Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Is it Joey Harrington's Fault he sucks? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174)

Donno 12-31-2006 08:59 PM

Is it Joey Harrington's Fault he sucks?
 
Or was it Detroit's fault?

TCU 12-31-2006 09:00 PM

Re: Is it Joey Harrington's Fault he sucks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donno
Or was it Detroit's fault?

i think credit to his poor play can be put on both sides, he was in a terrible system in Detriot and you always have yourself to blame.

4pAc 12-31-2006 09:00 PM

No, Millen screwed him up.
And yes.

jkpigskin 12-31-2006 09:01 PM

he still isnt that great, but detroit made him look worse than he acually was...

draftguru151 12-31-2006 09:03 PM

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.

Bucky 12-31-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

jkpigskin 12-31-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

i guess its the same logic that made mike williams and charles rogers suck so badly

draftguru151 12-31-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

They ruined his confidence. They put him in an offense that didn't fit him and gave him nothing to work with. They scarred his confidence and ruined everything about him mechanically. He sure didn't have that "look a way" throw at Oregon.

Bucky 12-31-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpigskin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

i guess its the same logic that made mike williams and charles rogers suck so badly

You're right....The Lions made Charles Rogers break his collar bone in back to back years...Mike Williams is in his second year!!!!!!

Bucky 12-31-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

They ruined his confidence. They put him in an offense that didn't fit him and gave him nothing to work with. They scarred his confidence and ruined everything about him mechanically. He sure didn't have that "look a way" throw at Oregon.

He's a grown man i don't think his confidence can be ruined as easily as you say. There is a big diffence from college to the pros, a lot of players look good in college and then don't pan out in the pros.

Answer me this...Did the Browns ruin Tim Couch? How about the Bengals runing Akili Smith? What about the Chargers ruining Ryan Leaf? Some players just aren't cut out for the NFL.

ncbigbody 12-31-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

They ruined his confidence. They put him in an offense that didn't fit him and gave him nothing to work with. They scarred his confidence and ruined everything about him mechanically. He sure didn't have that "look a way" throw at Oregon.

He's a grown man i don't think his confidence can be ruined as easily as you say. There is a big diffence from college to the pros, a lot of players look good in college and then don't pan out in the pros.

Answer me this...Did the Browns ruin Tim Couch? How about the Bengals runing Akili Smith? What about the Chargers ruining Ryan Leaf? Some players just aren't cut out for the NFL.

Charles Rogers was a bust from the get go, broken collerbone or not, he still sucked. There was no way Harrington could be a solid qb in that offense, with the talent they had, or lack thereof.

SeanTaylorRIP 12-31-2006 10:30 PM

Cleo Lemon is a monster.

Brodeur 12-31-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

Ask Mooch. He completely obliterated Harrington's confidence and never had any faith in him, which was a huge mistake.

sdpads24 12-31-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Cleo Lemon is a monster.

Lemon should get the oppertunity to start next year

12-31-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Cleo Lemon is a monster.

Or the Colts defense sucks. And had zero tape on Lemon.

bearsfan_51 12-31-2006 11:16 PM

Actually yes, the Browns did ruin Tim Couch. There's no question of that in my mind.

BlindSite 12-31-2006 11:53 PM

Harrington never had an offensive line in Detroit.

He never had decent coaching because mooch never liked him.

He only ever had Williams and Pollard.

He's never had a running game.

The year he did have a running game he still didn't have an offensive line or any targets.

He goes to Miami, the receivers are pathetic, he's in a new offense, the protection still sucks, his running game, is solid, but not what it could or should be. He's thrown in as the starter with no chemistry due to the fact that culpepper was sarting and took all the reps with the first team.

Harrington has got a lot of potential he just needs to go to the right place imo.

draftguru151 01-01-2007 12:15 AM

Our OL is actually pretty good at pass blocking, Joey was sacked like 15 times in 11 games.

detroit4life 01-01-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpigskin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

It was Detroit's fault for the most part. He isn't a stud, but he might have been if the Lions didn't make him suck like this. He is a good back up though.
How about some logic behind how the Lions make a player suck?

i guess its the same logic that made mike williams and charles rogers suck so badly

yea they got rogers hooked of weed and made BMW lazy and fat good logic right there


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.