Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Will Vince Young ever rush for 1,000? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064)

Titansfan #53 12-11-2006 09:38 PM

Will Vince Young ever rush for 1,000?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/424340

Will he ever rush for 1,000 yards in a season?

sweetness34 12-11-2006 09:38 PM

Yes.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 12-11-2006 09:39 PM

probly not, but wouldnt be surprised.

njx9 12-11-2006 09:44 PM

i doubt it. no knock on vince, but i see him ending up more like mcnair, where the running complements the passing game a bit more. i try not to underewstimate his ability to surprise me, but i have a tough time seeing it. i mean, 500 yards in 10ish games is still a far cry from 1000.

Titansfan #53 12-11-2006 09:46 PM

I think he will hit the high 800s at the most, I dont see him running as much in 2-3 years so he will probably have to do it next year.

The Unseen 12-11-2006 09:47 PM

Not rly

sweetness34 12-11-2006 09:48 PM

Damn I'm the minority poster. :cry:

duckseason 12-11-2006 09:50 PM

No. Vick didn't even do it until this year. Young is nowhere near the runner that Vick is. Also, he probably won't get the same opportunity. His attempts per season will probably gradually decrease over the course of his career. I think they're gonna make a hell of a QB out of him though. I think he'll average around 500-700 yards a season with a few 800 yard seasons sprinkled in there. If he ever does rush for a thousand, it'll be a sign that he didn't develop as a passer. Titans fans should hope that he never has to run that much.

Shiver 12-11-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckseason
No. Vick didn't even do it until this year. Young is nowhere near the runner that Vick is. Also, he probably won't get the same opportunity. His attempts per season will probably gradually decrease over the course of his career. I think they're gonna make a hell of a QB out of him though. I think he'll average around 500-700 yards a season with a few 800 yard seasons sprinkled in there. If he ever does rush for a thousand, it'll be a sign that he didn't develop as a passer. Titans fans should hope that he never has to run that much.

Or that the Titans never gave him a reliable security blanket for him to be comfortable as a passer.

jkpigskin 12-11-2006 10:00 PM

young is the type of player who is great at running when a play breaks down... he is not the type to run crazy... i dont expect him to reach 1000

duckseason 12-11-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Or that the Titans never gave him a reliable security blanket for him to be comfortable as a passer.

I feel your pain.
Early in the season, I thought Tennessee had a great shot at bringing in Calvin Johnson. I really wanted to see that happen. Seems like a perfect fit. But yeah, hopefully Tennessee does a better job with their freakish QB. I'm sure they learned a few things from the mishandling of Vick's talents.

smittyjs 12-11-2006 10:12 PM

If he runs for 1,000 yards, if woun't be pretty for us :(

zoinks 12-11-2006 11:12 PM

In his first few appearances, Young did very little running...and when he did run, he didn't look very comfortable in doing so.

A few weeks ago, Jeff Fisher told him, "Hey, don't worry about it...if you see something open up, take off. Do what you do."

In the five games since then, Young has rushed for 320 yards...64 yards per game, with each game higher than the last.

rushing: 65 yards x 16 games = 1040 yards
passing: 200 yards x 16 games = 3200 yards

He has a realistic chance to be the first 3000/1000 player in league history.

Don't think it couldn't happen....he's been doing it for the last few weeks, and he's still learning.

However, if it doesn't happen next year, I don't think it will ever happen. As he become more and more proficient as a passer, he'll rely less and less on his legs.

cunningham06 12-11-2006 11:20 PM

Vince is looking like Randall Cunningham this season, and that is the path I expect his career to follow. He will probably turn into a great pocket passer and rely on his legs a bit less. He's in the mold of Cunningham tall, lanky, and elusive.

d34ng3l021 12-11-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoinks
In his first few appearances, Young did very little running...and when he did run, he didn't look very comfortable in doing so.

A few weeks ago, Jeff Fisher told him, "Hey, don't worry about it...if you see something open up, take off. Do what you do."

In the five games since then, Young has rushed for 320 yards...64 yards per game, with each game higher than the last.

rushing: 65 yards x 16 games = 1040 yards
passing: 200 yards x 16 games = 3200 yards

He has a realistic chance to be the first 3000/1000 player in league history.

Don't think it couldn't happen....he's been doing it for the last few weeks, and he's still learning.

However, if it doesn't happen next year, I don't think it will ever happen. As he become more and more proficient as a passer, he'll rely less and less on his legs.

Basing it off 5 games of his 12 game career? Damn. Pretty bold.

doingthisinsteadofwork 12-11-2006 11:49 PM

Vince wont.

2drama 12-11-2006 11:53 PM

nope V.Y is not Mike Vick

he will prob at most average 400 to 700 yard per year rushing

he is not as fast as vick but still fast in the open field and can follow his blocks (it nice watching him use his blocks)

yourfavestoner 12-12-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I feel your pain.
Early in the season, I thought Tennessee had a great shot at bringing in Calvin Johnson. I really wanted to see that happen. Seems like a perfect fit. But yeah, hopefully Tennessee does a better job with their freakish QB. I'm sure they learned a few things from the mishandling of Vick's talents.

Hmm...maybe Dwayne Jarrett to Tennessee in the middle of round one? He's already got a connection to them with Norm Chow.

cunningham06 12-12-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I feel your pain.

Hmm...maybe Dwayne Jarrett to Tennessee in the middle of round one? He's already got a connection to them with Norm Chow.

An odd pairup, I'm sure those too would be akward first meeting
Vince: "So how about that time I beat you guys in the Rose Bowl?"
Dwayne: "yea well.... shutup."

yourfavestoner 12-12-2006 12:42 AM

I'm sure it's already been happening with Vince and Lendale. :lol: Although, I do remember Lendale making comments after the Rose Bowl that Texas had the better quarterback on the field.

d34ng3l021 12-12-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

I'm sure it's already been happening with Vince and Lendale. :lol: Although, I do remember Lendale making comments after the Rose Bowl that Texas had the better quarterback on the field.

Thats quite douchey of Lendale.

soybean 12-12-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

:shock:

Shiver 12-12-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I feel your pain.

I think the franchise is haunted by the decision made by Blank to turn down Owens and Moss when they had the chance. Both very much wanted to play with Michael Vick. Hopefully the Titans get Young a go to receiver. Great passing play doesn't exist without top tier receivers.

Xonraider 12-12-2006 01:27 AM

He's going to be developing into more and more of a passer. VY looks down the field as much as he can, Vick just runs after short time.

d34ng3l021 12-12-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xonraider
He's going to be developing into more and more of a passer. VY looks down the field as much as he can, Vick just runs after short time.

Cause after a short time, he has no time to look downfield.