Beer Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    I'm a happy drunk. I just sit around and smile at everyone. Then there's the violent drunks who get start fights with everyone. Then there's the loud drunks who yell all the time. The hyper drunks who run around all the time. The sulking drunks who sit on the couch and don't say anything.

For women: The bitchy drunks, nuff said about that one. The slutty drunks, again nuff said. The wild drunks, girls who step out from their personalities when they drink.
    I love drinking with people for the first time to see how they change.

As for myself, I'd say I'm a mix. Normally, I'm pretty shy around people I don't very well. When I drink, I'm way more outgoing and my pickup skills improve a lot. Biggest negative for me when drinking is that I'll get into altercations more often. That said, I still maintain that most aren't my fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
      I love drinking with people for the first time to see how they change.

As for myself, I'd say I'm a mix. Normally, I'm pretty shy around people I don't very well. When I drink, I'm way more outgoing and my pickup skills improve a lot. Biggest negative for me when drinking is that I'll get into altercations more often. That said, I still maintain that most aren't my fault.
      See I'm a pretty easy going guy to begin with and I don't really change. I mean if someone pisses me off I'll get roudy, but usually I'm one of those guys who just laughs at everything and gets lovie dovie towards girls. I think when I drink I tell at least one girl I love them. It's pretty funny actually. I'm not a big drinker though. Out of all my friends I consume the least amount of alcohol.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

See I'm a pretty easy going guy to begin with and I don't really change. I mean if someone pisses me off I'll get roudy, but usually I'm one of those guys who just laughs at everything and gets lovie dovie towards girls. I think when I drink I tell at least one girl I love them. It's pretty funny actually. I'm not a big drinker though. Out of all my friends I consume the least amount of alcohol.
        I'm the same way. I'll usually avoid conflict but if somebody really pisses me off I'll almost assuredly try to fight them. As for girls, my beer goggles have a very strong prescription and I'll hit on anything that moves basically. That said, I don't have a reputation as a dragon slayer and I usually come to my senses before I do something I'll regret.

Comment

I'm the same way. I'll usually avoid conflict but if somebody really pisses me off I'll almost assuredly try to fight them. As for girls, my beer goggles have a very strong prescription and I'll hit on anything that moves basically. That said, I don't have a reputation as a dragon slayer and I usually come to my senses before I do something I'll regret.
          To tell you the truth, I've maybe hooked up with one girl, maybe. I'm not quite sure what happened that one night, my friends said something did happen but she said nothing didn't, and I wasn't sober enough to remember anything.

Like you though I have pretty good judgement, even when I'm intoxicated. I know not to drive drunk and I usually don't hook up with girls. I just hit on them, haha.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

To tell you the truth, I've maybe hooked up with one girl, maybe. I'm not quite sure what happened that one night, my friends said something did happen but she said nothing didn't, and I wasn't sober enough to remember anything.

Like you though I have pretty good judgement, even when I'm intoxicated. I know not to drive drunk and I usually don't hook up with girls. I just hit on them, haha.
            Don't worry, my conversion rate on girls is pretty bad also. My opening game is good but the wheels always fall off late in the game, haha.

Drinking and driving is a big no-no. I've had enough tragedy involving drinking and driving and just driving in general to know not to mess with it.

Hitting on girls drunk is a lot of fun. Getting rejected never hurts as much (if at all) and a lot of funny stories stem from drunk pickup sessions.

Comment

Don't worry, my conversion rate on girls is pretty bad also. My opening game is good but the wheels always fall off late in the game, haha.

Drinking and driving is a big no-no. I've had enough tragedy involving drinking and driving and just driving in general to know not to mess with it.

Hitting on girls drunk is a lot of fun. Getting rejected never hurts as much (if at all) and a lot of funny stories stem from drunk pickup sessions.
              Well being drunk gives you an excuse to use a bunch of pathetic pickup lines. Haha I break out the book on those. I've used the pants party, the did you fall from heaven one, the parking ticket one, and a bunch of others. Girls usually just crack up and start laughing. Although my conversion rate with them sucks, but hey I don't mind. I don't really put to much stock into not getting lucky on a night of drinking. If I score I score, if I don't I don't.

I do like watching my friends get drunk though with me stayin sober. It's a lot of fun to see how they act and stuff on a sober mind.

Comment

Well being drunk gives you an excuse to use a bunch of pathetic pickup lines. Haha I break out the book on those. I've used the pants party, the did you fall from heaven one, the parking ticket one, and a bunch of others. Girls usually just crack up and start laughing. Although my conversion rate with them sucks, but hey I don't mind. I don't really put to much stock into not getting lucky on a night of drinking. If I score I score, if I don't I don't.

I do like watching my friends get drunk though with me stayin sober. It's a lot of fun to see how they act and stuff on a sober mind.
                I don't even know what I do when I'm drinking but it tends to work. My best (almost) pick-up ever I thought I had imagined until the next day when a buddy confirmed it. I remember planning it out in my mind but I didn't remember actually doing it until later.

I agree 100% with not caring if you score or not. I just like to have fun and see where the liquor takes me. In the past year I've had so many crazy adventures that it's tough remembering them all. For me, that's what it's all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  Black and Blue is the belgian. They should still brew it. It might be a seasonal one though.
                  So the blueberry/blackberry didn't really come through much? Huh, I just looked it up and seems it was released last month. WTF New Seasons? I want some!

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  As far as the case of 120. It's like 200 bucks. but it last me well over a year with a few friends. It's great. but it's not supurb. Get one. Enjoy the hell out of it. The 90 is still better for sure, and at a better price tag. It's still the safer bet.
                  So have you thought about aging any of the 120s? Usually when I buy a whole case it's because it's a rare beer and it will likely do well with some years on it.

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  I have not tried Hair of the Dog. Mostly because I've never been able to find it out here. They might have it at the super beer bar (aka, Hopleaf... best beer selection i have ever seen...). Oy. Never been the biggest fan of barley wines though.
                  Yeah, I just checked their website and it's not available in Illinois. Oh well. Anyway, how the heck don't you like barley wines? If you like DIPA's, I'd think you'd at least enjoy Bigfoot from Sierra Nevada. Are the ones you've tried just too malty? Too sweet? I can't imagine strength being an issue for you. Which ones have you tried so far?

Comment

I can't help but point out that you're likely young, probably 16 or so at most. I love the taste of alcohol. Beer is one of my favourite beverages. Mixed drinks are also up there. If drank in moderation, alcohol doesn't change how you act at all. Even if you're drunk, you don't necessarily act like an idiot, it depends on the person.
                    acually im 18, and most of my friends get smashed on the weekends...
                    i just done see the point of it..
                    i have nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, but kids in high school dont drink beer as its a delicacy, they drink beer to act "cool" and get smashed.

im just afraid that it wont have to take somebody getting hurt for them to realize the consequences of binge and watnot

Go Ravens!

Comment

• to be honest, at this age, (16) i havent acquired a taste for it yet, and i dont plan on rushing it. I've had some here and there, and I just don't see the big deal. The few times i know i have been drunk, i didn't really find the buzz to be that great. There is really no point for a 16 year old boarding school student to force himself to get smashed, because I really don't need it, and i have no craving for alcohol, nor do i to drink it for kicks. I'm actually fortunate for that, but hey, i realize its the age factor, as im only 16

Comment

• i heard something about dogfishhead IPA being rated the best domestic IPA. so i tried it...it was pretty good..i've had better, but personal preference.

my all time favorite IPA is from brewery here in town called Titletown. it's called Hoposaurus Rex IPA. probably the most bitter beer i've ever had. then sometimes they age it in a cask and call it Caskosaurus Rex IPA. and that comes out even more bitter.

Comment

• also, last night, i had no time to go to a fancy liquor store, so, i just went to the grocery store and got a 12 of leine's sunset wheat. drank 6 or 7 of 'em last night
                          it was excellent

Comment

• ok, my dream 6 pack

Lakefront Riverwest Stein Beer-Milwaukee, WI-amber. favorite beer of all time.
                            Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat-Chippewa Falls, WI-favorite wheat beer ever.
                            Tyranena Hop W.hore IPA-Tyranena, WI (near Madison)-any beer that gets censored has got to be good. it's hella bitter too.
                            Bell's Two Hearted Ale-Kalamazoo, MI-so good.
                            Red Hook ESB-Seattle, WA-yeah, i like the bitter beers.
                            Capital Munich Dark-Madison, WI-only dark beer in my six pack

Comment

• Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                              acually im 18, and most of my friends get smashed on the weekends...
                              i just done see the point of it..
                              i have nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, but kids in high school dont drink beer as its a delicacy, they drink beer to act "cool" and get smashed.

im just afraid that it wont have to take somebody getting hurt for them to realize the consequences of binge and watnot
                              To each his own. Getting drunk can be fun and the consequences don't generally exist.

Comment

• I usually drink cheap beer. However, when I feel like spending a few extra bucks I'll grab a Sunset Wheat, Blue Moon, or Bell's Oberon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information