Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   AFC East Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12703)

KCJ58 09-08-2007 01:52 AM

AFC East Discussion
 
Discuss here

alca1992 09-08-2007 09:49 AM

well the pats play the jets this week should be a nice game

nvot9 09-08-2007 01:25 PM

Yea, regardless of who wins the game, I think depending on how the two teams play against each other, it's gunna tell exactly what's to come the rest of the season...

SuperKevin 09-09-2007 05:16 PM

This is going to be the least competitive division in football this year. New England will have the division clinched by week 10 and it looks like Buffalo, Miami, and New York will all struggle to win more than 6 games. Sad year to be a fan of anyone other than the Pats.

Dam8610 09-09-2007 07:56 PM

The Patriots looked good today, but the Jets gave Brady forever and a day to throw on every down. Next week should be a good test of what happens to that offense when they face a pass rush.

hcbrad08 09-10-2007 12:22 AM

I disagree the Dolphins and Bills both struggled against lesser teams than the Pats and while the Pats might win the division (probably is a better word) the Jets did some good things and were limited bc of circumstance (More bad things but i think it was mainly the Pats being straight better and theyre gonna be better than a lotta teams this year)

Pennington: 2 TDs 0 Ints 72.5% Completion Percentage 130+ QB Rating
Im guessing Thomas Jones will rush for more than 45 yards next week. Im expecting a solid 25 carries to take the pressure (literally) off pennington (and his ankle)

Pats: 14-2
Jets: 9-7
Bills: 8-8
Dolphins: 5-11

TimD 09-11-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcbrad08 (Post 607435)
I disagree the Dolphins and Bills both struggled against lesser teams than the Pats and while the Pats might win the division (probably is a better word) the Jets did some good things and were limited bc of circumstance (More bad things but i think it was mainly the Pats being straight better and theyre gonna be better than a lotta teams this year)

Pennington: 2 TDs 0 Ints 72.5% Completion Percentage 130+ QB Rating
Im guessing Thomas Jones will rush for more than 45 yards next week. Im expecting a solid 25 carries to take the pressure (literally) off pennington (and his ankle)

Pats: 14-2
Jets: 9-7
Bills: 8-8
Dolphins: 5-11

i like those predictions.... only the pats would make the playoffs which is what i feel will happen...

unless kellen clemens comes in... 15-1 for the jets

SuperKevin 09-11-2007 06:02 PM

i hope the Patriots get hammered for this video thing

TimD 09-12-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 610820)
i hope the Patriots get hammered for this video thing

i think everyone whose not a pats fan does... serves BB right

yodabear 09-14-2007 12:11 PM

Eric Mangini Is My Hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperMcGee 09-24-2007 03:04 PM

Totally uncool Wilfork.

They so dirtyyyyy!

SuperMcGee 09-27-2007 04:03 PM

Can't wait to see Schobel vs. D'Brick this week.

We all know what happened last year, but D'Brick looked great last week against Taylor. We'll need some sort of rush as I still don't trust our secondary, even if McGee makes it back for this one.

derza222 09-27-2007 08:23 PM

Schobel vs. D'Brick is going to be HUGE as a Jets fan. If Brick does well then it shows serious improvement from last year and hopefully he can continue that the rest of the season. However, if Schobel dominates again this week we may be looking at a guy (Brick) who can handle speed guys but has a serious problem stopping guys that do a good job bull rushing. If that is the case, he's going to have to do a lot of work on strength this offseason and is probably on his way to being called a bust. The one thing that will help is that Pennington is going to be making a lot of short, high percentage throws and hopefully will be able to get the ball out quickly and neutralize the rush to an extent. I think this game shows a lot about how where both teams are at right now.

By the way SuperKevin, is the general consensus with Bills fans that Edwards getting a start this week is a good thing, or would you much rather see Losman behind center?

SuperMcGee 09-27-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derza222 (Post 637390)
By the way SuperKevin, is the general consensus with Bills fans that Edwards getting a start this week is a good thing, or would you much rather see Losman behind center?

I'd say Losman still gives us the best chance to win, and I didn't want to see Edwards in there this early. There were plenty of impatient fans clamoring for Edwards as early as after week 1, which I thought was ridiculous. I've stuck to JP for now, and I'd still prefer him to be starting when possible, barring Edwards looking very good. I would've liked to wait on Edwards a little longer, but it's not like that's possible now. Bills fans anger me too easily, so I couldn't give you a wide opinion outside of a few friends, but those are my thoughts.

SuperKevin 09-27-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derza222 (Post 637390)
By the way SuperKevin, is the general consensus with Bills fans that Edwards getting a start this week is a good thing, or would you much rather see Losman behind center?

I'm still a big Losman supporter but I'll be interested to see what Edwards can do with these 2-3 games. I think if he comes out and ignites a spark on offense, the front office is going to have a huge decision to make this offseason. Do you deal Losman while he still has some value in order to fix the defense? or do you hope that veteran leadership at QB next year will finally help end a long playoff drought.

personally I think if Edwards looks good, we have to deal Losman. Teams looking for veteran backup QBs will be interested in him and we could net at least a 5th rounder or maybe a young defensive player

Iamcanadian 10-08-2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcbrad08 (Post 607435)
I disagree the Dolphins and Bills both struggled against lesser teams than the Pats and while the Pats might win the division (probably is a better word) the Jets did some good things and were limited bc of circumstance (More bad things but i think it was mainly the Pats being straight better and theyre gonna be better than a lotta teams this year)

Pennington: 2 TDs 0 Ints 72.5% Completion Percentage 130+ QB Rating
Im guessing Thomas Jones will rush for more than 45 yards next week. Im expecting a solid 25 carries to take the pressure (literally) off pennington (and his ankle)

Pats: 14-2
Jets: 9-7
Bills: 8-8
Dolphins: 5-11

I think you way off. The AFC East has one of the toughest schedules in all of pro football and that alone will make it very difficult for any team ouitside of NE to post a winning record.

Iamcanadian 10-08-2007 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 637425)
I'm still a big Losman supporter but I'll be interested to see what Edwards can do with these 2-3 games. I think if he comes out and ignites a spark on offense, the front office is going to have a huge decision to make this offseason. Do you deal Losman while he still has some value in order to fix the defense? or do you hope that veteran leadership at QB next year will finally help end a long playoff drought.

personally I think if Edwards looks good, we have to deal Losman. Teams looking for veteran backup QBs will be interested in him and we could net at least a 5th rounder or maybe a young defensive player

Rookie QB's almost never look good game to game. Inexperience will catch up to Edwards and he will implode sooner or later. It is simply asking too much of him to expect otherwise. It doesn't mean he isn't talented but he is going to look absolutely terrible at some point, that is what happens to rookie QB's.
I'm beginning to think our long term future doesn't lie with Losman, not sure yet if his current underproduction is him or a coaching problem.

SuperKevin 03-13-2008 03:36 PM

As a Bills fan I'm really scared of what the Jets have done this offseason. They are right up there with the Browns for having the best offseason so far.

HEISMANHERSCHEL 03-30-2008 03:47 AM

I would have to agree, Superkevin. They have both done very well.

BufFan71 03-31-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 949337)
As a Bills fan I'm really scared of what the Jets have done this offseason. They are right up there with the Browns for having the best offseason so far.

what exactly have they done?
Faneca? we got stroud

pace? we have Jason PEters and Langston walker, plus pace is a career underachiever

Tony Richardson? its not like TR is going to make them a playoff team


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.