MLB Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Hall of Fame

I'm a huge baseball fan and in light of this year's upcoming hall of fame vote, I just thought it'd be interesting to debate who, out of the active players in the league, everyone thinks will eventually be inducted into Cooperstown. So I was thinking we'd have someone post a name of a current player and then the next poster decides "in" or "out" and then follows it up with of name of their own.

Ok I'll start it off: Curt Schilling

IP: 3110 Wins: 207 Losses: 138 SO: 3015 ERA: 3.44

I love Schilling, he's my favorite player in the the league right now, and I think he is in. I think he bumped himself in with the bloody sock.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
      I love Schilling, he's my favorite player in the the league right now, and I think he is in. I think he bumped himself in with the bloody sock.
      Yeah, that memorable performance will make it hard to keep him out.
      SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

How about Mike Mussina. Look at his numbers. I think he is in if he can play close to what he did last year these next two years. A World Series might lock it.

Comment

What about good 'ol Chipper Jones?

357 HRs, 1197 RBIs, 1944 Hits, and a .304 career BA.
          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Ok then so far Schilling "In" (I don't know I'm torn on him but moving on)

Next

Mussina "in" or "out" then post a new player after you decide

Comment

Chipper out right now with a few more seasons in....Jeff Bagwell??

Comment

Originally posted by BleedEaglesGreen218

Next

Well Schilling is in with IP: 3110 Wins: 207 Losses: 138 SO: 3015 ERA: 3.44.

Mussina is IP: 3210.1 Wins: 239 Losses: 134 SO: 2572 ERA: 3.63 and Whip: 1.18. Did it all in the AL too. I think he needs a WS win and he is in.

Comment

I dont think Mussina ever got a 20 win season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10

Next

Mussina is IP: 3210.1 Wins: 239 Losses: 134 SO: 2572 ERA: 3.63 and Whip: 1.18. Did it all in the AL too. I think he needs a WS win and he is in.
                    Truthfully, I don't think either of them have the numbers or awards for that matter, no Cy Youngs between them, but Schilling does have 2001 World Series MVP and 1993 NLCS MVP. Its a push with Schilling but I"m not too confident about Mussina.

Comment

Next

Truthfully, I don't think either of them have the numbers or awards for that matter, no Cy Youngs between them, but Schilling does have 2001 World Series MVP and 1993 NLCS MVP. Its a push with Schilling but I"m not too confident about Mussina.
                      I can understand that and the 20 win argument. Although Mike has gotten 19 a few times and 18 a few times as well. Its just rare you see pitcher spend his whole career in the AL and put up numbers like he has for so long. As far as the hardware, you are right he doesn't have any except for gold gloves. Thats why I think he needs the WS to get in.

Comment

Bagwell "in", 4 time all-star, NL MVP 1994, ROY 1991, 1994 Gold Glove
                        BA: .297 HR: 449 RBI: 1529

Frank Thomas (DH)

Comment

Bagwell "in", 4 time all-star, NL MVP 1994, ROY 1991, 1994 Gold Glove
                          BA: .297 HR: 449 RBI: 1529

Frank Thomas (DH)
                          The Big Hurt is in.

Craig Biggio.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

How about Mike Mussina. Look at his numbers. I think he is in if he can play close to what he did last year these next two years. A World Series might lock it.
                            im a red sox fan and even i think mussina deserves to go in.

Comment

Originally posted by alca1992
                              im a red sox fan and even i think mussina deserves to go in.
                              The Hall of Fame doors are becoming "too wide". Not everyone that had a good career should get in. The HOF should be for the elite.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information