Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL 2006 Offensive Rookie of the Year (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152)

coolrider8193 12-27-2006 12:50 AM

NFL 2006 Offensive Rookie of the Year
 
Who do you think will win the NFL 2006 offensive Rookie of the Year?

Please provide your reason for voting for a particular player.

Tubby 12-27-2006 01:15 AM

Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras

NickBam 12-27-2006 01:20 AM

Merrill Hoge had a hard on for Reggie Bush for OROY today. I'm going with Vince Young though. If Kerry Collins was still the QB, how many games do the Titans win? 3, maybe?

njx9 12-27-2006 01:35 AM

interesting that you're back.

bearsfan_51 12-27-2006 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubby
Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras

That's true except you're completely wrong. Do you even follow the media? It's either going to be Young or Bush. Devin Hester has a better chance of winning than MJD or Colston, like it or not.

zoinks 12-27-2006 01:44 AM

Vince Young.

Simply put, he's the best player on the field every time he's out there.

And he's only getting better.

smittyjs 12-27-2006 01:56 AM

VYisaGod

The Dynasty 12-27-2006 02:00 AM

Vince Young

Tubby 12-27-2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubby
Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras

That's true except you're completely wrong. Do you even follow the media? It's either going to be Young or Bush. Devin Hester has a better chance of winning than MJD or Colston, like it or not.

Bush has a chance? I was under the impression that one good game wasnt enough to win OROY

njx9 12-27-2006 02:19 AM

but mass media attention is (ignoring his reception numbers)

d34ng3l021 12-27-2006 02:49 AM

What happened to Keak? He would be all over Drew right now.

yourfavestoner 12-27-2006 02:53 AM

Drew has 15 touchdowns, which is third in the entire league. However, he plays for a small market team which has little shot at making the playoffs.

I wouldn't complain at all if Young won it. Bush, on the other hand...

OzTitan 12-27-2006 09:31 AM

It will be interesting, because I see it as stats vs impact. Not saying Jones-Drew and Colston haven't made huge impacts, but VY's impact on the Titans as a whole is uncanny for a rookie. The fact he hasn't had stellar stats (even though the last 6 games have been good - 87 QB rating average) almost works in his favour in a way - he is that vital for the Titans and yet is still clearly learning weekly on the fly. There is no way any realistic option at QB for the Titans this season would have been this clutch when needed.

If there was a MVP award for a rookie he'd deserve that for sure, but the actual OROY award being his will depend on how they view his impact vs other's stats. I must say, they can't go wrong either way, great year for rookies. Although I think Bush getting it would be a little rotten.

duckseason 12-27-2006 09:49 AM

I'd give it to Drew. VY is steadily improving and I think he'll be good, but I have to say that he is getting a tad too much credit for the titans turnaround. They have had an amazing season, but sometimes they are winning despite Young's play. He has shown a flair for the dramatic, but what if they were never in the position to lose in the first place? Overall, he really hasn't played all that well. And I don't intend to come across as saying that VY sucks, because I believe the exact opposite. I think he will be a good QB. He has had a good rookie season. But I think guys like Drew and Colston and McNeill have had outstanding seasons. Granted, QB is the toughest position to play, I just don't think VY has played well enough throughout the season to outshine some of his counterparts. JMO. I think he'll probably take home the hardware though.

keylime_5 12-27-2006 10:27 AM

You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman (arguably of course). But yeah, it's either Young, Drew, or Colston.

Jughead10 12-27-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5
You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman (arguably of course). But yeah, it's either Young, Drew, or Colston.

I'm not sure Nick Mangold is the best rookie Olineman. Very good, but coming from a team with no rushing game. McNeill on the other hand has anchored the LT spot for a RB that just brok the all time TD record and leagues the lead in rushing.

Gribble 12-27-2006 10:32 AM

Vince Young wins football games.

Beans 12-27-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5
You should've put Nick Mangold on that list - he's the best rookie OLineman

Marcus McNeil

coolrider8193 12-27-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
interesting that you're back.

I know you would miss me. But any way it's good to back in the forum.

12-27-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrider8193
Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
interesting that you're back.

I know you would miss me. But any way it's good to back in the forum.

Cartman? :?

OzTitan 12-27-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckseason
I'd give it to Drew. VY is steadily improving and I think he'll be good, but I have to say that he is getting a tad too much credit for the titans turnaround. They have had an amazing season, but sometimes they are winning despite Young's play. He has shown a flair for the dramatic, but what if they were never in the position to lose in the first place? Overall, he really hasn't played all that well. And I don't intend to come across as saying that VY sucks, because I believe the exact opposite. I think he will be a good QB. He has had a good rookie season. But I think guys like Drew and Colston and McNeill have had outstanding seasons. Granted, QB is the toughest position to play, I just don't think VY has played well enough throughout the season to outshine some of his counterparts. JMO. I think he'll probably take home the hardware though.

The only game I recall them winning despite VY's play was against the Eagles and Jags (but the Jags game was hardly a fair to say that since he hardly had the ball and the entire offense was similarly a non factor). Otherwise he has been key on many occasions to important scoring drives, and sometimes game winning drives. And i'm not sure if you meant VY is responsible for the Titans being in a position to lose in the first place, but he certainly has not - that goes to the D on a lot of occasions. As I said, I don't see any realistic choice at QB this season that could have come close to doing what VY has done. Even when he isn't winning games on scrambles or late crucial drives, his leadership and personality has helped turn the entire team around. Numerous Titans players said when they saw VY get up fired up after the late hit against the Giants, it sparked the whole team for that amazing comeback. He's the most important single player on the Titans right now maybe outside of Pacman and Mawae.

njx9 12-27-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolrider8193
Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
interesting that you're back.

I know you would miss me. But any way it's good to back in the forum.

"miss" is an interesting choice of words.

cards: not cartman he was actually CoolRider before.

draftguru151 12-27-2006 11:34 AM

I wish Cutler would have started more this year because he would have easily gotten it.

12-27-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
I wish Cutler would have started more this year because he would have easily gotten it.

If he continued at his curent pace.

NYmoney 12-27-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubby
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubby
Everybody knows its only between Young, Drew, and Colston so dont add all the extras

That's true except you're completely wrong. Do you even follow the media? It's either going to be Young or Bush. Devin Hester has a better chance of winning than MJD or Colston, like it or not.

Bush has a chance? I was under the impression that one good game wasnt enough to win OROY

one good game is not enough to win OROY, but bush has had more than just one good game. he's been very solid over the last 8 or so. plus, he will get some "feel good Saints" votes. nonetheless, because vy touches the ball so much and wins, he's your OROY.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.