Official OVFL Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
    Haha. Yea thats the same as me. And if all the people who say they are coming back for Brampton next year actually do come back...boy, we will have one veteran team with a couple university guys. Could be good.
    Problem is that never happens. In JV all the veterans come back, but in Senior they all have different excuses and a lot of great players don't come back. I really hope the same doesn't happen for me, I enjoy the OVFL and when I can't play I'll definitely volunteer to coach. Man, I'd be a sick coach :)

Our game against Sauga is Saturday at 2. Not to sound cocky or anything but I don't think they stand a chance. #35 is still injured and they barely beat Cumberland & Etobicoke, two teams we murdered. Barring any Brampton-like collapse, we should face our only real test in the final if London is there. They have a ton of athletes and more depth than we can imagine, but we're a better team and our lone stars are better.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Problem is that never happens. In JV all the veterans come back, but in Senior they all have different excuses and a lot of great players don't come back. I really hope the same doesn't happen for me, I enjoy the OVFL and when I can't play I'll definitely volunteer to coach. Man, I'd be a sick coach :)

Our game against Sauga is Saturday at 2. Not to sound cocky or anything but I don't think they stand a chance. #35 is still injured and they barely beat Cumberland & Etobicoke, two teams we murdered. Barring any Brampton-like collapse, we should face our only real test in the final if London is there. They have a ton of athletes and more depth than we can imagine, but we're a better team and our lone stars are better.
      Really? I never knew that #35 was injured. But still. Mississauga will probably get killed by you guys. I dont give them much of a chance. I hope I can make it down to your game. Im gonna try.

I think Brampton has the athletes to go all the way. All I can say is see above! lol. But really, they seem a little more focused and could very well see you guys in a few weeks.

I would love to coach. I want to start coacing at my HS this year. I cant wait to start it up. Hell, even if I cant play OV next year I want to come back and help coach the defense or anything. I just need to be round the game all the time.

Comment

Really? I never knew that #35 was injured. But still. Mississauga will probably get killed by you guys. I dont give them much of a chance. I hope I can make it down to your game. Im gonna try.

I think Brampton has the athletes to go all the way. All I can say is see above! lol. But really, they seem a little more focused and could very well see you guys in a few weeks.

I would love to coach. I want to start coacing at my HS this year. I cant wait to start it up. Hell, even if I cant play OV next year I want to come back and help coach the defense or anything. I just need to be round the game all the time.
        Brampton has a huge feeder program. You could coach at any level.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Brampton has a huge feeder program. You could coach at any level.
          O yea for sure. They go from like age 5 right up to Sr. OVFL. But to be honest I need to coach competitve level. Players who I can relate to and get riled up. I like to feel the emotion and sometimes set it. With little kids you cant really get that.

Comment

My team just lost such a close game to Mississauga, should have won too. Up 25-14 at half, we basically choked in the 2nd half, bad quaterbacking and decisions led to a 31-25 loss, which includes 2 missed XP's and a missed 2-point conversion. There's always next year at least.

Comment

You didn't exactly murder us, we had never faced an offense like that and didn't know how to adjust until the 2nd half. Even then, it was too late. Our starting quarterback was still injured at the time and even our star RB missed a bit of the game, you did beat us, but I wouldn't call it a murder. Any other day I think it would have been closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                You didn't exactly murder us, we had never faced an offense like that and didn't know how to adjust until the 2nd half. Even then, it was too late. Our starting quarterback was still injured at the time and even our star RB missed a bit of the game, you did beat us, but I wouldn't call it a murder. Any other day I think it would have been closer.
                haha so basically they murdered you, given the situation.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                  Our offense was still getting in its groove, and Jamall wasn't our full time WB yet. We could make excuses too. The fact is that your D couldn't stop us and your offensive coaching was very poor; 21 never got the ball and your passing game sucked.

I really thought you would beat Mississauga. They play with no heart and don't use their playmakers well at all. 91 is overrated and 35 is injured. Their QB is quick, that's it. Most of our team was at the game but I didn't make it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

O yea for sure. They go from like age 5 right up to Sr. OVFL. But to be honest I need to coach competitve level. Players who I can relate to and get riled up. I like to feel the emotion and sometimes set it. With little kids you cant really get that.
                    I wanna coach JV. I don't have the patience for Peewees and the Seniors won't listen to a Coach that's not over 25.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• etk!!! What happened man!!!! 42-37!!! Geez, please tell me they didnt run all game becuse I know you guys are better than to let Blair Smith pass on you guys. HOLY! Not the toutcome I was expecting. Fill me in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                        etk!!! What happened man!!!! 42-37!!! Geez, please tell me they didnt run all game becuse I know you guys are better than to let Blair Smith pass on you guys. HOLY! Not the toutcome I was expecting. Fill me in.
                        Yes, they ran all game. Blair Smith played wideout and had a couple TDs even though he's garbage. #1 played QB and had a big run too. We had momentum and we were about to take the lead but Defour ran over our strong safety on 3rd down to win the game with a big run. I switched from halfback to free safety because of injuries and guys missing and this other kid had his first start playing SS. Let's just say it opened his eyes up a little bit, cuz he got trucked all game. Our D played like **** outside of maybe 5 players and we were undisciplined as a team, kinda like you guys in your loss. The refs were garbage though. I'm disappointed but I'm not upset cuz I did my job and I still have lots more football to look forward too.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Yes, they ran all game. Blair Smith played wideout and had a couple TDs even though he's garbage. #1 played QB and had a big run too. We had momentum and we were about to take the lead but Defour ran over our strong safety on 3rd down to win the game with a big run. I switched from halfback to free safety because of injuries and guys missing and this other kid had his first start playing SS. Let's just say it opened his eyes up a little bit, cuz he got trucked all game. Our D played like **** outside of maybe 5 players and we were undisciplined as a team, kinda like you guys in your loss. The refs were garbage though. I'm disappointed but I'm not upset cuz I did my job and I still have lots more football to look forward too.
                          Thats true. You did what you could do and left it on the field. Thats all you can do. I did the same for my team. Your right, you got plenty of football of left, better years. If its one thing Im gonna complain about this year its the refs. No excuses, but it was noticeably bad this year. We actaully had a ref come up and tell our coach that we were the most hated team in the league and that we were going to get calls against us. Couldnt believe he said that. I wouldve decked im if I heard that,

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information