Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1200)

RaiderNation 01-04-2007 02:32 AM

SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS!
 
put the 2 teams u think will be there and the score. also if u want the mvp of it

mine is SD vs the saints

31 to 24 SD

MVP: LT runs all over them with over 150 yards and a couple tds

brees throws around 300 yards and 2 tds but throws a int that costs them the game

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 01-04-2007 02:36 AM

Baltimore vs. Chicago.


People make way too much of a deal out of Grossman's performance last week, he was solid the entire month before that. He'll be good in the playoffs. Philip River sucks.





Just kidding. I think Baltimore will slow down Tomlinson with 8 man fronts and make Rivers beat them, which he won't be able to do, throwing on Reed, McAllister and Rolle.

And the SB score? 17-13 Baltimore.

CM4 01-04-2007 04:29 AM

Bears superbowl? Rex Grossman? hmmm and you say Rivers sucks, it least LT and the Chargers O-Line can make up for Rivers mistakes. Grossman sucks, and he wont be the starting QB next year for CHICAGO, maybe even in the next 2 weeks. Chicago has no offensive studs that can make up for his pathetic performances, too much pressure on Defense, Bears lose in NFC Champ Game.

SD-NO Superbowl.... Secondary is only as good as pass rush and SD pass rush is one of the best, to conclude Brees gets shutdown Chargers win...

toonsterwu 01-04-2007 05:20 AM

Well, my overall guesses would be

AFC -

New England edging the New York Jets.

It'll be a good battle, but I think I saw enough positive signs from the Pats offense, and I think Belichek can contain the Jets. It'll likely be low scoring and close, but the experience of Tom Brady is why I lean the Pats right now, say, 20-17.

Kansas City Chiefs over Indianapolis Colts.

So I'm jumping on this Chiefs over Colts bandwagon (if it is as such). Peyton Manning's biggest flaw just might be that he's too good. Since he's so good, sometimes they don't help their D enough, and the D clearly has issues. I think the Chiefs will pound it away and have enough of a passing game, and their defense will do enough in an interesting and close 27-24 game.

San Diego Chargers over Kansas City Chiefs.

I'm not too fond of this Chargers team being that dominant (if that makes sense). I think they can be contained offensively. That being said, I don't see KC as the team to topple them. Can they rattle Rivers enough AND stuff the run? I don't see it happening. I think the Chiefs may be able to do well, but at the end of the day, I don't see a dramatic toppling, and I'll go Chargers 28-21.

New England over Baltimore.

To be honest, I'm not sure I have a good reason. More of a hunch, I guess, that Belichek can do enough to contain the passing game while limiting the run attack, with Brady doing enough to support Dillon/Maroney pounding the ball. Dunno. If Ravens win, I won't be shocked. I do think I'll take the winner of this game over San Diego either way, though. I'll go a close game, say, 17-16.

New England over San Diego.

Just a belief that some team will be able to corral them. Nothing much more than a hunch. I don't think the matchups favor New England, really. But Marty tightens up his coaching at times, New England has the potential of stacking the run up enough. Expect to see a lot of LT "mugging", a la the Super Bowl against the Rams. I dunno, say, 24-20?

_________________________

NFC

Philadelphia over the New York Giants -

I'm so tempted to take the Giants. I really am. I think this will be close, and if the Giants can get Tiki going while being solid elsewhere, it might tip their way. At the end of the day, though, the Eagles balance and Jim Johnson versus Eli gets me going the Eagles. I think this could be a fun game. I'll go 23-20 Eagles.

Dallas Cowboys over Seattle -

I'd like to take Seattle, as Dallas hasn't been pretty, but the battered secondary worries me for Seattle. I look for a high scoring match in this one, as I don't trust either D, but I think Dallas edges it out here, say, 31-28.

New Orleans Saints over the Philadelphia Eagles.

Saints offense is too good, and the veteran QB in Brees should help stabilize any unease. Their defense should do enough against the Eagles offense to allow their offense to counteract Jim Johnson. I'll go Saints 30-27.

Chicago over Dallas -

Homerism aside, I just don't trust Dallas right now and they only got by Seattle because of the Seahawks injuries. Who knows. It may change, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas win. Look for Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson, plus a dash of Muhsin Muhammad and others. I'd lean low scoring, maybe a 21-17 type game.

New Orleans Saints over Chicago.

I want to pick Chicago, I really do. But I can't see it. One dimensional teams have a hard time, and while the Saints defense isn't that good, I think it's solid enough to limit the run game. And right now, I just can't trust the passing game to do enough. The Bears D also will have trouble against this passing attack. I think I'd take the Saints over the Cowboys again if the Cowboys upset the BEars.

Super Bowl - Odd pick of two teams I guess. Anyhow, seems odd as I type this. But New Orleans Saints versus New England Patriots.

Could be a fun game, assuming both sides are fully healthy. Payton's got a strong offense, but his defense can be punched, and the Patriots offense has enough to punch it. I'd look for Belichek to slow it down, pound the ball, and limit the opportunities for that offense. But dang ... I'm just not sure they could do enough, and I'll go the Saints in a good 27-20 game.

Eh, who knows, could change my mind by tomorrow.

01-04-2007 06:30 AM

lol 5 to 0 on the poll.
Baltimore and New Orleans
Baltimore comes out on top :lol:

njx9 01-04-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM4
Grossman sucks, and he wont be the starting QB next year for CHICAGO, maybe even in the next 2 weeks.

do you actually believe they'll change starting quarterbacks prior to the NFC championship game? or hell, even prior to their first playoff game? are you insane?

FloridaFootball 01-04-2007 08:36 AM

AFC is just a much stronger conference this year. You have power houses that could easiley go to the SuperBowl, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Ravens. I think the AFC has this year.

eacantdraft 01-04-2007 08:45 AM

My prediction.

Baltimore over New Orleans.

The Raven will win over the Chargers when yet again a Marty Schotteheimer team finds a way to a heartbreaking lost.

New Orleans will win at Chicago when the Bears soft run defense comes back to haunt them and they can't win in a shootout with Drew Brees and company.

In the Super Bowl New Orleans find a team with a good defense and the score won't even be close as Baltimore romps.

Beans 01-04-2007 10:42 AM

Either San Diego or Baltimore vs. New Orleans.

Eaglez.Fan 01-04-2007 10:43 AM

Philly 20
Baltimore 17

01-04-2007 10:48 AM

Homer pick: Colts over Eagles 38-35. MVP: Peyton Manning. Game-winning field goal by Adam Vinatieri.

Non-homer pick: Patriots over Eagles. 21-14. MVP: Laurence Maroney

Tubby 01-04-2007 10:49 AM

Well, the seahawks are in the NFC. End of debate.

Smooth Criminal 01-04-2007 10:56 AM

Baltimore 24, Chicago 10

Grossman is able to lead his team to the Superbowl but gets nothing done in that game. McNair goes to another superbowl and the defense leads the Ravens to a title.

NIN1984 01-04-2007 11:02 AM

Ravens 21

Saints 17

TPFKA#1SaintsFan 01-04-2007 11:18 AM

From the NFC, it will be either New Orleans or Philadelphia. Chicago is one of the most flawed and worst 13-3 teams in recent history (I'm not saying they're a bad team, just nowhere near as good as their record indicates). From the AFC I think it will be Baltimore, who is the complete opposite of Chicago, and one of the most underrated 13-3 teams in a while. So it will be either:

Baltimore vs. New Orleans
or
Baltimore vs. Philadelphia

I think the NFC team will win the Superbowl. Both the Saints and Eagles have underrated, "bend but don't break" defenses and their offenses are ranked #1 and #2 in the NFL, respectively.

I hate to say it but I have a feeling it will be Philly. They're the hottest team in the NFC (maybe even the NFL) right now.

bsaza2358 01-04-2007 11:24 AM

:::Covers ears with hands:::

NANANANANANANANANANANANANA!!!!

I'M NOT LISTENING TO THE BANDWAGON PEOPLE PICKING PHILLY!!!



LALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU...

sweetness34 01-04-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
From the NFC, it will be either New Orleans or Philadelphia. Chicago is one of the most flawed and worst 13-3 teams in recent history (I'm not saying they're a bad team, just nowhere near as good as their record indicates). From the AFC I think it will be Baltimore, who is the complete opposite of Chicago, and one of the most underrated 13-3 teams in a while. So it will be either:

Baltimore vs. New Orleans
or
Baltimore vs. Philadelphia

I think the NFC team will win the Superbowl. Both the Saints and Eagles have underrated, "bend but don't break" defenses and their offenses are ranked #1 and #2 in the NFL, respectively.

I hate to say it but I have a feeling it will be Philly. They're the hottest team in the NFC (maybe even the NFL) right now.

Considering we've been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL this entire season, I don't see where you're getting at (I'm not counting the last two games). We threw up 2 stinkers this year (Miami and Arizona), and I put those games on Rex. The New England game we were in until the very end, sure it wasn't one of our better games but we didn't play horribly. Plus it was the 3rd of a 3 game road trip out East where we went 2-1.

You highly overrate your Saints my friend. I have concerns about your defense and if you come to Chicago, I have a hard time seeing you put up the points needed to win this game. Mainly because Brees won't be able to air it out (I'm predicting some nasty weather) like he's been able to. And our run D has actually been pretty good the past couple weeks, it's been our pass D that's sucked, but keep in mind we haven't had our regular secondary for the past what like 4 or 5 weeks (both Vash and Peanut have been out). The team that runs the ball the most efficiently IMO will win this game, and we have one of the hottest running games right now in the NFL. Cedric Benson has been beastly and TJ is usually very consistent.

I'm not going to throw the disrespect card out because that would be immature of me to do but if we play like I know how we can play, we will win the NFC. Why? Because I believe we're the most complete team in the NFC when we're hitting on cylinders.

I will say this though, I would not be suprised to see an early exit from the playoffs because of how much parody there is in the NFC and if Grossman decides to show Bad Rexy.

The NFC is a crapshoot right now. Philly could stay hot and win it, Dallas could wake up and win it, New Orleans could shock me and win it, or my Bears could take care of business and win it. And honestly I don't know who to pick right now.

And btw CM4, do you have any backing to why Grossman "sucks"? Grossman is the future, and management won't give up on him. They're going to let him develop over the next couple seasons and see where he goes.

sik wit it 01-04-2007 12:17 PM

Baltimore V Philly
Baltimore SB Champs

TPFKA#1SaintsFan 01-04-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
From the NFC, it will be either New Orleans or Philadelphia. Chicago is one of the most flawed and worst 13-3 teams in recent history (I'm not saying they're a bad team, just nowhere near as good as their record indicates). From the AFC I think it will be Baltimore, who is the complete opposite of Chicago, and one of the most underrated 13-3 teams in a while. So it will be either:

Baltimore vs. New Orleans
or
Baltimore vs. Philadelphia

I think the NFC team will win the Superbowl. Both the Saints and Eagles have underrated, "bend but don't break" defenses and their offenses are ranked #1 and #2 in the NFL, respectively.

I hate to say it but I have a feeling it will be Philly. They're the hottest team in the NFC (maybe even the NFL) right now.

Considering we've been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL this entire season, I don't see where you're getting at (I'm not counting the last two games). We threw up 2 stinkers this year (Miami and Arizona), and I put those games on Rex. The New England game we were in until the very end, sure it wasn't one of our better games but we didn't play horribly. Plus it was the 3rd of a 3 game road trip out East where we went 2-1.

You highly overrate your Saints my friend. I have concerns about your defense and if you come to Chicago, I have a hard time seeing you put up the points needed to win this game. Mainly because Brees won't be able to air it out (I'm predicting some nasty weather) like he's been able to. And our run D has actually been pretty good the past couple weeks, it's been our pass D that's sucked, but keep in mind we haven't had our regular secondary for the past what like 4 or 5 weeks (both Vash and Peanut have been out). The team that runs the ball the most efficiently IMO will win this game, and we have one of the hottest running games right now in the NFL. Cedric Benson has been beastly and TJ is usually very consistent.

I'm not going to throw the disrespect card out because that would be immature of me to do but if we play like I know how we can play, we will win the NFC. Why? Because I believe we're the most complete team in the NFC when we're hitting on cylinders.

I will say this though, I would not be suprised to see an early exit from the playoffs because of how much parody there is in the NFC and if Grossman decides to show Bad Rexy.

The NFC is a crapshoot right now. Philly could stay hot and win it, Dallas could wake up and win it, New Orleans could shock me and win it, or my Bears could take care of business and win it. And honestly I don't know who to pick right now.

And btw CM4, do you have any backing to why Grossman "sucks"? Grossman is the future, and management won't give up on him. They're going to let him develop over the next couple seasons and see where he goes.


Both New Orleans and Philly can go to Chicago and win. Easily. Both teams have smart Quarterbacks, good running games, and underrated defense. Both teams have had exceptional offensive line play all season. Both can put pressure on a inexperienced playoff QB like Rex Grossman and force him to make the mistakes that he's so used to making. Both have smart head coaches who have done a great job all season in making adjustments when necessary. The weather is about the only thing you've got going for you right now (and you're not a weatherman so quit trying to predict the weather). The Saints just dominated the Giants with their running game. Weather has no effect on running the ball. The Bears run D is soft. I could go on. Right now, today, the Saints and Eagles are better teams than the Bears.

Deal with it. If you can't admit that Chicago has some serious flaws and question marks that make them a worse team than their record indicates, then I'm not even going to bother with continuing this argument.

diabsoule 01-04-2007 12:34 PM

Baltimore Ravens vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Ravens win in a close one.

2drama 01-04-2007 12:34 PM

it going to a AFC

my call the ravens or the chargers

sweetness34 01-04-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
From the NFC, it will be either New Orleans or Philadelphia. Chicago is one of the most flawed and worst 13-3 teams in recent history (I'm not saying they're a bad team, just nowhere near as good as their record indicates). From the AFC I think it will be Baltimore, who is the complete opposite of Chicago, and one of the most underrated 13-3 teams in a while. So it will be either:

Baltimore vs. New Orleans
or
Baltimore vs. Philadelphia

I think the NFC team will win the Superbowl. Both the Saints and Eagles have underrated, "bend but don't break" defenses and their offenses are ranked #1 and #2 in the NFL, respectively.

I hate to say it but I have a feeling it will be Philly. They're the hottest team in the NFC (maybe even the NFL) right now.

Considering we've been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL this entire season, I don't see where you're getting at (I'm not counting the last two games). We threw up 2 stinkers this year (Miami and Arizona), and I put those games on Rex. The New England game we were in until the very end, sure it wasn't one of our better games but we didn't play horribly. Plus it was the 3rd of a 3 game road trip out East where we went 2-1.

You highly overrate your Saints my friend. I have concerns about your defense and if you come to Chicago, I have a hard time seeing you put up the points needed to win this game. Mainly because Brees won't be able to air it out (I'm predicting some nasty weather) like he's been able to. And our run D has actually been pretty good the past couple weeks, it's been our pass D that's sucked, but keep in mind we haven't had our regular secondary for the past what like 4 or 5 weeks (both Vash and Peanut have been out). The team that runs the ball the most efficiently IMO will win this game, and we have one of the hottest running games right now in the NFL. Cedric Benson has been beastly and TJ is usually very consistent.

I'm not going to throw the disrespect card out because that would be immature of me to do but if we play like I know how we can play, we will win the NFC. Why? Because I believe we're the most complete team in the NFC when we're hitting on cylinders.

I will say this though, I would not be suprised to see an early exit from the playoffs because of how much parody there is in the NFC and if Grossman decides to show Bad Rexy.

The NFC is a crapshoot right now. Philly could stay hot and win it, Dallas could wake up and win it, New Orleans could shock me and win it, or my Bears could take care of business and win it. And honestly I don't know who to pick right now.

And btw CM4, do you have any backing to why Grossman "sucks"? Grossman is the future, and management won't give up on him. They're going to let him develop over the next couple seasons and see where he goes.


Both New Orleans and Philly can go to Chicago and win. Easily. Both teams have smart Quarterbacks, good running games, and underrated defense. Both teams have had exceptional offensive line play all season. Both can put pressure on a inexperienced playoff QB like Rex Grossman and force him to make the mistakes that he's so used to making. Both have smart head coaches who have done a great job all season in making adjustments when necessary. The weather is about the only thing you've got going for you right now (and you're not a weatherman so quit trying to predict the weather). The Saints just dominated the Giants with their running game. Weather has no effect on running the ball. The Bears run D is soft. I could go on. Right now, today, the Saints and Eagles are better teams than the Bears.

Deal with it. If you can't admit that Chicago has some serious flaws and question marks that make them a worse team than their record indicates, then I'm not even going to bother with continuing this argument.

Every team in the NFC has friggin flaws dude, even your Saints have flaws. The fact is I cannot see Brees having that much success in Chicago. And if everything goes according to plan then that's where you'll have to come. Sure we have flaws, but so do a lot of teams. The fact remains we blew out 8 teams this season in our wins and we went 12-2 in meaningful games this season. Screw the weak schedule ********, we had one bad loss this year and that was to Miami in which we basically imploded on ourselves. The NE game I kinda expected us to lose.

You guys were all over the Saints praising them as the best team in the NFC after they beat Dallas, and then they go and lose to the lowly Redskins at home, in a crucial game. We've been the most consistent team in the NFC this season, period end of story. Sure we've played close games and won them, but the bottom line is that we WON those games.

I'm not saying we're a shoe in for the SB, not at all. Sure New Orleans could come in and beat Chicago but I just don't see it. I have a hard time believing your team (which does play in a dome) coming up here and beating us in Chicago.

Like I said, the team that runs the ball most efficiently b/w the two is going to win, and right now my money is on Chicago's running game. It'd be a great game so we'll see.

But you're arugment that we have flaws is pretty funny in that EVERY TEAM IN THE NFC RIGHT NOW HAS SOME MAJOR FLAWS.

JCshutEmDown 01-04-2007 01:08 PM

Ravens over Saints by 14-21 points.

01-04-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2drama
it going to a AFC

my call the ravens or the chargers

Way to go out on a limb there. :roll:

sweetness34 01-04-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2drama
it going to a AFC

my call the ravens or the chargers

Way to go out on a limb there. :roll:

:lol:

I still think it'll be the Chargers out of the AFC, but I have no clue in the NFC right now. It's a crap shoot. :lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.