Beer Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Talk about small independent brewers, imports, etc. Talk about major domestic breweries is unacceptable!
    Just thought I'd reiterate that. Somebody can start a bmc thread if they want, but this thread is for real beer. Cheers.

Comment

I never use the bottle, i always use the can but its may favorite

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
        I never use the bottle, i always use the can but its may favorite
        Cool. What all have you tried? I mean, style-wise?

edit- Dude I love that sig. Been meaning to compliment you on that for awhile.
        Last edited by duckseason; 05-18-2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          the last time i was there (~6 months ago), me and a buddy were going down the list ordering things. every time the waitress said they didn't have it. eventually, we were just point to a page and saying, "if you have anything on this page, i'll take it." they were still missing it most of the time.

they did have most of the american stuff they said they had, but realistically, if i'm going to a place with the biggest beer selection in the world, i want to try some stuff i won't be able to get elsewhere. they failed miserably in that regard.
          You know what? About 6 months ago, I did have an issue like that. They had a problem with one of their major European suppliers, who lost its license. I guess it takes a lot of time to find a distributor that can get you vastly different brands and such, so they were running low. I was there a few weeks back, and their stocks appear to have been replenished.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
            I don't care if I get flamed for not drinking independent brewery ****, these are a few of my favorite beers:

...Suck it.
            Blue Moon is the ****, one of my favs.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
            It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
            Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
            http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
            421 Witness
            756*

Comment

Not my personal favorite but really good and definately in my top 5 and only one of my favs that i didnt see mentioned so far.
              JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Now that I am 21, I finally get to drink beer. Yvengling has been my best experience so far

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post

Not my personal favorite but really good and definately in my top 5 and only one of my favs that i didnt see mentioned so far.
                  Nice. I've never had the chance to try anything from them, but I hear a lot about them. Have you ever tried their Raspberry Tart? That seems to be the one I hear about most. Haven't really got into fruit beer/lambics yet, but I want to try that Raspberry Tart.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    i still think the best microbrews in the US are in colorado. flying dog breweries makes an EXCELLENT golden ale and a superb IPA. tommyknocker is fantastic (just about any variety). new belgium's blue paddle is one of the best pilsener's i've had. anything at breckenridge brewery is terrific, though avalanche is my favorite.
                    Dude. You forgot to mention Great Divide. Have you tried the Yeti or Hercules? They make an excellent barley wine as well. Old Ruffian. One of my favorite breweries. But I think San Diego takes the cake as far as best microbreweries in one area. As a state, it's gotta be California for sure. Just my opinion though.

Comment

• I agree though, njx. Colorado kills it. I hear they have a lot of great brew pubs down there too. I want to visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        Now that I am 21, I finally get to drink beer. Yvengling has been my best experience so far
                        Yuengling is a great standby. You need to drink plenty of other stuff. I recommend going to a taphouse or brewery and having some microbrews.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I'm more of a hard alcohol guy personally. Beer is alright once in a while but I like hard better. Although I don't drink that much. I do really like Sam Adams though. Not a big fan of the domestics because they all taste like cat piss.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            It's called moderation and responsibility. Would you not drive a car because some people are idiots and get into car crashes?

pretty bad contrast comparing a drug to driving. I wont drink because first off im under age (lol im not 21) but even then (im sure most of you drank before 21) i have seen it change peoples behavior, personality, and character first hand. Thats something I dont want to play with. I see zero benefits from drinking......zero. Its a drug to me (which was once banned) and i could care less if its socially acceptable. So is selling drugs, smoking weed, and jacking cars where im from. Just doesnt mean its acceptable for me. If you feel you can handle it or it doesnt effect you (which is what every drinker says, regardless of if their dependant or not) then fine by me....have drinking games, drink when your depressed, and have a beer everyday. It is what it is

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                              heh, i just went for some quick ones. single track is also absolutely terrific.

i like a lot of california brews, and maybe i just haven't had enough, but i've found ours tend to taste better. *shrug* that said, i love anchor steam.
                              Yeah, Anchor Steam is a classic. Love their porter as well, and Old Foghorn is an underrated barley wine. Other great California breweries include- Russian River, Stone, Alesmith, Port, Bear Republic, Sierra Nevada, North Coast, Green Flash, Anderson Valley, Lagunitas etc... Damn there's too many. Bunch of ones I haven't even tried yet. I recommend all the ones I listed though.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                all right, i have to ask. what the hell do you people see in sam adams? i'd rather drink key light. clearly i'm biased, but i've always wondered why people under 40 like it.
                                Dave Chappelle? haha. Yeah, I dunno. They are certainly the best macrobrewery we have (unless you include Sierra Nevada in that), but I don't see much but mediocrity coming from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information