This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
    What is Dragonball Kai? A cleaned up version of Drangonball Z?
    Yeah, they took out a lot of the filler parts and condensed everything into half the time.

They also redid some of the voices which I'm iffy on.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Yeah, they took out a lot of the filler parts and condensed everything into half the time.

They also redid some of the voices which I'm iffy on.
      So they dont spend whole episodes on powering up in that? I don't like the idea of voice changes, but I watched all of the movies in Japanese except for the dead zone so it shouldn't really be much of an issue.
      "God can have his soul, but his ass belongs to me."
      -Terrell Suggs on Ben Roethisberger

Comment

Originally posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
        So they dont spend whole episodes on powering up in that? I don't like the idea of voice changes, but I watched all of the movies in Japanese except for the dead zone so it shouldn't really be much of an issue.
        Yeah, they do less of the long power up sequences and they also removed filler arcs that didn't appear in the original manga. (Gohan's wilderness training is cut down by like 3/4 iirc for example.)

Whenever they make an anime out of a still ongoing manga, they usually need to add filler in order to avoid getting ahead of the manga. A fight that might take an entire comic book to show might only take 10 minutes on TV, so they need to pad the **** out of it. DBZ is a particularly bad offender.

Kai basically cuts a lot of that down. When I bought the DVDs, I could have gone with Kai instead, but went with the original Funmation English dub.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information