Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired

I was fired for the first time in my life today!

I was working at a truss company, building trusses. I started on Monday and found out after my shift tonight (Friday) that I was fired.

The job was pretty simple. We built trusses. I worked in a team of 3 with two other more experienced guys. We layed out the truss, plated it, and pressed it. Not rocket science, but it takes a bit of learning to get the knack of it.

I was fired because apparently I was too slow. This angers me for a few reasons:

1) I wasn't. I could easily keep up with my crew and was ahead of one of the guy's 95% of the time. I was there only a few days and I had picked up everything very well. Also, the night shift foreman said that the day shift foreman said I was too slow. How would he know since he was never there while I was working (I was on the night shift). My work was also good quality.

2) My crew leader and other employees were surprised that I was fired. They said they had never seen anybody get fired before. Also, they thought I was making good time.

3) I feel I was fired because I didn't fit the "mold" of the employees there. I'm a university student who is just trying to make some cash this summer to pay next year's bills. Everybody else who works there is a high school dropout, drug addict, and a criminal. During break, every single employee (except the boss and two old guys) would snort cocaine and smoke pot. They were all coke fiends and most of them had extensive criminal records (lots of domestic abuse, drug charges,etc.). How does the most clean cut guy get fired? I worked as hard as anybody there and was picking it up faster than other people who were recently hired.

Anybody else get fired and felt it was unjust? I'm not too angry because the job was nothing special, but it still pisses me off that I was fired for what I felt was unjust.

Dude that sucks. I'd say file a lawsuit but it looks like you're not to angry about it. Good luck finding a new job man, in the mean time, drink your life away! :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

He's a student, where would he get the money for a Lawsuit?

Anyways, assuming you have some of their phone numbers, just prank call them a few times and things like that.

Comment

I think they did you a favor by firing you... I wouldn't want to work there. One of the crack heads would pull a knife on you.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
          He's a student, where would he get the money for a Lawsuit?

Anyways, assuming you have some of their phone numbers, just prank call them a few times and things like that.
          He could always represent himself. Canadian courts are probably pretty easy to persuade. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            I think they did you a favor by firing you... I wouldn't want to work there. One of the crack heads would pull a knife on you.
            I wouldn't doubt it although I managed to get along with them. It's not the coke fiends that I'm pissed at, just management.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              3) I feel I was fired because I didn't fit the "mold" of the employees there. I'm a university student who is just trying to make some cash this summer to pay next year's bills. Everybody else who works there is a high school dropout, drug addict, and a criminal. During break, every single employee (except the boss and two old guys) would snort cocaine and smoke pot. They were all coke fiends and most of them had extensive criminal records (lots of domestic abuse, drug charges,etc.). How does the most clean cut guy get fired? I worked as hard as anybody there and was picking it up faster than other people who were recently hired.
              Maybe they thought you were a Narc! Just kidding man. Sounds like a very replaceable job. You'll be fine. Good luck.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I havent been fired for dumb reasons but i worked at a factory over the summer and it was my second summer working there and there's a cushy summer job driving a forklift around that they give out based on seniority, which i was #1 and they gave it to a hot chick that just started that summer. I was so mad about it and made sure that management knew it. They threatened to fire me if didnt drop it and i quit on the spot but they convinced me to come back but i told them i'm willing to quit if anything else dumb happens.

It all worked out I guess since management never scheduled me for mandatory weekend work that entire summer cuz they knew i would be pissed and top that off with the last month of summer when i went out with the hot chick who got the job that was rightfully mine.

Not nearly as bad as ur story in any way but just another example of idiot people who are in charge and make dumb decisions. Good luck finding hopefully a better job.
                JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  Dude that sucks. I'd say file a lawsuit but it looks like you're not to angry about it. Good luck finding a new job man, in the mean time, drink your life away! :D
                  Meh, I don't have the time to file a lawsuit. Hell, I should be filing one right now for when a kid caught me on the streets and knocked me out. Then, him and his buddies attacked four of my friends in their car. They smashed the windows in and started kicking and punching them through the windows. Just not worth the effort though because nothing will come of the lawsuit.

As for the drinking, I'll probably drink on weekends like usual but it's boring here. In the summer I live in a REALLY small town (4,400 people) so there's not much going on.

Comment

The hell's a truss?

Also, that sucks.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Man don't worry about it. I don't know how uspet you are, but don't be for a few reasons. 1) It seems like a lousy job anyways, maybe this is a blessing in disguise and you can move on to bigger and better things. 2) Judging by your comments, you seem like a very intelligent man, I think you are more than capable of finding a new job soon.
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

When I was a teenager I was working at a pizza place they waited for me to help unload the truck then gave me the butt the second I was done just kept be around to unload the truck I was pist.

Comment

If your white, you could probably now win a defamation suit.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I was working as a cashier for over a year and then some new girl comes in and she gets paid more than I did. I got a raise like 2 months later but it still kinda pissed me off.

Comment

Never been fired, so here's a quit story.

My first job was at Taco Hell when I was almost 17 years old. I worked with some of the biggest idiots in the free world; my "training manager" just threw me on the line after about an hour of watching videos on my first day. Granted, any idiot can work fast food, but it's actually pretty frustrating whenever you don't get trained, literally at all. I also never eat Taco Bell, so I didn't know anything on the menu aside from the plain old taco. I think it was my fourth day working there, it was lunch time and things were pretty hectic because cars were arriving faster than the idiots and I could get the food out. At that point, I decided enough was enough. I simply clocked out, went home, and have only been back once -- to turn in my uniform and pick up my ****** ass check. It felt good.

I've had my current job almost three years, and let's just say it's been a MUCH more pleasurable experience.
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information