Bonnaroo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnaroo

So it looks like i'm going to my first Bonnaroo this year, and i'm definitely pumped for it. There are going to be some amazing bands (Tool, White Stripes, Ben Harper, String Cheese, etc....) and everyone i'm going with went last year and had a blast.

For the uninitiated, Bonnaroo is a four-day music festival held in Tennessee that features multiple stages and an insane amount of bands. Last year Radiohead headlined and this year it will be The Police.

Has anyone here gone to Bonnaroo before? Anyone thinking about going this year? I'm not sure if this is really a Bonnaroo crowd, but figured I would give it a shot.

For more info:

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by njx9
    how the hell are they going to play tool and string cheese at the same show...

it's sounded interesting in the past, but it seemed like it turned into a DMB groupie-love-fest in recent years (this is all rumor). hopefully that's not the case...
    I think it used to be more like that, but they have a pretty diverse list of artists now. I wouldn't say Tool, The Roots, White Stripes, Black Keys, Clutch, etc, fans really fit the mold of "DMB groupies".

I'm sure there will be plenty of people there like that, but with 70,000+ people there i'm guessing the audience will be fairly unique.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      sure... that was based solely on the opinions of friends of friends and whatnot, clearly not necessarily representative. do the bands play full sets, or are they limited to the 30 minute crap that often happens at big concerts?
      From what I hear they play full sets, as they have multiple stages and bands are playing from noon to midnight for four days.

Comment

Is this the modern day hippy fest that people go smoke plant like products and eat fungus then complain about people chopping trees down and then listen to some average music?
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Is this the modern day hippy fest that people go smoke plant like products and eat fungus then complain about people chopping trees down and then listen to some average music?
          Ahem........

I'm sure there will be plenty of people there like that, but with 70,000+ people there i'm guessing the audience will be fairly unique.

Comment

I'd go to see the Police and for the comedy tent. Lewis Black, Dave Attell, and Demetri Martin... sweet!
            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

who is playing if the roots, rhcp, the killers, rolling stones and jimi hendrix then I'd go. but if its grateful dead, fish, dave mathews band, natalie merchant, the goo goo dolls and john mayer then i would go with ear plugs and stare at the hot white suburbia college chicks who don't go past second base without receiving a coach bag.
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

then i would go with ear plugs and stare at the hot white suburbia college chicks who don't go past second base without receiving a coach bag.
                Somebody's bitter.... ;)

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

who is playing if the roots, rhcp, the killers, rolling stones and jimi hendrix then I'd go. but if its grateful dead, fish, dave mathews band, natalie merchant, the goo goo dolls and john mayer then i would go with ear plugs and stare at the hot white suburbia college chicks who don't go past second base without receiving a coach bag.
                  You really can't take 5 seconds to click on the link to the website in the first post?!? My God you're lazy.

But I do hear Jimi Hendrix is going to play a kick ass set.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
                    But I do hear Jimi Hendrix is going to play a kick ass set.
                    Yeah, I hear he and Stevie Ray Vaughan are going to team up on Voodoo Child.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Didnt they change the format of it last year?

I almost went 2 summers ago. But then I didnt. I would rather just go to the Jersey shore.

I definitly wouldnt go now that they changed it to have bands like Tool playing there.... seems like it caters to angry 12 year olds nowadays...

Comment

Do you have to try to be this stupid or does it just come naturally?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                          Didnt they change the format of it last year?

I almost went 2 summers ago. But then I didnt. I would rather just go to the Jersey shore.

I definitly wouldnt go now that they changed it to have bands like Tool playing there.... seems like it caters to angry 12 year olds nowadays...
                          Have you been to a Tool show before? They really aren't as hardcore as non-fans think they are. They have been known to completely stop playing if idiots start moshing - they aren't exactly a Hatebreed type of band.

Personally, I like the diversity of the artists. I'm excited to see Ben Harper, String Cheese, and other similar artists, but i'm also pumped to see The Roots, Tool, and The Decemberists.

Comment

Leave yourself lots of time to get there. My sister went last summer and it literally took about 18 hours to travel the last 3 miles because traffic was such a cluster-

Comment

its natural so dont be alarmed henceforth

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information