Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC West Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Best team in the division? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12692)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 09-07-2007 10:24 PM

Best team in the division?

Who's the best?

Paul 09-07-2007 11:12 PM

You bored?

Man_Of_Steel 09-07-2007 11:15 PM

I voted the Broncos although Denver is quite good.

CT Bronco Fan 09-08-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel (Post 601725)
I voted the Broncos although Denver is quite good.

The man has a good point.

KCJ58 09-10-2007 10:52 PM

hahaha that was the best poll ever

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 09-11-2007 06:35 AM

It looks like Denver's making a comeback.

villagewarrior 09-21-2007 12:35 AM

Gotta go with Denver, I can't stand the Broncos.

What? They're the same team you say?

NOOOOO!

Splat 09-21-2007 09:52 AM

I think they are both overrated.:)

JK17 09-23-2007 04:50 PM

Well its certainly not San Diego....Can the AFC West really be this bad?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 09-23-2007 05:06 PM

I dunno. Denver is sucking, with the exception of Cutler, Marshall, and Sauerbrun. When your 3rd best player is your punter, something is wrong. Actually, Dumervil has 2 sacks, so Sauerbrun is 4th.

NIN1984 09-27-2007 09:03 AM

I had to go with the Broncos

Average OT LB 11-29-2007 12:55 PM

So now that the chargers are in the drivers seat on their way to the playoffs, and the broncos are holding on for dear life, i think its about time the options for this thread get changed.. to perhaps san diego or the chargers.. i think thats tad more realistic

SubNoize 11-29-2007 01:55 PM

I think the option for "we're all a disgrace to the national football league" would be most appropriate.

JK17 11-29-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubNoize (Post 754228)
I think the option for "we're all a disgrace to the national football league" would be most appropriate.

That one sounds about right...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 11-29-2007 02:32 PM

I'll co-sign that one.

SubNoize 11-29-2007 03:43 PM

can you believe that somebody from this division is going to be in the playoffs? Honestly this divison will be won at 8-8 or 9-7 and that's pathetic. The raiders are still mathematically alive for christ's sake. I think there should be a 10 win minimum for the playoffs and if nobody hits it, take a team from elsewhere.

JK17 11-29-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubNoize (Post 754375)
can you believe that somebody from this division is going to be in the playoffs? Honestly this divison will be won at 8-8 or 9-7 and that's pathetic. The raiders are still mathematically alive for christ's sake. I think there should be a 10 win minimum for the playoffs and if nobody hits it, take a team from elsewhere.

It's still possible San Diego hits the ten win mark, their schedule isn't too bad coming up...but its very improbable...I'd guess 9-7...

Still, I don't like the 10 win minimum rule at all, what if there just aren't enough teams that hit ten wins in a season? Not to mention playing in a very tough division, this would penalize teams because hte other temas they play are good. That's not the case with the AFC West, because we all suck, but it could screw some teams over....

Average OT LB 11-29-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK17 (Post 754751)
It's still possible San Diego hits the ten win mark, their schedule isn't too bad coming up...but its very improbable...I'd guess 9-7...

Still, I don't like the 10 win minimum rule at all, what if there just aren't enough teams that hit ten wins in a season? Not to mention playing in a very tough division, this would penalize teams because hte other temas they play are good. That's not the case with the AFC West, because we all suck, but it could screw some teams over....

Whats up with saying we suck, that just doesnt make sense. The division may not be the strongest its been, but lets be real, there are worse divisions in football. Ever since the broncos went to the super bowl in the late 90's we've had arguable the top RB in the game at one of our teams, which has aided towards us being one of the best divisions in football.. so this year we dont dominate like the last few yeras, but i wouldnt say that just because we arent playing up to our own standards that we all of a sudden suck.. perhaps we dont have a dominate team in our division, but its still early. I wouldnt hesitate to say that by the end of the year we have 4 teams firing on all cylinders..

JK17 11-30-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Average OT LB (Post 754911)
Whats up with saying we suck, that just doesnt make sense. The division may not be the strongest its been, but lets be real, there are worse divisions in football. Ever since the broncos went to the super bowl in the late 90's we've had arguable the top RB in the game at one of our teams, which has aided towards us being one of the best divisions in football.. so this year we dont dominate like the last few yeras, but i wouldnt say that just because we arent playing up to our own standards that we all of a sudden suck.. perhaps we dont have a dominate team in our division, but its still early. I wouldnt hesitate to say that by the end of the year we have 4 teams firing on all cylinders..

Right now, we do all suck. We have a division leader right now sitting at 6-5. You yourself predicted the Chargers to win about 9 games I believe. If a team wins a division with 9 games, its generally a strong indicator its a sucky division.

I mean it would be one thing if we were all good, and thats why we are going to have a 9-7 division leader, but out of the Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers right now, not one team has proven that any team should be scared of them.

Average OT LB 11-30-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK17 (Post 755997)
Right now, we do all suck. We have a division leader right now sitting at 6-5. You yourself predicted the Chargers to win about 9 games I believe. If a team wins a division with 9 games, its generally a strong indicator its a sucky division.

I mean it would be one thing if we were all good, and thats why we are going to have a 9-7 division leader, but out of the Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers right now, not one team has proven that any team should be scared of them.

I dont feel that the division as a whole, is any worse than say, the NFC south, and NFC west.. just cause we dont have a good 10 win team doesnt mean the entire division is bad. One could argue that the AFC east sucks, pending how you see the bills. i dunno, its all arguable of course, i just dont like being called a fan of a sucky division, especially from fans within the same division.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 11-30-2007 04:36 PM

The Patriots alone put the AFC East ahead of us. We're better than the NFC West for sure, and probably the south. That puts us 6th/8, and the AFC's worst. We're an extension of the NFC.

SubNoize 11-30-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutlerChris (Post 756349)
The Patriots alone put the AFC East ahead of us. We're better than the NFC West for sure, and probably the south. That puts us 6th/8, and the AFC's worst. We're an extension of the NFC.

not really, we've won like 2 games against the NFC this year...

JayCtlerBMarshConect9 03-24-2008 07:15 PM

you all arer a bunch of daralects Denver is going to go 19-0 with Jay cutler breaking every single season record

Raider_fan_Canada 05-06-2008 09:43 PM

ROFL

These Broncos are going down on the oppening edition of MNF!!