Beer Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    I know Yuengling, a Pottsville, PA brewer, has been expanding West and South. Back in the 1990's, you could only get it in PA, Delaware, part of NY, and maybe NJ. I know it hit DC around 1999. Last time we had one of these threads, it was in Ohio and Iowa. Any further expansion?
    its so good, and yeah its became real big here in ohio, i know alot of people who drink that. we went to the outer banks in the summer, and thats what we primarily drank.

Comment

nothing wrong with Blue Moon man.

Comment

I also really like Alagash White. It's a lighter beer, but it tastes awesome with a lemon squeezed into it.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Yeungling is great to sit back and drink, but it is terrible as a party/keg beer. For one, it's expensive as hell. Also, it's very heavy, so it takes a while to process through your stomach. You actually get full drinking too much Yuengling. We had a Yuengling keg for a party at our house, and a bunch of people puked because it's not a chugging beer.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Three pages already? That was fast.

Comment

People really like their beer...

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                I don't care if I get flamed for not drinking independent brewery ****, these are a few of my favorite beers:

...Suck it.
                i think blue moons extemely overrated. if were going commerical, my favoirte would have to be:

Comment

ok, if you know what pride i take in Wisconsin beer, you'll understand how hard this for me to say, but my favorite microbrewer ever is Bell's from Kalamazoo, MI. everything they make is amazing. i don't know if they distribute it outside of the midwest though.
                  my favorite is called Bell's Two Hearted Pale Ale
                  Bell's Oberon is also quite amazing. it's another orange ish beer. if you like Sunset Wheat, you'll like Bell's Oberon.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                    nothing wrong with Blue Moon man.
                    If you ask me, it's the same freakin' thing as Hoegaarden (which I know quite a few people here rave about), but because it's brewed by Coors it loses cred.
                    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

another one of my favorite non Wisconsin breweries:

from Washington

love their ESB, IPA and every seasonal they've made Winter Hook, Copper Hook, Late Harvest and Sun Rye Ale. all amazing.

Comment

I like this Cooper's it's from Australia

Comment

There is a place about 10-15 miles away from me in Alexandria (outside of DC) where you can make and bottle your own beer. You make an appointment, choose your brand, etc. They give you the ingredients, and you do all of the work. You design your label, and they make labels and bottles for you during the fermentation period. Once it's done, you bottle your own beer. I think you get 8 24-bottle cases out of it. It does cost about $350-$400, though.

Comment

Big fan of Budwesier, I had it in the Breww\ery in Milwakee. It was awesome.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                              dont have to touch fire to know that its hot....Alcohol is a drug, and the biggst drug in all of america. It destroys many peoples homes. I have seen parts of my family and friends fams destroyed because of alcoholics (and crack heads). Not something I want to start doing. Just me tho
                              It's called moderation and responsibility. Would you not drive a car because some people are idiots and get into car crashes?

Comment

I can't drink Bud. It just tastes like piss to me. I'll have Miller Lite for drinking games and such because it's cheap and predictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information