No announcement yet.

Beer Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, hey black, just because you drink beer doesn't mean you have to get drunk. I usually just enjoy a beer after dinner. It's actually quite healthy for you when consumed in moderation.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      caffeine is a drug that alters people's behaviour and that they use when depressed. can i safely assume you also don't drink soda, coffee or most teas?
      so can prescription medecines. Still not comparable to alcohol

lol @ a father beating his children because he drank 1 too many sprites

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by -black View Post
        so can prescription medecines. Still not comparable to alcohol

lol @ a father beating his children because he drank 1 too many sprites
        Don't blame beer for dumbasses. Beer is a great thing, and it demands respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
          Cool. What all have you tried? I mean, style-wise?

edit- Dude I love that sig. Been meaning to compliment you on that for awhile.
          ha thanks, ive tried everything from Sam Adams lagers to homemade stuff friends made but i have only had light beer once in my life

Comment

• lol its cool. Just not something for me. Seen it hurt too many innocent people for my liking

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

all right, i have to ask. what the hell do you people see in sam adams? i'd rather drink key light. clearly i'm biased, but i've always wondered why people under 40 like it.
              I enjoy Sams in certain situations. It is not my go to, but it is enerally consistent, takes a long time to skunkify, and there is a lot of variety there. It is a solid performer and has a solid overall body and taste. Never an all-star, but never a disappointment.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
                ha thanks, ive tried everything from Sam Adams lagers to homemade stuff friends made but i have only had light beer once in my life
                Which was the heineken, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by -black View Post
                  lol its cool. Just not something for me. Seen it hurt too many innocent people for my liking
                  Yeah, alcohol has greatly affected my family as well. My real dad chose it over me and my brothers. Recently died. But ignorance is to blame. Not the beer.

Comment

• I like certain Sam Adams beer, and I will drink it if it's on special or offered to me at a party. It's not my favorite, but it is a solid option that never disappoints me.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                      Which was the heineken, correct?
                      god no, im sure heine light is gross i had light beer once in college and never went back again

Comment

• Three points. 1. I have 12 Leinenkugel Sunset Wheats in my fridge. I'm pumped.

2. Duckseason, I went to San Diego for a long weekend two years ago. Maybe I missed out their good microbrews, which ones were you referring to.

3. Anchor Steam is very good. I have to drive to this liquor store pretty far away from my house every year just to get a case of their Christmas Ale which has become standard in my house on Christmas. I'd love to try their Summer Ale but have yet to.

Comment

i just don't think i've ever liked any of their brews. the regular one is barely palatable. it seems like the kind of thing 40+'s drink because it's like coors but with a classier name. *shrug*
                          I agree. There is absolutely no reason to spend money on their beers when there are so many great ones available at the same price. I give them credit for at least being creative and actually caring about the beer though. At least they don't try to sell "cold" in there beers.

Comment

• Try to Sam Adam's White Ale. Its not out anymore. In fact its only around for a short period of time every year. That is probably my favorite Sam option. Out probably from late Feb to mid April.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
                              god no, im sure heine light is gross i had light beer once in college and never went back again
                              Oh. I just assumed you were referring to the heineken because it is a very light lager. I don't even consider "light beer" to be beer at all. I meant style-wise. You know? There are hundreds of styles Ale, and hundreds of styles of lagers.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
                                pasted from the baseball thread
                                yeah, i like the leine's. not my favorite wisconsin micro (see Lakefront Brewery), but very good.
                                -Sunset Wheat is my favorite Leine's brew and my favorite Wheat beer of all time. they hit it right on the head for that one.
                                -But, they just put out a new summer beer called Summer Shandy. it is beer with a lot of lemon flavoring. it is waaaaaaaaay better than i thought it'd be when i heard about it. perfectly blended summer beer. tastes like the perfect combo of beer and lemonade.
                                -Leine's Honeyweiss is kinda their flagship. i think they kinda sold out on it recently and are using less honey. still decent though.
                                -Leine's Berryweiss is another fruity wheat beer. chicks love it.
                                -they are now marketing the idea of mixing leine's honey and leine's berry. calling it "Leinenkugel's Honeyberry" they don't sell it specifically. the drinker needs to buy 2 6-packs and mix it on their own. it is very good. i like the sum better than both of the parts.
                                -Leinies Creamy Dark is exactly what it sounds like. it's worth a try, but if you want a dark beer, you can do better.
                                -Leines Red-GREAT red beer. my second favorite in the Leine's line.
                                -then theirs original and light, which I'd never buy.
                                Drowe, I used to respect you. However, upon learign that you think lene's sunset wheat is their best beer I may have to rethink that. That crap tastes like my seven year old sister's room/ meets frutie pebbles with all that fruity crap. Anyways, Beer is for amatures/sundays/sporting events. DRINK WHISKEY!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information