Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who Wins: Giants v. Eagles (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179)

Xiomera 01-01-2007 09:28 AM

Who Wins: Giants v. Eagles

Discuss this playoff matchup . . .

Keaks Way 2 Sneaky 01-01-2007 09:28 AM

Philly 24 - 19

jkpigskin 01-01-2007 10:39 AM

i think the phillys magic run out and the giants finally put their heads on straight

Smooth Criminal 01-01-2007 01:50 PM

I'll take NY. I think they'll have a big game against rival Philly and Mannign will get his first playoff win.

dRaFtDoRk 01-01-2007 02:14 PM

With the roll that Philadelphia is currently on, it is going to be really hard for the Giants to somehow win this game. The most important players in this game are defenitly the RB's for each team. If either one of these teams want hopes of winning then either Brian Westbrook or Tiki have to do well.

I say Philadelhia over New York, 27-17

Draft King 01-01-2007 02:36 PM

Tiki Barber will roll and Eli Manning will get back on track with a big game against the Eagles. Giants find a way to finally get through that elite O-Line of the Eagles and put alot of pressure on Garcia, Philly doesn't yet have that big time reciever to step up and have a huge game. Westbrook will find himself being the only playmaker on that offense and they'll be forced to pass when they're down early.

Giants win. 23-10.

yodabear 01-01-2007 02:40 PM

Philadelphia 24
Giants 14

Go_Eagles77 01-01-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft King
Tiki Barber will roll and Eli Manning will get back on track with a big game against the Eagles. Giants find a way to finally get through that elite O-Line of the Eagles and put alot of pressure on Garcia, Philly doesn't yet have that big time reciever to step up and have a huge game. Westbrook will find himself being the only playmaker on that offense and they'll be forced to pass when they're down early.

Giants win. 23-10.

You say that after Hank Baskett puts up 177 yards on you guys? :| :lol:

Ever hear of Donte Stallworth and Reggie Brown?

Eaglez.Fan 01-01-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft King

Giants win. 23-10.

You say that after Hank Baskett puts up 177 yards on you guys? :| :lol:

Ever hear of Donte Stallworth and Reggie Brown?

Don't worry about it, he's "challenged"

Hurricane Ditka 01-01-2007 03:33 PM

I really want the Giants to win.

Jensen 01-01-2007 11:55 PM

Garcia will have another good game, 250+ yards and 2 TD's. Westbrook will also rush for over 100 yards and a TD or 2.

Eagles 34
Giants 27

TitleTown088 01-02-2007 12:11 AM

Tiki will have a big game but Eli will lose the game for the giants.

Geo 01-02-2007 12:52 AM

I would be surprised if the Eagles didn't put eight in the box to take out Tiki Barber, forcing Eli Manning to beat them.

GiantRutgersFan 01-02-2007 01:19 AM

I want to say Giants, but IDK.

I also think the Eagles will stack the box in an attempt to stop Tiki. But we have no real defense to that. Shockey is likely out, and the Giants recieving crew is very poor.

I think that if the new offensive line switches can be effective, Eli will have a good day and the Giants will win, unless the defense completely collapses, which is always possible with this crew.

I think its really up in the air how the team responds. Lets see if Gilbride can run the offense effectively.

Keys to the game are offensive playcalling, Shockeys status, Eli Manning and the defense playing adaquetely

NickBam 01-02-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
I really want the Giants to win.

QFT

Jughead10 01-02-2007 07:39 AM

I think the Giants have about a 35-40% shot of winning. It depends on Tiki. Obviously if he has a game like he did against the Redskins the Giants should win. Even though the Eagles ended up winning by 2 TDs in their last game against the Giants, the game was closer than that. We'll see how the G-Men's revamped O-line can play. Hard to tell if they were as good as it seemed or if it was the Redskins inability in the last game.

portermvp84 01-02-2007 12:11 PM

Igles win this 31-24.

NYmoney 01-02-2007 12:18 PM

Eagles fly away with this one. The Giants are too inconsistent.

bigbluedefense 01-02-2007 12:46 PM

Im a diehard Giants fan.

But...I just don't see how I can logically say that they will win. The percentages are low, like 30%. Philly has shut down Barber twice this year, our oline is in shambles, Eli is slumping, we might not have Shockey, we don't have Toomer, we have no Strahan, we have Tim Lewis and Tom Coughlin going against Andy Reid, Jeff Garcia's only playoff victory in his career came against the Giants, we're on the road....everything indicates a Philly win.

But it is a division rivalry game, so theres always hope. Thats the little hope that Im clinging on to. Thats why I said numerous times in the Giants team discussion that I wanted to play Dallas or Philly in the playoffs. I felt, and still feel that would be our only chance at a first round victory.

ricky bobby 01-02-2007 12:47 PM

I think the Giants will step up and win this one. The formula is pretty simple. RUN, RUN, RUN and on defense, prevent the big play.