Sidney Crosby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Crosby

I've been a hockey fan all my life, and have played since I was 3. After watching him last night...WOW 1 goal, 5 assists vs. Philadelphia... The most impressive thing was...every goal he was out there, and his passes are so crisp and perfect...it's sick! He's clearly the better player than Ovechkin, but not to discredit him, he is the better scorer, but Crosby can just do it all. Your thoughts Hockey Fans? Who's better?

A little side question...I know it may seem a bit homerish...but could he eventually surpass the Great One, for greatest of all time?

Props to Darnik

Originally posted by CutlerChris
    Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
    ^^^^^^
    OMFG LMAO

Crosby is the better all-around player but Ovetchkin is the better scorer and forechecker at this point. Crosby's stats will never be in the same league as Gretzky due to the changes in the game so I doubt he'll ever be seen as better than Gretzky.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
      Crosby is the better all-around player but Ovetchkin is the better scorer and forechecker at this point. Crosby's stats will never be in the same league as Gretzky due to the changes in the game so I doubt he'll ever be seen as better than Gretzky.
      How is that? The new rules increase scoring and numbers. :?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Re: Sidney Crosby

Originally posted by TIP
        I've been a hockey fan all my life, and have played since I was 3. After watching him last night...WOW 1 goal, 5 assists vs. Philadelphia... The most impressive thing was...every goal he was out there, and his passes are so crisp and perfect...it's sick! He's clearly the better player than Ovechkin, but not to discredit him, he is the better scorer, but Crosby can just do it all. Your thoughts Hockey Fans? Who's better?

A little side question...I know it may seem a bit homerish...but could he eventually surpass the Great One, for greatest of all time?
        I think him and the new kid we got this year will be a formidable duo.. As long as the Penguins clean up their Financial issues.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
          I'm talking about the difference in eras between when Gretzky played and Crosby played. Crosby will never come close to 200-point season. It's a different game now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
            Originally posted by TIP

I think him and the new kid we got this year will be a formidable duo.. As long as the Penguins clean up their Financial issues.

yea...Evegeni Malkin is a STUD. Reminds me a lot of Lemieux. Good Size, Physical, great scorer. And Jordan Staal (this years 1st rounder) has been outstanding as well. Not to mention Marc-Andre Fleury. In fact...Penguins last 4 rounders, Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, Staal. All are on the team, and are all having great seasons. They have some serious youth talent there.

Props to Darnik

She was a woman.
            ^^^^^^
            OMFG LMAO

Comment

With Pitts cap issues i doubt they can keep all 4 of them. If they do, Stanley cup in '08

Comment

Originally posted by TIP
                Originally posted by Mr. Stiller
                Originally posted by TIP

yea...Evegeni Malkin is a STUD. Reminds me a lot of Lemieux. Good Size, Physical, great scorer. And Jordan Staal (this years 1st rounder) has been outstanding as well. Not to mention Marc-Andre Fleury. In fact...Penguins last 4 rounders, Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, Staal. All are on the team, and are all having great seasons. They have some serious youth talent there.
                Now all they have to do is move out of Pittsburgh and into Kitchener-Waterloo. :twisted:

Comment

I'm talking about the difference in eras between when Gretzky played and Crosby played. Crosby will never come close to 200-point season. It's a different game now.
                  It's a more offensive game now. How many points did Crosby have last year, I know he had over 100. But this kid is only going to get better and better each season. He'll break it IMO.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

It's a more offensive game now. How many points did Crosby have last year, I know he had over 100. But this kid is only going to get better and better each season. He'll break it IMO.
                    Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the NHL is more offensive now than it was in Gretzky's era you are simply clueless. Gretzky has an unbreakable record unless Crosby is planning on playing 30 seasons at an extremely high level.

Comment

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the NHL is more offensive now than it was in Gretzky's era you are simply clueless. Gretzky has an unbreakable record unless Crosby is planning on playing 30 seasons at an extremely high level.
                      :roll:

Simply clueless huh. Considering the rules were made for the game to be more offensive, and considering goal totals and offense have been up since the lockout, yep I'm clueless. I'm not talking about career, I was talking single season, which was what I thought you were talking about. I doubt he breaks his career record but I think Crosby can get 200 points in a season and break Wayne's.

Comment

Simply clueless huh. Considering the rules were made for the game to be more offensive, and considering goal totals and offense have been up since the lockout, yep I'm clueless. I'm not talking about career, I was talking single season, which was what I thought you were talking about. I doubt he breaks his career record but I think Crosby can get 200 points in a season and break Wayne's.
                        They didn't make the rules to open up the game from what Gretzky played in, they opened it up from the New Jersey trap style of hockey, where there were VERY few goals. The new NHL STILL isn't as wide open as it was in the 80s. No way he makes it to a 200 point season. It just isn't possible in today's league.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski

They didn't make the rules to open up the game from what Gretzky played in, they opened it up from the New Jersey trap style of hockey, where there were VERY few goals. The new NHL STILL isn't as wide open as it was in the 80s. No way he makes it to a 200 point season. It just isn't possible in today's league.
                          Thank you, somebody who knows what they're talking about. Last year the top scorer had 125 points. Do you think Crosby will somehow magically score 216 points (100 more points than the leading scorer last year, who is a far superior player to Crosby) playing the same style of hockey? It's just not possible. So yes, you are clueless.

Comment

Crosby is better than Ovechkin. But Alexander the Great is very good. Crosby will never break any of Gretzky's records, and if he does he won't be accepted as the best player of all-time because of the scoring freindly rules.

Pitsburg will be good with Fluery, Malkin and Crosby but Staal is an average player and won't be anything special

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
                              Crosby is better than Ovechkin. But Alexander the Great is very good. Crosby will never break any of Gretzky's records, and if he does he won't be accepted as the best player of all-time because of the scoring freindly rules.

Pitsburg will be good with Fluery, Malkin and Crosby but Staal is an average player and won't be anything special
                              your average :evil:

Props to Darnik

She was a woman.
                              ^^^^^^
                              OMFG LMAO

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information