Beer Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    *shrug* never heard of a father beating his children just because he had one beer. i know it's not for everyone, but the people who swear it off tend to have fairly condescending reasons that either make me an alcoholic because i like the way beer tastes, or make me an abusive father/husband because i like to get drunk on occasion.
    Are you impying I sound like im pointing the finger or being houlier than thou? If yall can handle it then kudos to you. Im talking about strictly for me. I dont know if I could, I see the worse examples and it scares me away. I thought I could handle sex, and became DEPENDENT on it....i'm easily hooked. Now i got a lil 1 to look after at 18. Im not sure I personally could handle it, which is why I will never try. No benefits for me, just a possibility of big trouble in the future

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Three points. 1. I have 12 Leinenkugel Sunset Wheats in my fridge. I'm pumped.

2. Duckseason, I went to San Diego for a long weekend two years ago. Maybe I missed out their good microbrews, which ones were you referring to.

3. Anchor Steam is very good. I have to drive to this liquor store pretty far away from my house every year just to get a case of their Christmas Ale which has become standard in my house on Christmas. I'd love to try their Summer Ale but have yet to.
      Dude. You gotta try Alesmith, Stone, Pizza Port, and Green Flash. Those are the ones that I've tried, and they are all regarded as some of the best breweries in the country. I've loved every beer I've had from those 4. There are many others, but I haven't yet had the opportunity of trying anything from them. Here's a link I just dug up.

http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org/Breweries.html

Comment

• speaking of beers, im outro! 2.50 for 23.5 oz budweisers.
        plus black diamond steak special for dinner awesome
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
          Dude. You gotta try Alesmith, Stone, Pizza Port, and Green Flash. Those are the ones that I've tried, and they are all regarded as some of the best breweries in the country. I've loved every beer I've had from those 4. There are many others, but I haven't yet had the opportunity of trying anything from them. Here's a link I just dug up.

http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org/Breweries.html
          All I had there that was native to San Diego was Carl Strauss, and it was very not special. Not bad but not special. Their brewery/restaurant was the next block over from my hotel. And they seemed to have it at every bar.

Comment

• alcohol is overrated

Go Ravens!

Comment

All I had there that was native to San Diego was Carl Strauss, and it was very not special. Not bad but not special. Their brewery/restaurant was the next block over from my hotel. And they seemed to have it at every bar.
              Huh, well that sucks. I'm don't think you'll be able to find anything in your area from the other 3 breweries I listed, but Stone does distribute to Jersey. I'd recommend any and all their beers. You missed out on this years Russian Imperial Stout though.

Comment

btw, just because i hate everyone, i'm enjoying a fat tire at work, right now. there are very few things on earth better than a slow friday afternoon.
                Nice. Dude, I can't believe I forgot about Avery in my earlier post. My second favorite Colorado brewery. Have you tried anything from them?

Comment

Huh, well that sucks. I'm don't think you'll be able to find anything in your area from the other 3 breweries I listed, but Stone does distribute to Jersey. I'd recommend any and all their beers. You missed out on this years Russian Imperial Stout though.
                  Never had Stone but that gargoyle logo definately is familiar. I've seen it around here. I'll try it. I think the problem was I didn't really go to any of the brewery's. Karl Strauss seemed to be in every bar imaginable.

Comment

Nice. I've never had the chance to try anything from them, but I hear a lot about them. Have you ever tried their Raspberry Tart? That seems to be the one I hear about most. Haven't really got into fruit beer/lambics yet, but I want to try that Raspberry Tart.
                    I think it's pretty good which says a lot cuz i dont really like stuff like that, i like to just stick to the Spotted Cow if i have a choice.
                    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
                      I think it's pretty good which says a lot cuz i dont really like stuff like that, i like to just stick to the Spotted Cow if i have a choice.
                      Nice. If I ever see anything from them around here I'll definitely pick some up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scar View Post
                        Just how much beer did you drink at the Bud brewery? Enough to make you forget you were in St. Louis?
                        Is that where I was? I was really hammered.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Never had Stone but that gargoyle logo definately is familiar. I've seen it around here. I'll try it. I think the problem was I didn't really go to any of the brewery's. Karl Strauss seemed to be in every bar imaginable.
                          Their next limited release is the Vertical Epic. It will be out on 07-07-07. I hear this years version will be a Saison/(some other belgian style.) The idea behind the vertical epic was to come out with 11 beers starting on 02-02-02 and ending on 12-12-12. Then they would be consumed in a vertical tasting at some point soon thereafter. So far, they've all been belgian styles. Anyway, I've only got the 05 and 06. Wasn't around when the others came out. But I thought I'd give you the heads up because those things will fly off the shelf. A bottle of the '02 recently sold for $400 on ebay. Look for their anniversary ale in August as well. Last years ranks as one of my favorite beers of all time.

Comment

Their next limited release is the Vertical Epic. It will be out on 07-07-07. I hear this years version will be a Saison/(some other belgian style.) The idea behind the vertical epic was to come out with 11 beers starting on 02-02-02 and ending on 12-12-12. Then they would be consumed in a vertical tasting at some point soon thereafter. So far, they've all been belgian styles. Anyway, I've only got the 05 and 06. Wasn't around when the others came out. But I thought I'd give you the heads up because those things will fly off the shelf. A bottle of the '02 recently sold for $400 on ebay. Look for their anniversary ale in August as well. Last years ranks as one of my favorite beers of all time.
                            I wonder if those Epics will even reach NJ. We may only get their "core" styles.

Comment

all right, i have to ask. what the hell do you people see in sam adams? i'd rather drink key light. clearly i'm biased, but i've always wondered why people under 40 like it.

I'm with you there, I;ve never liked Sam Adams, also with you on Anchor, Anchor Porter is one of my favorites. Smithwick's is probably still my favorite, but being in upstate New York a lot lately I've had a lot of Saranac and their Black and Tan and Black Forest are both excellent.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                              Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

You missed out on this years Russian Imperial Stout though.
                                I can typically handle dark beer, but the last Russian Imperial Stout I had (Rasputin's? I'm not sure if that's the name of the brewery, but it's his picture on the label) was just far too much for me to handle. The moment that thing stopped being ice cold it was like trying to drink a loaf of dry bread covered with cough syrup.

Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information