Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   His last? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1176)

TitleTown088 01-01-2007 05:30 AM

His last?

I know it get sold asking the question, but was that the last time # 4 will play? just curious what non- packer fans think.

steelersfan43 01-01-2007 06:14 AM

I think he will retire :(

roidrunner 01-01-2007 06:41 AM

im a pack fan, and i think he is 50-50 right now. i mean he brought this team to 8-8 from 4-12 last year. the problem last year was #4 thought he didnt have "it" anymore. now he knows he can still do "it." but now he is stuck between a rock and a hard place to decide whether he wants to come back again, or hang them up and call it a career. Ending with beating his alltime rival the bears, at home.

dcrls 01-01-2007 12:31 PM

he couldnt stop crying in the interview on sunday night fb, it seemed like he's gonna retire, but who knows, he could be the julio franco of the NFL

jkpigskin 01-01-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcrls
he couldnt stop crying in the interview on sunday night fb, it seemed like he's gonna retire, but who knows, he could be the julio franco of the NFL

madden put it well last night.... he would've had dry eyes during his interview if he knew it wasnt his last

Paul 01-01-2007 12:43 PM

I hope not, The Packers and Brett was always my #2 team when it came to who I want to see win the Super Bowl. He is just a badass individual and player.

Boston 01-01-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpigskin
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcrls

madden put it well last night.... he would've had dry eyes during his interview if he knew it wasnt his last

Meh. That's kind of a fine line. As we've seen in the past, Brett probably hasn't made his decision yet. He was caught up in the emotional state of the fact that this could be his last game.

Gribble 01-01-2007 01:26 PM

Favre's gone. Romo is gonna be the new Favre. They're mirror images.

Boston 01-01-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gribble

Yeah. You wish.

Gribble 01-01-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:

Yeah. You wish.

Sometimes Romo will hold the ball too long and force deep passes and pick up fumbles in the endzone and then throw for the 1st down on 3rd and long from the 3. Take the good with the bad. Plus he has "interesting" mechanics. He also says that Favre is his idol.

Hurricane Ditka 01-01-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Does Romo's ass get bruised from all the people kissing it?

eazyb81 01-01-2007 01:47 PM

He'll be back, the team played much better this year than last. I think he sees the potential to have a good year next season and will come back for one last hurrah.

Gribble 01-01-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:

Does FAVRE'S ass get bruised from all the people kissing it?

Fixed.

ny10804 01-01-2007 01:56 PM

He can still play. This team is going to be very good next year. He'll come back.

Xiomera 01-01-2007 02:52 PM

I hope he returns. Next to Barry Sanders, Favre is my favorite player I have ever been old enough to watch. In the NFC North, the Packers could very easily be a playoff team next year.

Smooth Criminal 01-01-2007 02:54 PM

I'd love to see him back. I think this team will be better next year but only if they have him. Putting a new QB in will set this franchise back a few years from making the playoffs.

Boston 01-01-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:

Yeah. You wish.

Sometimes Romo will hold the ball too long and force deep passes and pick up fumbles in the endzone and then throw for the 1st down on 3rd and long from the 3. Take the good with the bad. Plus he has "interesting" mechanics. He also says that Favre is his idol.

Keep dreaming. All of that is probably because he's starting for his first season. :roll:

4pAc 01-01-2007 03:30 PM

Favre is my favorite NFL player of all time and only second to Michael Jordan on my list of favorite players in any sports.
I hope he doesnt retire :(

yodabear 01-01-2007 03:46 PM

Yep, I think he is gone unfourtunantly. That interview yesterday certiainantly looked like it.

cheesehead10790 01-01-2007 04:04 PM

The interview sure made it seem like his last. But I mean the interview was just minutes after an emotional last game so idk if his reaction was him just being overwhelmed. It looks about 50/50 right now but we all know how much Brett loves the game. My gut says hes coming back.

dcrls 01-01-2007 06:02 PM

cant' imagine the NFL without Brett Favre, his passion for the game is Unbelievable.

princefielder28 01-01-2007 06:06 PM

Yes Brett will retire. It's not becuase he doesn't love the game or preparation and everybody knows that. It is the fact that he has already missed one of his daughters grow up and take part in things and he doesn't want to make the same mistake twice. He will see his oldest daughter graduate this year and then he has a daughter in 3rd grade. He will become a family man and take on the roll of daddy to those who look up to him most.

Jimmy 01-01-2007 06:21 PM

he might be back, considering the reason he came back this year was because his team was getting better. they will probably be even better next year, no reason why he shouldnt come back.

70challenger457 01-01-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:

Does Romo's ass get bruised from all the people kissing it?

do we have a mad bears fan on our hands, it's alright, rex grossman didn't suck that bad, only a couple ints....

Staubach12 01-01-2007 07:10 PM

He was crying after the game. He won't be back.