Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, I've had fun playing with the gaming conventions like the Psych game with arrests vs. dead people and then the King game but I still haven't really created a role.

I was also the first person to do the scavenger hunt thing, although I'm pretty sure most people HATE that so idk if I should really take credit for it haha

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      Doppleganger? Wtf you thief, I made that for my beta game.

Doppleganger: During the action phase, you may choose a player to watch and mimic. If they perform an action, you will know, and you'll know who they targeted. In addition, if they possess an ability, you will be able to mimic that ability. Each phase thereafter, you retain your watch on this person, as well as their ability, until you choose to target someone else or your current target dies. You may not target a teammate with this ability.
      Wait... it wasn't the doppelganger it was Ginyu that was different.

"You possess the ability to steal any players role that targets you at night. You retain this power until another person targets you. Along with that you have the ability to use choose a specific player and steal their role."

Comment

• I find the Shield as a great means of balancing. It keeps cops and trackers from simply making a good guess Night 1 and taking down the mafia right away.

I've also been very keen lately (not counting the arena battle games obviously) at having a LOT of townies. It made my Zombie game one of the most balanced I've seen (All 3 sides had a chance to still win in the final two days, and two of the side still could have won on the final day.) My Batman game I thought was pretty good in that regard too. Cigaro and Bantx almost wrecked the town's chances by being really suspicious for half the game. Luckily, Shane (who was only there because of a triggered protector) kept them in line long enough to win.

Comment

• I'd be really interested to find out what you guys (who run/mod most of these games) think about these roles I made up. Maybe we can hang out in a zippychat later today or something and theorycraft a bit about them.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• We need a better name for The Shield.

But it is the best role any of us have come up with.

Comment

• I originally called it "Spellshield" but I wasn't sure if I liked the sound of that. Shield seems ok to me though.

Comment

• I've got another 20 minutes at work if you want me to look them over. But then I'm going home and have a lot to do. I'm also taking a break from actually playing games...maybe permanently...after Sesame street. Like I was telling Cain, playing in the games brings out the worst in me. So I don't think I'd be playing in your game to give anything away.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I find the Shield as a great means of balancing. It keeps cops and trackers from simply making a good guess Night 1 and taking down the mafia right away.

I've also been very keen lately (not counting the arena battle games obviously) at having a LOT of townies. It made my Zombie game one of the most balanced I've seen (All 3 sides had a chance to still win in the final two days, and two of the side still could have won on the final day.) My Batman game I thought was pretty good in that regard too. Cigaro and Bantx almost wrecked the town's chances by being really suspicious for half the game. Luckily, Shane (who was only there because of a triggered protector) kept them in line long enough to win.
                  Does the shield protect the mafia from anyone targeting them, not just kills?

But its cool vidae, just ignore me.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post

In the beginning I made it so it would not protect killing blows, as I thought that was more of a bodyguard/protector role. It was used just for actions.

I'm not sure how BB has used it, but I suppose it could block kills too. You could make a case for that.

And ignore you about what? Did I miss a post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigaro View Post

Depends. If I feel it should stop kills, I'll do it. I have in all of my instances of it so far. Under different circumstances, I might make it unable to block kills. Not sure.

Comment

• I don't know who we are waiting on on the SS game but **** off! :(

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                          I'd be really interested to find out what you guys (who run/mod most of these games) think about these roles I made up. Maybe we can hang out in a zippychat later today or something and theorycraft a bit about them.
                          Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I've got another 20 minutes at work if you want me to look them over. But then I'm going home and have a lot to do. I'm also taking a break from actually playing games...maybe permanently...after Sesame street. Like I was telling Cain, playing in the games brings out the worst in me. So I don't think I'd be playing in your game to give anything away.
                          Yeah if you want shoot me a link to a chat I got some time to check them out too.

Comment

• BB, today isn't great for me. I'm about to head out. How about sometime tomorrow? If you're really taking a long hiatus from playing you're the perfect person to look them over.

Comment

• Well ****, if you're both good with it I'll make a chat now. Give me a second.

Grizz, you're more than welcome to join us here too.

Comment

• If any games start up soon send me a pm! I'd like to partake.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information