Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Dolphins Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Miami Dolphins Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181)

draftguru151 01-01-2007 10:46 AM

Miami Dolphins Discussion

Discuss the Miami Dolphins.

Well I guess we get a new thread since the season is over.

Athrun340 01-01-2007 10:52 AM

what happened to our other thread?

btw at 9th who would you draft draft? lol

draftguru151 01-01-2007 11:23 AM

Um, the two guys I want are Alan Branch or Leon Hall right now, but the draft is a long time away so it's hard to say right now.

And I have no idea what happened to the thread, it wasn't pruned since I posted in it last night, so appently it was deleted.

Ace 01-01-2007 12:15 PM

That was a ****** up thing to do to delete our thread. Oh well, we need another anyway to start the offseason up.

Finz99 01-01-2007 02:34 PM

Like I said in the last thread...

I'd like to thank Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor for another amazing season (by them). And I'd also like to say sorry for how crappy everyone else is.

I wish we could get them a ring before they retire...ughhhhhhhhh :cry:

BehrenMan007 01-01-2007 05:33 PM

It looks like Saban will be heading to Bama. The rumor just wont die
What a failure. What a loser. I'm glad he'll be gone

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Memorex 01-01-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BehrenMan007

who do get to head the team then??

Start another Shula era and just swap with BAMA, hahaha

Ace 01-01-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BehrenMan007

So what? Just because it "looks" that way doesn't mean that it will happen. Saban won't go. Period. Saban isn't the type of coach who will quit on his team and lie after saying that he wasn't going. If some reason he does leave, then let him. We don't need a lier as a coach anyway and we can find us another coach.

I'mAHustler 01-01-2007 05:49 PM

Saban isn't going to Bama, plain and simple. He waited all this time to choose an NFL team to head and he is here to reconstruct. Plus he is in favor of the ownership, Nick is not going anywhere.

WinslowEdwards19 01-01-2007 05:58 PM

There's no way that Saban leaves, that would just be ridiculous.

draftguru151 01-01-2007 06:24 PM

He isn't going anywhere.

BehrenMan007 01-01-2007 08:14 PM

we'll know tomorrow afternoon

draftguru151 01-01-2007 08:18 PM

Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

draftguru151 01-01-2007 09:39 PM

Saban didn't go into great detail but he talked about getting depth on OL and he said Shelton might be going back to LT. He talked about getting another edge rusher and getting a play maker in the secondary. He also talked about getting younger up front on the DL. He said he liked how Yeremiah Bell made plays in the secondary so I think its clear he will be a starter next year.

So we are looking at OL depth (LT/OG), edge rusher (DE/OLB), playmaker in the secondary (CB/S), and young DL (DT).

All I know is I hope we can get Adalius Thomas in Miami.

Also some OL to keep an eye on are Roman Oben and Kris Dielman, both are former lineman for Hudson Houck. Eric Steinbeck is another guard I would love to get, he will be expensive though.

I'mAHustler 01-02-2007 08:18 AM

I wish could find the anchor on the offensive line that we so desperately need to support an explosively offense.

draftguru151 01-02-2007 12:11 PM

There really aren't any legit LT guys in FA and it doesn't look like they will be there in the draft either so I am really hoping Shelton goes back to LT and we get a new RG. I think we might get two new starters on the OL next year. Hadnot, Carey, and Shelton will all be starters next year. So depending where Shelton plays we either need 2 OGs or a OT and OG.

Athrun340 01-02-2007 02:50 PM

steinbach and leonard davis!

SuperMcGee 01-02-2007 04:21 PM

How much are people reading into the Taylor-retirement comments?

TitleTown088 01-02-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
How much are people reading into the Taylor-retirement comments?

yeah i saw that too, why would he?

BehrenMan007 01-02-2007 04:49 PM

he's just talking. Him and ZT will be back next year

draftguru151 01-02-2007 05:17 PM

He said the same thing last year. He is just frustrated.

BehrenMan007 01-02-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
He is just frustrated.

I would be to if I'm a dominating DE and my team missed the playoffs for 5 straight seasons

Athrun340 01-02-2007 05:53 PM

10:00 am Wed is the deadline wayne gave to saban..

TitleTown088 01-02-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

Quote:

Quote:
Dolphins | Saban to accept Alabama coaching job
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:15:00 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.

Athrun340 01-02-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Dolphins | Saban to accept Alabama coaching job
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:15:00 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.

how can chris reports that saban will accept the job if saban himself is struggling with his decision :lol: