Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   The Reggie Bush Rant Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12664)

iloxygenil 09-07-2007 10:34 AM

The Reggie Bush Rant Thread
 
This kid is SO overrated it drives me NUTS. I mean make all the excuses in the world for him you want, but without Payton last year Bush would have been looking like the worst pick in draft history. Without 90 catches (which mostly came out of the backfield) Saints fans would have been screaming their heads off. Payton's offense is what got Reggie the ball in positions to make plays, and that's a good coach, not a good player. He has to be in wide open field to make plays, and that means he's not a runningback. The thing that PROVES that more than anything is his quote last night talking about how you play the game in the NFL.

Talking about how you don't fight for extra yards, how you get what you can get and then just get down. Give me a BREAK, that's not a runningback's mentality. He's worried about fumbling because he said when fighting for extra yards is when he gets stripped and loses the ball. Well, guess what, you don't fight for extra yards, you get punked like you did last night against one of the most mediocre defenses you'll face all year long.

Reggie Bush is just part of the huge hype machine that comes from being the only decent team in a really bad conference. There were a few play makers there, and yes, Reggie was a HUGE one...but guess what kid, this is the NFL, not the pac10, you're not THAT fast, there were DEs running you down last night, and I'm not talking about Julius Peppers or John Abraham caliber defenders here. You can't dance around and wait for someone to screw up, because if you can make the 53 man roster, you're not going to miss very often. So you can just stand and dance all you want, but in the NFL until you get tough and gain some vision as a RB you're a bust as a RB. Good football player, prolly a very good WR/PR/KR guy...but as a RB I wouldn't let you in my backfield.

Don't wanna say I told you so after 1 season and 1 game, because their offense was just handled by a poor defense last night, and Payton will get him where he needs to be and get him touches in the open field. But man alive, I was so happy watching him try to dance around last night, since our D is a LOT like the Colts in terms of speed, minus Bob Sanders, but we also have Deangelo and better even faster LBs.

bigbluedefense 09-07-2007 10:38 AM

why is this in the falcon's team discussion?


and yes, he needs to improve his vision, but he'll be fine this year. you fail to point out how the oline of the Saints got destroyed up front all game. That had alot to do with his poor play.

iloxygenil 09-07-2007 11:09 AM

Yeah...it does...but it goes in here because I HATE how overrated Reggie Bush is. He's a good WR and KR/PR but man alive as a RB he blows. I've been saying this all along. He played in the Pac10, and until he learns that NFL is faster than the Pac10 and he can't just wait for things to develop and let other people make his plays for him. Bush in space can be scary, very scary, but Bush as a RB makes me a very VERY happy man when I see him back there and not Deuce.

VoteLynnSwan 09-07-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 600483)
This kid is SO overrated it drives me NUTS. I mean make all the excuses in the world for him you want, but without Payton last year Bush would have been looking like the worst pick in draft history. Without 90 catches (which mostly came out of the backfield) Saints fans would have been screaming their heads off. Payton's offense is what got Reggie the ball in positions to make plays, and that's a good coach, not a good player. He has to be in wide open field to make plays, and that means he's not a runningback. The thing that PROVES that more than anything is his quote last night talking about how you play the game in the NFL.

Talking about how you don't fight for extra yards, how you get what you can get and then just get down. Give me a BREAK, that's not a runningback's mentality. He's worried about fumbling because he said when fighting for extra yards is when he gets stripped and loses the ball. Well, guess what, you don't fight for extra yards, you get punked like you did last night against one of the most mediocre defenses you'll face all year long.

Reggie Bush is just part of the huge hype machine that comes from being the only decent team in a really bad conference. There were a few play makers there, and yes, Reggie was a HUGE one...but guess what kid, this is the NFL, not the pac10, you're not THAT fast, there were DEs running you down last night, and I'm not talking about Julius Peppers or John Abraham caliber defenders here. You can't dance around and wait for someone to screw up, because if you can make the 53 man roster, you're not going to miss very often. So you can just stand and dance all you want, but in the NFL until you get tough and gain some vision as a RB you're a bust as a RB. Good football player, prolly a very good WR/PR/KR guy...but as a RB I wouldn't let you in my backfield.

Don't wanna say I told you so after 1 season and 1 game, because their offense was just handled by a poor defense last night, and Payton will get him where he needs to be and get him touches in the open field. But man alive, I was so happy watching him try to dance around last night, since our D is a LOT like the Colts in terms of speed, minus Bob Sanders, but we also have Deangelo and better even faster LBs.

well first of all... Reggie Bush's game isn't running between the tackles... everyone knows that, he catches the ball, and is great in space.

Secondly... Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are two of the faster DEs in the league, so your point about them not being Peppers or Abraham is idiotic.

marks01234 09-07-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 600483)
This kid is SO overrated it drives me NUTS. I mean make all the excuses in the world for him you want, but without Payton last year Bush would have been looking like the worst pick in draft history. Without 90 catches (which mostly came out of the backfield) Saints fans would have been screaming their heads off. Payton's offense is what got Reggie the ball in positions to make plays, and that's a good coach, not a good player. He has to be in wide open field to make plays, and that means he's not a runningback. The thing that PROVES that more than anything is his quote last night talking about how you play the game in the NFL.

Talking about how you don't fight for extra yards, how you get what you can get and then just get down. Give me a BREAK, that's not a runningback's mentality. He's worried about fumbling because he said when fighting for extra yards is when he gets stripped and loses the ball. Well, guess what, you don't fight for extra yards, you get punked like you did last night against one of the most mediocre defenses you'll face all year long.

Reggie Bush is just part of the huge hype machine that comes from being the only decent team in a really bad conference. There were a few play makers there, and yes, Reggie was a HUGE one...but guess what kid, this is the NFL, not the pac10, you're not THAT fast, there were DEs running you down last night, and I'm not talking about Julius Peppers or John Abraham caliber defenders here. You can't dance around and wait for someone to screw up, because if you can make the 53 man roster, you're not going to miss very often. So you can just stand and dance all you want, but in the NFL until you get tough and gain some vision as a RB you're a bust as a RB. Good football player, prolly a very good WR/PR/KR guy...but as a RB I wouldn't let you in my backfield.

Don't wanna say I told you so after 1 season and 1 game, because their offense was just handled by a poor defense last night, and Payton will get him where he needs to be and get him touches in the open field. But man alive, I was so happy watching him try to dance around last night, since our D is a LOT like the Colts in terms of speed, minus Bob Sanders, but we also have Deangelo and better even faster LBs.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

He's a Desmond Howard type player.

iloxygenil 09-07-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan (Post 600519)
well first of all... Reggie Bush's game isn't running between the tackles... everyone knows that, he catches the ball, and is great in space.

Secondly... Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are two of the faster DEs in the league, so your point about them not being Peppers or Abraham is idiotic.

Glad you think so, since I saw a white guy who was beaten by bush to the edge still catch him and drag him down after a 2 yard gain. Since you had no idea what I was talking about and just made one of the most dumbass assumptions you could have...way to go. Freeney is a 1 move DE imo, very overrated, but that makes teams double him so it allows other people to look better on their defense. And since Mathis doesn't play every down...it had nothing to do with him. But good try buddy. Oh wait...I forgot Josh Thomas is a freak of nature and runs a 4.3...wait...no he doesn't.

Geo 09-07-2007 11:49 AM

It sort of surprises me how polarizing Bush is, there really doesn't seem to be a middle ground on him.

Personally, myself, I really like Reggie Bush. I want to watch every play he's on the field. And, truth be told, I can't say I lose any sleep that others feel differently. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, likes/dislikes, what have you.

P-L 09-07-2007 12:10 PM

Honestly, I think you need to calm down. It isn't the end of the world. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, just like you are to yours. I see no reason to get as upset as you get, over a player receiving much more hype than his production warrants. Just state your opinion on him, and be done with it. If he never improves and is a bust then you are right. However, if he becomes Jesus Christ in cleats, you will look like a fool. I cannot remember myself every getting as upset over anything, as you are getting about Reggie Bush being "overrated." Trust me, it isn't worth getting this angry about. Despite many people thinking the opposite of you, quite a few people do agree with you.

LionSmack 09-07-2007 12:49 PM

I get where you're coming from on RB but I think he's still got greatness in him. I think it will take him longer to find it because he's so in love with his own crazy athleticism that he forgets to just do what needs to be done for the team first and worry about making sick moves later.

Like there was one play last night where he had an easy first down if he just dove forward for a yard but instead he tried to juke the crap out of someone and got stopped a half yard short.

In time he will learn when to try that stuff and when not to. His speed and moves are too good for him to be a total failure. Obviously he'll never be a carry-the-mail, power running type of guy but comparing him to Desmond Howard is just plain ignorant.

d34ng3l021 09-07-2007 12:52 PM

I think its kind of ironic that a Falcon fan who supported Vick hates Bush because he is not too good at running between the lanes, but creates a mismatch in the passing game.

Vick was probably just as good throwing during short-medium passes as Bush is running inside, but really shines during deep passes and running, when Bush really shines on sweeps and the passing game.

Geo 09-07-2007 01:06 PM

Nothing wrong with adding a little spice to a dish, some healthy discussion between fans of division rivals. :p

Shiver 09-07-2007 01:07 PM

It drives me nuts too. Al Michaels called him "the electric one" when he got the ball on a PR, it was insanity. I'm just glad the Saints are mesmerized by Bush and neglect to give McAllister touches. If they do that against the Falcons I will be so glad. It's McAllister that I fear. He actually can make runs of over 20+ yards. You know you have lousy vision when you're as fast as anyone else in the NFL and you cannot break a 20+ yard run as a RB.

thefalconer 09-07-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 (Post 600641)
I think its kind of ironic that a Falcon fan who supported Vick hates Bush because he is not too good at running between the lanes, but creates a mismatch in the passing game.

Vick was probably just as good throwing during short-medium passes as Bush is running inside, but really shines during deep passes and running, when Bush really shines on sweeps and the passing game.

stole the words from my mouth. bush is a vick. both may not be traditional to their respective positions on the field but imo, they make their team better by forcing defenses to guess what they will do. personally, even more so than payton, i think bush owes his success to mcallister. say duece doesnt come back well from his big injury in '05. that means defenses would know what the saints would be running with just bush on the field. to say you cant stand bush while being a vick a fan (or used to) is jsut hypocritical dude.

Shiver 09-07-2007 02:34 PM

The thing about Vick is we all held out that he would improve. Quarterbacks, especially ones as raw as Vick was coming out, typically take 3-4 years to improve. I stopped defending Vick when it became evident that he would never become the player he should have been. Did he really make the team better? They were fairly mediocre and quite inconsistent with him as the QB. They had one good year that was a product of a last place schedule in the NFC, when Vick had to play a quality opponent (which he didn't face until the NFCCG that's how weak the NFC was) he faltered again. Even before the dog fighting thing I was imploring the Falcons to give Matt Schaub a shot in training camp.

619 09-07-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 600483)
This kid is SO overrated it drives me NUTS. I mean make all the excuses in the world for him you want, but without Payton last year Bush would have been looking like the worst pick in draft history. Without 90 catches (which mostly came out of the backfield) Saints fans would have been screaming their heads off. Payton's offense is what got Reggie the ball in positions to make plays, and that's a good coach, not a good player. He has to be in wide open field to make plays, and that means he's not a runningback. The thing that PROVES that more than anything is his quote last night talking about how you play the game in the NFL.

Talking about how you don't fight for extra yards, how you get what you can get and then just get down. Give me a BREAK, that's not a runningback's mentality. He's worried about fumbling because he said when fighting for extra yards is when he gets stripped and loses the ball. Well, guess what, you don't fight for extra yards, you get punked like you did last night against one of the most mediocre defenses you'll face all year long.

Reggie Bush is just part of the huge hype machine that comes from being the only decent team in a really bad conference. There were a few play makers there, and yes, Reggie was a HUGE one...but guess what kid, this is the NFL, not the pac10, you're not THAT fast, there were DEs running you down last night, and I'm not talking about Julius Peppers or John Abraham caliber defenders here. You can't dance around and wait for someone to screw up, because if you can make the 53 man roster, you're not going to miss very often. So you can just stand and dance all you want, but in the NFL until you get tough and gain some vision as a RB you're a bust as a RB. Good football player, prolly a very good WR/PR/KR guy...but as a RB I wouldn't let you in my backfield.

Don't wanna say I told you so after 1 season and 1 game, because their offense was just handled by a poor defense last night, and Payton will get him where he needs to be and get him touches in the open field. But man alive, I was so happy watching him try to dance around last night, since our D is a LOT like the Colts in terms of speed, minus Bob Sanders, but we also have Deangelo and better even faster LBs.

i respect your opinion and ill admit hes a bit out of position but if u were to evaluate a player on pure talent and athleticism hes up there with the all-time greats. i dont know if hes typically a slow starter even at USC but the same thing happened last year too and the farther into the season he got the better he played as evident by the 100+ yard game against the giants in giant stadium late last year. remember in 06 he didnt get his first TD til his 5th game and he ended up with 9 in total.

ATLDirtyBirds 09-07-2007 05:51 PM

I love Reggie. He's perfect for what the Saints want him to do. Would I take him on my team? Hell yes. I'd love the attention he demands on the field. He is just not that great of a running back though.

Shiver 09-07-2007 06:38 PM

Even with his $50 Million dollar contract?

Green Bay Scat 09-07-2007 07:12 PM

This is mainly a "Ted Ginn" rant but just change Bush to Ginn. They both were drafted to high based on Possitional Talent. Bush is great at catching, but a RB job is to rush INSIDE and out. What do coaches say? NORTH SOUTH not east west. No point in ranting. Bush is one of the most Talented players, just isnt a RB. hes a RB thats a WR playing RB. Percy Harvin

Forenci 09-07-2007 07:33 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to impose on the Falcons thread, but I felt compelled to reply to this thread.

Listen, you're entitled to you're opinion, as everyone is - but you're being completely ignorant.

Maybe it's because the Saints are a division rival of the Falcons, and you hate the Saints, or maybe it's because you just don't like USC, or players who get hyped. Who knows? It really doesn't matter.


Well, Troy Aikman sucked his first year, so he was a bust, right? Peyton Manning struggled as a rookie so I guess that means he was a bust. Granted, they're QB's, but most guys need time to adjust to the NFL.

I think what Bush adds to the offense is worth his price. So he had a bad game against an Indy defense that sucked last year, so? Every player will have a bad game, and having bad games in an opener is pretty common for a lot of players.

Well, if Peyton Manning plays like crap in the playoffs, we still know he's a great QB. So big deal, he didn't have a great game (and by the way, his offensive line was blocking like crap on a lot of those losses).

Heh, I'm tired of everyone being a critic and trying to pass their opinions off as fact. You say 'Reggie Bush is a bust' based off ONE game. Don't give me this BS about saying his last year sucked, because he had a pretty good season for a rookie considering he didn't get much of an opportunity to get into a rhythm running the ball. The one time he did get a chance to consistently get carries was when Deuce went out with an injury and oh..guess what..he ran for 100+ yards.

Geez man, you seriously need to lighten up. I mean, sure, you could be right..in a couple years from now - but why don't you wait until THEN to make a real judgement as opposed to acting like some pompous ass who just proved 'everyone' wrong. Until then, shut the hell up and give him some more time to play.

iloxygenil 09-07-2007 09:51 PM

Watching his style of play is what I'm going from, he thinks he's still in the PAC-10. He's got a LOT of growing up to do in the NFL, he's not really going to be successful RB in this league without a complete change of his mindset. And with a player that overhyped, and a player that is that full of himself, it's going to take entirely too long or him just getting busted so bad it breaks him from being so full of himself.

Shiver 09-07-2007 10:08 PM

Forenci, what you don't realize is that me and Oxy were not Bush fans, per say, back when it was assumed that he would be a Texans RB. So it isn't as if were picking on him only because he is a Saints' player.

iloxygenil 09-07-2007 10:47 PM

Yeah, I'm prolly overly adamant about it but oh well...He's my least favorite player in the league and the hype machine that surrounds him needs to come tumbling down.

thefalconer 09-07-2007 10:55 PM

does it really matter that he doesnt fit the rb mold? he helps his offense by adding another dynamic dimension to it. hes a hybrid and he's been successful. im curious to see him on a roster with him as the sole rb however. i definitely agree he is overly-hyped by the media.

TigerBait45 09-07-2007 11:04 PM

Yeah, hes overhyped, but hes talented as hell. Hes got a lot of growing to do as a player (running between the tackles and pass blocking could use some improvement) but hes got game changing potential.

Hes a lot like Mike Vick (off the field issues aside). Very good at things that aren't exactly what people look for at their position, but subpar at some of the basic things. They're both talented players, but they both get (in Vick's case I guess you could say got) waaaay too much hype. It'll take a few years, but I think Bush can and will become a great player in this league. Hes not quite there yet though.

In Reggie's defense, that offensive line was nearly invisible last night. They weren't making holes for him or Deuce.

Caddy 09-07-2007 11:22 PM

Reggie Bush is talented and there is no doubt about that fact. I also think most people by now recognise that Bush is never going to be a great, every down back, but what he is, is a great offensive player. He adds an extra dimension to the Saints offense and can create mismatches for opposing defenses. He is a constant threat and commands at least one player marking him at all time which in itself is a great ability.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.