Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unfair Advantage? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1067)

cunningham06 12-12-2006 04:17 PM

Unfair Advantage?

Before the Patriots Dolphins game, the Dolphins got game film on Brady with audio so they could study voice inflection and work on anticipating snap count. Other teams haven't been doing it this season, and some consider it cheating. Is it an unfair advantage?

Personally I don't think it is kudos to the Dolphins for thinking to do that, it was obviously effective.

doingthisinsteadofwork 12-12-2006 04:19 PM

If its available for other teams to get access to then its definetely allowed and should not be critisized.

Paul 12-12-2006 04:29 PM

I don't thinks it illegal, but theres something definitely shady about it. I just picture Saban in a back alley slipping a guy ,in a hat and trench coat, some dolphins tickets for the tapes.

cunningham06 12-12-2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul
I don't thinks it illegal, but theres something definitely shady about it. I just picture Saban in a back alley slipping a guy ,in a hat and trench coat, some dolphins tickets for the tapes.

Sabans definitely got a game film dealer.

SFbear 12-12-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul

"You got the stuff." :lol:

Smooth Criminal 12-12-2006 04:57 PM

I don't think its cheating any more than watching film is.

All the people that say it is cheating should really be asking themselves why they didn't think of it.

TitleTown088 12-12-2006 05:04 PM

Well it may not be illegal, but the manner in which the information was obtained was... Elian gonzales was brought out of hiding in cuba to secretly record the audio of brady.
After returning to miami a parade was held and he decided to stay in America for good.

Kurve 12-12-2006 05:04 PM

NFL is a business so coachs and players careers depend on the way they do there job. As a coach you do all you can to get the advantage over your opponent so getting tape of the other team and study there habit is just part of the game. Its definatly not cheating, if there was a way to see all the cards from the other team anybody would do it , in a legal way. Why do you think teams sign players who have been cut from rival division teams?? to get a upper hand on them is it fair? absolutely its way things work.

Paul 12-12-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Well it may not be illegal, but the manner in which the information was obtained was... Elian gonzales was brought out of hiding in cuba to secretly record the audio of brady.
After returning to miami a parade was held and he decided to stay in America for good.

And the plot thickens.

Boston 12-12-2006 05:13 PM

Why would it be considered cheating? If that's considered cheating, than scouting, game film, etc. should all be considered "cheating." It's not like previous games are classified or anything. :roll:

Moses 12-12-2006 05:19 PM

How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.

TitleTown088 12-12-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses
How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.

probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.

12-12-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

I really dont see how someone can do this, every play is a random snap count. Unless the team is stupid.

Moses 12-12-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.

So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.

TitleTown088 12-12-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.

it's the best explaination i can come up with. :|

draftguru151 12-12-2006 05:45 PM

They said the listened so they knew the pass protections and such. Like whatever Brady calls at the line Miami knows. In no way is this cheating, if it were the Dolphins would get in trouble, it is just a good job by Saban.

San Diego Chicken 12-12-2006 05:48 PM

I believe what the Dolphins studied were Brady's actual protection assignments that he calls out after surveying the defense.

VoteLynnSwan 12-12-2006 05:53 PM

i voted yes... but i meant no...

cunningham06 12-12-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sure there are different snap counts but they were probably in addition to studying protection assignments was any unintentional tendencies that Brady may have while hiking the ball to see if they could use it to their advantage.

GB12 12-12-2006 06:10 PM

I dont get why Salisbury keeps arguing that it's cheating on sports center. He even compared it to steroid use and isnt making any sense. Sometimes I wonder why some of these guys still have jobs.

cgrsly57 12-12-2006 06:14 PM

This isnt cheating at all. If it really happend and its the reason why the dolphins won then its New Englands fault for not mixing up thier audibles. Dont all teams use fake audibles on every other play anyway? I know my highschool team did and I just assumed everybody did.

njx9 12-12-2006 07:54 PM

someone quote me where in the rule book it says that this (or anything similar) is against the rules. until then, there's absolutely no way you can make the argument that it is.

Star Wideout 12-12-2006 08:40 PM

Good for them. Hopefully this will teach coaches to change up their pass protection calls...before each game. If they don't already do that.

Xonraider 12-12-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More like line slides, or blocking schemes. Maybe Brady calls ''x'' player is blitzing, so tackle or guard pick him up. The player infront of him will know he's blitzing

jkpigskin 12-12-2006 08:50 PM

the patriots just got their butt kicked... end of story.... sure maybe this voice thingy helped the miami D, but their D was man handling so badly that i dont think some voice thing would have made that much of a difference