Ronaldinho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldinho

I have friends who say he could play in the NFL. I think they're dumb. I tell them that if he gets crushed once then he's done. Do you think he is or isn't NFL material?

he never will.. makes WAY more money playing soccer... alot of soccer players are very good athletes.. so i think they could hold their own if they focused their workouts towards football...

Comment

he is 5'11 160, not a chance

Comment

Play what in the NFL? Besides being wicked fast, what translatable skills does he have to make the transfer?

Comment

WTF? Where the hell did this come from? This has become one of the dumbest threads in the history of these boards.

And no I don't think he can play in the NFL. He has a hard enough time dealing with physical play as it is in soccer.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

He's a good soccer player he should just stick with it

Comment

Wha? He could be a Kicker, but that's about it.

Comment

Hypothetically, I think he might make a good slot WR or CB, hypothetically not practically. Some aspects of his game might translate well to American football (like his speed and amazing footwork) but I doubt Ronaldihno can hit someone very well.

PM me for sig requests
                Originally posted by Sean Connery
                Suck it Trebek!

Comment

We can easily establish that what really makes Ronaldinho so amazing is that he is a wizard with his feet. The moment he enters the NFL his best attribute is immediately useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    We can easily establish that what really makes Ronaldinho so amazing is that he is a wizard with his feet. The moment he enters the NFL his best attribute is immediately useless.
                    vision and awareness are also very key to his sucess which will translate well to any sport...

Comment

he isnt even that fast, at all

former #1 in post count on this site
                      first to 500 posts

Comment

His upper body strength would be a huge negative in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by TCU View Post
                          he isnt even that fast, at all
                          I know. I was watching a video and he had good footwork and that's how he got by defenders. He didn't outrun them. It was pure moves.

Comment

Originally posted by TH3 View Post
                            vision and awareness are also very key to his sucess which will translate well to any sport...
                            Except in soccer he just needs to keep the ball away from a defender, while in football a player would just a soon run him over as anything else.

Speaking from experience, the two sports are completely different to play, and require totally different kinds of awareness. He's a nice athlete, but he would get killed in the NFL.

Comment

christiano renaldo would translate better as he has pure speed along with the amazing footwork

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information