Beer Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Appreciation Thread

Talk about small independent brewers, imports, etc. Talk about major domestic breweries is unacceptable!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Fat Tire. The only way to celebrate TGIF.

Comment

http://psychostick.com/beer_small.htm

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Talk about small independent brewers, imports, etc. Talk about major domestic breweries is unacceptable!
        I've had it once but it's made my top 3 beer list.

My other two would be:

Sam summer isn't the best of beers but there is something about it that I like.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Brick Brewery is my home brewery.

For financial reasons, I have to Make 'Er A Laker.

Comment

pasted from the baseball thread
            yeah, i like the leine's. not my favorite wisconsin micro (see Lakefront Brewery), but very good.
            -Sunset Wheat is my favorite Leine's brew and my favorite Wheat beer of all time. they hit it right on the head for that one.
            -But, they just put out a new summer beer called Summer Shandy. it is beer with a lot of lemon flavoring. it is waaaaaaaaay better than i thought it'd be when i heard about it. perfectly blended summer beer. tastes like the perfect combo of beer and lemonade.
            -Leine's Honeyweiss is kinda their flagship. i think they kinda sold out on it recently and are using less honey. still decent though.
            -Leine's Berryweiss is another fruity wheat beer. chicks love it.
            -they are now marketing the idea of mixing leine's honey and leine's berry. calling it "Leinenkugel's Honeyberry" they don't sell it specifically. the drinker needs to buy 2 6-packs and mix it on their own. it is very good. i like the sum better than both of the parts.
            -Leinies Creamy Dark is exactly what it sounds like. it's worth a try, but if you want a dark beer, you can do better.
            -Leines Red-GREAT red beer. my second favorite in the Leine's line.
            -then theirs original and light, which I'd never buy.

Comment

They have something called the Adventure pack but we aren't totally sure whats in there. We think the Red Lager, Creamy Dark, Sunset Wheat, and Weisse.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

My favorite beer that I have when I can find it is Baltika:

There are 9 varieties. My favorite is the #5, which is a honey wheat, and #6, which is a Porter. #9 is a standard ale, and #4 is a dark ale. Those are the 4 that are generally available stateside.

Company website is here: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui.../BN6011_46.jpg
                Last edited by bsaza2358; 05-18-2007, 01:05 PM.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Don't forget Leinie's Apple Spice. I buy a couple cases of that stuff every fall when they release it. Perfect for sitting around the fire and sipping on a cold night.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    They have something called the Adventure pack but we aren't totally sure whats in there. We think the Red Lager, Creamy Dark, Sunset Wheat, and Weisse.
                    I'd love to take an adventure with Leinenkugel's.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      i'm pretty sure that's it. 3 bottles of each. i enjoy all 4.

Comment

This thread is f***ing killing me right now. I'm stuck here at work for another 2 hours and I now have the f***ing shakes. I want a Sunset Wheat so damn bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                          Don't forget Leinie's Apple Spice. I buy a couple cases of that stuff every fall when they release it. Perfect for sitting around the fire and sipping on a cold night.
                          yeah, i forgot to include their seasonals.

Apple Spice for the fall
                          Summer Shandy for the summer
                          Oktoberfest for the fall
                          Big Butt Dopplebock for the winter...allthough i heard they are discontinuing this one...i'm very excited to see it's replacement.

Comment

Go get a lunch beer!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Go get a lunch beer!
                              Already back from lunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information