• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
    Originally posted by soybean
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by Boston
    Ok, i guess the real question behind this is, why? Why is it that NCAA basketball is better to the average person than the NBA?
    A) It's team basketball, not a lot of one-on-one

B) The atmosphere in the games are incredible, something the NBA can't touch. I mean thousands of screaming student fans dressed in body paint and screaming their heads off, come on now. There's nothing better.

C) They aren't a bunch of overpaid panzies

D) March Madness, nuff said

E) They actually allow them to play in College, unlike the NBA where if you breath on a person it's a foul

F) Home court advantage is home court advantage in College Basketball.

G) It's just a better overall game
    same could be said about football.
    Lol, you're calling pro football players overpaid panzies? They get paid alot less than NBA guys. The max contract starting point is like $15 mill and it grows every year.

NBA Sucks. There are like 5 good centers in the NBA, the same teams always win, the draft is a joke and in any given one there will probably only be 10 good players, and the officiating is awful. EASILY the worst professional league IMO. Which sucks because basketball isn't a bad sport at all.
    Umn yeah I love NCAA much more but your whole only 10 good players in each draft thing is funny. Ever think it's because there are only 60 players taken in a draft and there are thousands less NBA players than NFL players.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon
      Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
      Originally posted by soybean
      Originally posted by sweetness34
      Originally posted by Boston
      Ok, i guess the real question behind this is, why? Why is it that NCAA basketball is better to the average person than the NBA?
      A) It's team basketball, not a lot of one-on-one

B) The atmosphere in the games are incredible, something the NBA can't touch. I mean thousands of screaming student fans dressed in body paint and screaming their heads off, come on now. There's nothing better.

C) They aren't a bunch of overpaid panzies

D) March Madness, nuff said

E) They actually allow them to play in College, unlike the NBA where if you breath on a person it's a foul

F) Home court advantage is home court advantage in College Basketball.

G) It's just a better overall game
      same could be said about football.
      Lol, you're calling pro football players overpaid panzies? They get paid alot less than NBA guys. The max contract starting point is like $15 mill and it grows every year.

NBA Sucks. There are like 5 good centers in the NBA, the same teams always win, the draft is a joke and in any given one there will probably only be 10 good players, and the officiating is awful. EASILY the worst professional league IMO. Which sucks because basketball isn't a bad sport at all.
      Umn yeah I love NCAA much more but your whole only 10 good players in each draft thing is funny. Ever think it's because there are only 60 players taken in a draft and there are thousands less NBA players than NFL players.
      Still though, a first round pick should be used on someone who at least ends up serviceable. Andwhen I say good, I don't even mean real good, I mean starter, or even good sixth man.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I like the NBA more because they are very charitable and have some players that give a crap about the community.

The NFL donated 1 million dollars to hurriccane relief. the nba...250 million.

Kevin Garnett alone donated 25 million to rebuilding Southern Louisiana. (watch oprah if you dont believe me)

I know the NFL has great people like Warrick Dunn, but most NFL players are just drug addicts that care more bout themselves than anything else.

Comment

oh and btw, i do not mean i like basketball more than football, i just think the nba has done a better job of handling their business.

Also, you cant use the logic that you're only considered successful if you become a starter... there are only 5 people that start per team.

And i know they are overpaid but the reason is because, everyone contributes on a basketball team, there are people on football teams that never ever see the field, including practice squads etc.

i like football more now though, college...

Comment

NCAA by far. I mean, take for example. I was flipping between the Cavs game and the Ohio State - North Carolina game. I mean, the Cavs are in the 4th quarter, close game, and they don't even look like they're trying. Flip one channel down to OSU-NC, they're playing crazy fast, trying like crazy, diving for balls, jumping to block shots, driving as hard as they can. These aren't guys getting paid the big bucks, they're playing basketball because they want to, because it's fun, and it shows.

Comment

I like both, but I always like professional leagues over collegiate. Better players, talent, and bigger stage to play on. I enjoy seeing the best of the best play each other. The atmosphere isn't always as great in the regular season, but the NBA playoffs are great. I don't know why the salary of professional players should have anything to do w/why college is better than professional but whatevers.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information