Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many people are good at this game now, also the huge number of powers make it a lot easier for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      Too many people are good at this game now.
      You can see a clear progression in a lot of us since that game.

Comment

The ratio of evil to good should be more generous towards evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
          The ratio of evil to good should be more generous to evil.
          I think there needs to be less night action. Only problem with changing the ratios, is you risk an early mafia victory if things go bad the first two/three days.

Comment

The ratio of evil to good should be more generous towards evil.
            that would just mean one bad lynch can lose the game

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
              that would just mean one bad lynch can lose the game
              no not more evil than good, i mean the current ratio should be slightly increased at the evil side, if you get what i mean.

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
              I think there needs to be less night action. Only problem with changing the ratios, is you risk an early mafia victory if things go bad the first two/three days.
              And this as well. But the HP game had something like 40 players and i think only 7 were evil. It would of been better if it was like 10-12.
              Last edited by SuperPacker; 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

no not more evil than good, i mean the current ratio should be slightly increased at the evil side, if you get what i mean.

And this as well. But the HP game had something like 40 players and i think only 7 were evil. It would of been better if it was like 10-12.
                yes. if we had more evil than good, that would just mean the town loses instantly.

If you raise the ratio, say 12-8, two bad lynches can mean the mafia wins.

Comment

Yeah you have to think that in a 40 person game with 10 mafia and possibly 2 SK and any Vigilantes can mean 4 deaths a night. That is far too many.

Comment

Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                    Yeah you have to think that in a 40 person game with 10 mafia and possibly 2 SK and any Vigilantes can mean 4 deaths a night. That is far too many.
                    So say there's 12 neutral/evil and 28 good. It would still take a lot of luck for the evil to win. Even if 4 good people are killed every night (very unlikely), the good would still hold the majority after 4 nights. Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

So say there's 12 neutral/evil and 28 good. It would still take a lot of luck for the evil to win. Even if 4 good people are killed every night (very unlikely), the good would still hold the majority after 4 nights. Correct me if im wrong.
                      How is that very unlikely? They have a 70% chance to hit a townie, not to mention the Mafia typically has framers, role blocks, can talk to each other and the Godfather cannot be killed at night.

Not to mention you pair that with the lynches. It could be 5 people dead a day.

Comment

Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                        How is that very unlikely? They have a 70% chance to hit a townie, not to mention the Mafia typically has framers, role blocks, can talk to each other and the Godfather cannot be killed at night.

Not to mention you pair that with the lynches. It could be 5 people dead a day.
                        I dunno, look at the previous mafia games on here. Generally 3-5 mafia people have been killed by the end of the 4th night.

Comment

Going off of mafia boards, 3:1 in favor of town is the norm, with bigger games even going to 4:1 in favor of town. Potter was 25 Town, 9 Mafia, 4 Neutral (with 2 of those neutral having the ability to be recruited by the mafia). If anything, Potter was mafia-favored in terms of numbers. There were absolutely problems with how Potter was constructed, but numbers had nothing to do with it.

And 4 deaths per night isnt too many. Not in a big game like that. Besides, it wasnt 4, it was 3. Standard mafia kill, Serial Killer kill, and Vigilante kill. And thats the normal setup for 25 player games.
                          Last edited by comahan; 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post
                            Going off of mafia boards
                            So you're saying we all suck? :P

Aww, you edited it. haha

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Most of us are pretty awful at the game though, yea :P

(me included)

Comment

The Harry Potter one was lots of fun. I know many people weren't a fan of the size of that one, but I really enjoyed following along with it (and I died night two).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information