No announcement yet.

Sidney Crosby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleury, Staal, Crosby, and Malkin is what you get when you get a Top 3 pick for four straight years (although, admittedly, we passed up on Eric Staal in '03 to get Fleury).

And to the poll question, who do you think I'll say?

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
    Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
      Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
      Originally posted by sweetness34
      Crosby is the better all-around player but Ovetchkin is the better scorer and forechecker at this point. Crosby's stats will never be in the same league as Gretzky due to the changes in the game so I doubt he'll ever be seen as better than Gretzky.
      How is that? The new rules increase scoring and numbers. :?
      I'm talking about the difference in eras between when Gretzky played and Crosby played. Crosby will never come close to 200-point season. It's a different game now.
      It's a more offensive game now. How many points did Crosby have last year, I know he had over 100. But this kid is only going to get better and better each season. He'll break it IMO.
      Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the NHL is more offensive now than it was in Gretzky's era you are simply clueless. Gretzky has an unbreakable record unless Crosby is planning on playing 30 seasons at an extremely high level.
      :roll:

Simply clueless huh. Considering the rules were made for the game to be more offensive, and considering goal totals and offense have been up since the lockout, yep I'm clueless. I'm not talking about career, I was talking single season, which was what I thought you were talking about. I doubt he breaks his career record but I think Crosby can get 200 points in a season and break Wayne's.
      They didn't make the rules to open up the game from what Gretzky played in, they opened it up from the New Jersey trap style of hockey, where there were VERY few goals. The new NHL STILL isn't as wide open as it was in the 80s. No way he makes it to a 200 point season. It just isn't possible in today's league.
      Thank you, somebody who knows what they're talking about. Last year the top scorer had 125 points. Do you think Crosby will somehow magically score 216 points (100 more points than the leading scorer last year, who is a far superior player to Crosby) playing the same style of hockey? It's just not possible. So yes, you are clueless.
      A big reason for that has to be the difference in pads for now compared to then. Look at the pads that goalies used to wear back then they really didnt cover much. The league made restrictions to the size of goalies pads a couple years ago, but they are still over sized and goalies still cover much more net than they did back in the 80s. This has to be one of the bigger reasons for amount of scoring then and now.

Jagr and Thorton both had great years last year and they werent close to Gretzky's record. It will not be broken.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by danman253
        With Pitts cap issues i doubt they can keep all 4 of them. If they do, Stanley cup in '08
        A deep, rounded, well-coached team has a million times better chance at a Cup than a team with a handful of superstars (also, I'd say Staal has a while to go anyway). Pittsburgh has to do some pulling together before they can approach the Cup

Comment

Poll purposes: Crosby
          but somehow that can only be expected from me

Comment

I thought this was about the kicker.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Love both players, but Crosby is the most well-rounded player. Anyone can score goals (maybe not as pretty as Ovechkin) but the way Crosby can see the ice and set-up ANYONE, makes him the games best player. Loved the game last night. Anytime you get a chance to watch Crosby or Ovech, don't pass it up.

Sid the Kid is the real thing.

Thanks eaglez.fan

Comment

Oven chin easily

Wait, this isnt a best name thread? Sorry, my votes already cast

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                Originally posted by yodachu
                Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

I'll predict Sidney does break the record, or at least come very close. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for it but I don't care. I'll stick with my prediction Moses. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I'll predict Sidney does break the record, or at least come very close. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for it but I don't care. I'll stick with my prediction Moses. :D
                    I'll predict that Tomlinson will score 80 rushing touchdowns next season. Anybody can make a flatout stupid prediction. :P

Comment

I'll predict that Tomlinson will score 80 rushing touchdowns next season. Anybody can make a flatout stupid prediction. :P
                      Sidney has yet to reach his potential, and I think he's got a shot. Not saying he will but he's got a shot. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Sidney has yet to reach his potential, and I think he's got a shot. Not saying he will but he's got a shot. :D
                        It's not his talent. It's the fact that NOBODY will ever score 200 points again, unless the game changes dramatically.

Comment

It's true what Moses is saying. Most people think that the NHL is so wide-open now. And offensive but when Wayne was playing it was alot more wide-open and more offensive. The goalies weren't as good and didn't have as big pads. Crosby will be good but no Wayne Gretzky

Comment

Marek Svatos
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan

Marek Svatos
                              Okay?

I hope ur not suggesting Svatos is anywere near these two :roll:

Comment

Nope, just reppin' my fav. player.

Definately Crosby.
                                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information