Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   AFC South Discussion Thread - '13 Offseason (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12752)

DChess 09-09-2007 12:01 PM

AFC South Discussion Thread - '13 Offseason

i had to start it, it was weird having the title say never.

TitanHope 09-09-2007 02:57 PM

Darn you DChess! We can't help it that us AFC Southers are a bit on the quiet side. Oh well. I was kinda hoping a Team Leader would be the one to start it...I guess you'll do. ;)

But, while I'm here, GO TITANS!!! Chris Brown is a beast of burden!

comahan 09-09-2007 03:30 PM

Three teams start 1-0 in our division.

TitanHope 09-09-2007 03:56 PM

And only because 2 of them had to play each other... We could have gone 4-0 as a division...or 2-2... But 4-0 sounds much better to my ego!

Dam8610 09-09-2007 07:54 PM

What happened to the Jaguars' run defense? Stroud + Henderson = 282 rushing yards?! :confused:

TitanHope 09-09-2007 08:12 PM

My guess is that Stroud, Heyward, and Peterson aren't 100% recovered from their injuries last year. That, and our underrated O-line played extremely well. Chris Brown would be through the line before Stroud or Henderson could even touch him. Not to mention, the Jag defense had to account for Vince Young on every play. I think Peterson was used to spy the QB, but I'm not sure.

TitanAddict 09-10-2007 10:44 PM

My theory is that Vince Young is deflecting the Madden jinx upon the rest of the AFC South. He's already hit Byron Leftwich, obviously, and I think we should count David Carr, too. I didn't expect for him to hit the Jag's run D, though. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning somehow has a down year. He lit up the Saints, but I think Manning is mentally strong enough that Vince will probably have to make eye contact in order to deflect the jinx upon him. Lesser beings, such as Leftwich and Carr, don't require eye contact.

Just my honest opinion. :)

TitanAddict 09-10-2007 10:47 PM

By the way, I want to congratulate the Texans and Jags on their improved QB situations. As an outsider looking in, it would seem that Matt Schaub and David Garrard will definitely improve your offenses.

Here's to the AFC South being the best division in football this year. Cheers!

comahan 09-10-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanAddict (Post 609515)
My theory is that Vince Young is deflecting the Madden jinx upon the rest of the AFC South. He's already hit Byron Leftwich, obviously, and I think we should count David Carr, too. I didn't expect for him to hit the Jag's run D, though. I guess we shouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning somehow has a down year. He lit up the Saints, but I think Manning is mentally strong enough that Vince will probably have to make eye contact in order to deflect the jinx upon him. Lesser beings, such as Leftwich and Carr, don't require eye contact.

Just my honest opinion. :)

If that is indeed the case, then I should thank VY for getting rid of Carr.

Thank you, Mr. Young.

yourfavestoner 09-10-2007 11:57 PM

The problem with the Jags run defense is that the defensive line has been depleted with injuries. Stroud is coming off offseason microfracture ankle surgery; Henderson's neck/shoulder/thing is tweaked or something; and Del Rio stated earlier this week that Hayward probably won't ever be the same player he was before his Achilles tear.

TitanAddict 09-11-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 609686)
The problem with the Jags run defense is that the defensive line has been depleted with injuries. Stroud is coming off offseason microfracture ankle surgery; Henderson's neck/shoulder/thing is tweaked or something; and Del Rio stated earlier this week that Hayward probably won't ever be the same player he was before his Achilles tear.

Well, that kinda hurts my Madden jinx deflection theory ... at least for the Jags run D. I still think VY will somehow hit Peyton with it, though. Maybe Peyton will deflect the jinx upon Jim Sorgi.

Madden --> VY
VY --> David Carr
VY --> Byron Leftwich
VY --> Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning --> Jim Sorgi

Mark it down ...

TitanHope 09-11-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner

That, and they can't shed blocks or tackle on the first try.

smittyjs 09-11-2007 04:35 PM

Mario Williams TD's 1
Reggie Bush TD's 0

OMG Mario Williams was the worst pick ever....:eek: not

yourfavestoner 09-11-2007 09:56 PM

I missed you smitty.

smittyjs 09-12-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 611236)
I missed you smitty.

I was busy this summer, but i'm back now.

yourfavestoner 09-12-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittyjs (Post 612269)
I was busy this summer, but i'm back now.

Good. I needed the other Pac Man fan on here.

comahan 09-12-2007 08:10 PM

Hey hey! Im a Pacman fan.

comahan 09-12-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 612377)
Good. I needed the other Pac Man fan on here.

Ediiiiiiittttttttedddddd for double post.

TitanHope 09-13-2007 08:18 PM

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...99224792.shtml

The Jacksonville Jaguars game vs the Atlanta Falcons has been blacked out and will not be televised by the local news media in Jacksonville. The team says that it still has around 4,000 tickets to sell. They are not asking for an extension, either.

I'm not exactly surprised, but its unfortunate. I know that if I couldn't see a Titans game, I'd be very upset. Sorry guys, but it seems the "L.A. Jaguars" jokes has gone from jeering to a legitimate possibility.

Pit Bull #53 09-13-2007 09:00 PM

hahahah

comahan 09-13-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 (Post 614155)

hahahah

Its actually pretty funny how theyve scripted his role in the company. Pacman pisses everyone off, and Ron Killings (the other guy there) does all the work (cause pacman cant wrestle) And after killings beats them down, pacman spraypaints "Pac" onto their back. Or in this case, he pins them to win the titles after the team hes facing turns on each other :P

TitanHope 09-14-2007 08:08 PM

Titles for PacMan: 1
Titles for the Titans: ...fudge you Goodell!

yourfavestoner 09-16-2007 11:35 PM

So is there any more doubt that David Carr sucks and Houston just needed a real quarterback?

Geo 09-16-2007 11:40 PM

I would think not, and readily admit that I was wrong. I didn't think Schaub would come in and play so well immediately, and that the offensive line would improve so much so soon with him behind center (zero sacks at Carolina surprises/impresses me greatly). Well done.

The Colts play at Houston next weekend, looks like another tough divisional game.

Shiver 09-18-2007 02:44 AM

Andre Johnson is "doubtful." The Colts just dodged a bullet.