't like it because its forced.

If you don't want to listen to music for a meaning stick to the good all Paul Wall, Mike Jones, and othere good mainstream rappers.
      But its not forced. They do it naturally, it just flows with what theyre trying to accomplish. And theyre versatile. Not all their songs are like that. Listen to "A Piece of Strange". Its hard to explain, but some rappers try to sound intellectual and force it, to others it comes naturally.

Comment

why does mostly every body on this board doesent like mainstream rap, i v never met this many people that like underground rap than mainstream rap

Comment

why does mostly every body on this board doesent like mainstream rap, i v never met this many people that like underground rap than mainstream rap
          How can you like mainstream rap when "Chain Hang Low" is in the top 10? Seriously...how did that dude even get a record deal?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            How can you not want a history and then like Cunninlynguists? Nearly 1/2 of there music is laced with historical references of the bible and other stuff.. Not to mention there best song ever written, Seasons, is a huge metaphor, but you probably don't like it because its forced.

If you don't want to listen to music for a meaning stick to the good all Paul Wall, Mike Jones, and othere good mainstream rappers.
            But its not forced. They do it naturally, it just flows with what theyre trying to accomplish. And theyre versatile. Not all their songs are like that. Listen to "A Piece of Strange". Its hard to explain, but some rappers try to sound intellectual and force it, to others it comes naturally.
            How can you say they force it? Because there flow isn't amazing? So if someone has a good flow and they take 3 years to write a verse they are good, because it doesn't sound forced?

I don't know how it seems forced either. Unless angry = forced.

Comment

Ever notice how most people who love underground now, were first turned on to rap through the mainstream? You rarely see people jump from listening to underground to listening to mainstream exclusively. That would be like man turning into monkey. Don't worry, eventually your taste in music will evolve as well.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason
                Ever notice how most people who love underground now, were first turned on to rap through the mainstream? You rarely see people jump from listening to underground to listening to mainstream exclusively. That would be like man turning into monkey. Don't worry, eventually your taste in music will evolve as well.
                I am not one of those.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

How can you say they force it? Because there flow isn't amazing? So if someone has a good flow and they take 3 years to write a verse they are good, because it doesn't sound forced?

I don't know how it seems forced either. Unless angry = forced.
                  Lol, why are you getting so mad? Its just music, youre taking it way too seriously.

Something sounds forced when you try to make it sound more complex than it has to be. Take writing essays for example. You can go back and take every adjective in your essay and replace it with a fancier word. However, most writers will tell you that doing that is dumb and incorrect because youre forcing it, and you come off not sounding as smooth, and indirectly dulling your point.

Same with rap, it doesn't have to sound complex to be good. Some of the best lyrics Ive ever heard used basic words, but spoke them in a way that got the message across clearly and directly.

Too many rappers nowadays are throwing meaningless punchlines into their raps. It sounds all nice at first, but it has nothing to do with anything, and often times just thrown in without any important relation to the message being conveyed. Thats another example of forced lyrics. Punchlines are fine, but if every other bar has a punchline, now you forced it. Get what Im trying to say?

Comment

How can you like mainstream rap when "Chain Hang Low" is in the top 10? Seriously...how did that dude even get a record deal?
                    well i olny listen to east coast rap i hate the dirty south they killed rap
                    people like lil wayne and t.i they have destroyed the word rap

but dont worry guys new york is back and we are going to bring rap to its good old days

Comment

I see this rap thread going where so many have in the past....

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                        I am not one of those.
                        Yeah, but most were. Like how snuff used to listen to G-unit until he found good music. I guess "turned on" wouldn't be the correct term. I should say that most people first hear rap through the mainstream, and then once they hear some of the hidden gems, they almost always prefer the underground stuff. Point being that the stream of peoples taste generally flows toward underground, and away from pop-rap.

Comment

I am not getting mad, that is my personality. To hate people that make no sense.

Anyway lets hear these great lines with lack of fancy words.

Comment

I am not one of those.
                            Yeah, but most were. Like how snuff used to listen to G-unit until he found good music. I guess "turned on" wouldn't be the correct term. I should say that most people first hear rap through the mainstream, and then once they hear some of the hidden gems, they almost always prefer the underground stuff. Point being that the stream of peoples taste generally flows toward underground, and away from pop-rap.
                            snuff stills listens to g-unit,
                            he doesent want to tell any body but money in the bank is top of his play list

Comment

Only time I listen to G-unit is when my suite mate plays it really loud and forces me to listen to it. I have none on my computer personally.

Comment

I am not one of those.
                                snuff stills listens to g-unit,
                                /\ edit
                                Okay, but who are his favorite rappers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information