Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   ***new Official Boxing Thread*** (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13459)

SugarSean 10-01-2007 07:13 PM

***new Official Boxing Thread***

I can't find the old one and there's no better time to start a new one than after last Saturdays fights. Berto looked good by knocking out his toughest test and the main event was just electric. I never really liked Jermain Taylor, but he showed me a lot in those first few rounds. Then, Kelly Pavlik just took over and closed the show like a champ. He's gonna be a huge star. Everybody can relate to the guy. He's an American-born white guy (most people in the US can relate to that), he's from a humble background and a struggling, rebuilding city (myself and many others from hurricane ravaged places can relate) and he's humble, well-spoken and a vicious knockout artist. Everybody likes those things. I can't wait to see the guy back in the ring in another big fight.

In addition to this, the upcoming months are filled with many of the best boxers fighting in megafights. Great time to be a boxing fan.

j05son 10-01-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarSean (Post 644349)
I can't find the old one and there's no better time to start a new one than after last Saturdays fights. Berto looked good by knocking out his toughest test and the main event was just electric. I never really liked Jermain Taylor, but he showed me a lot in those first few rounds. Then, Kelly Pavlik just took over and closed the show like a champ. He's gonna be a huge star. Everybody can relate to the guy. He's an American-born white guy (most people in the US can relate to that), he's from a humble background and a struggling, rebuilding city (myself and many others from hurricane ravaged places can relate) and he's humble, well-spoken and a vicious knockout artist. Everybody likes those things. I can't wait to see the guy back in the ring in another big fight.

In addition to this, the upcoming months are filled with many of the best boxers fighting in megafights. Great time to be a boxing fan.

Kelly Pavlik is from my hometown, Youngstown Ohio. The Ghost is amazing...32-0 with 29 KO's...

fischbowl 10-01-2007 07:24 PM

Joe Mesi=God?

bored of education 10-02-2007 11:22 AM

Some good fights comming up soon. I'm a work, but I'll voice my thoughts later.

Rob S 10-02-2007 01:18 PM

1. Kelly Pavlik Is my hero
2. Kessler-Calzaghe is the 2nd best fight in boxing
3. Cotto-Mosely is the best fight in boxing AND has a stacked undercard
4. Juan Diaz-Julio Diaz and Barrera-Pac Man and Hatton-Mayweather are pretty damned good as well.

Makes for an amazing fall-winter and a very happy Rob S.

bored of education 10-02-2007 01:58 PM

I'm happy as well!

SugarSean 10-02-2007 04:53 PM

Rob, who's on that Mosely/Cotto undercard? I can't find it anywhere.

UKfan 10-02-2007 05:02 PM

One of the fights I am really looking forward to is David Haye against Jean Marc Mormeck. I think it will really show just how good Haye is and whether he can make a real dent in the HW division. I think he's the real deal.

Rob S 10-02-2007 09:06 PM

Joel Casamayor vs. Jose Armando Santa Cruz
Bobby Pacquiao vs. TBA
Victor Ortiz vs. Carlos Maussa 10
Antonio Margarito vs. Golden Johnson

Undercard for the cotto fight. Check out boxrec for it.

SugarSean 10-03-2007 02:54 AM

I don't really check out boxrec b/c they tend to jump the gun a lil bit and post rumors as facts. That does look like a really strong card, but Margarito isn't fighting Johnson. Johnson's rematching Oscar Diaz on November 3rd on the undercard of the Glen Johnson/Tony Hanshaw card, according to Johnson himself.

bored of education 10-03-2007 06:42 AM

Is Pavlik number 2 or 3 lb 4 lb?

Rob S 10-03-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarSean (Post 646839)
I don't really check out boxrec b/c they tend to jump the gun a lil bit and post rumors as facts. That does look like a really strong card, but Margarito isn't fighting Johnson. Johnson's rematching Oscar Diaz on November 3rd on the undercard of the Glen Johnson/Tony Hanshaw card, according to Johnson himself.

espn has reported all these fights as well, just didnt feel like finding the article. Maybe Margarito will be fighting someone else, but just having him on the card is a treat imo.

Rob S 10-03-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 646903)
Is Pavlik number 2 or 3 lb 4 lb?

huh? 10 char

bored of education 10-03-2007 01:13 PM

Where does Pavlik rank now you think pound for pound top 5?

Rob S 10-03-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 647245)
Where does Pavlik rank now you think pound for pound top 5?

I think bottom of the top 10. I will post my own p4p in a little.

Rob S 10-03-2007 02:14 PM

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Bernand Hopkins
4. Joe Calzaghe
5. Winky Wright
6. Juan Manuel Marquez
7/8. Izzy Vasquez/ Rafa Marquez- 3rd fight will go a long way to determine
who is higher
9. Kelly Pavlik- no higher because he was kind of getting beaten and was
almost KOed in rd.2
10. Miguel Cotto- homer pick, maybe, But once he beats Shane he goes top 5
:)

NATIONALchamps 10-03-2007 04:41 PM

Vordenko match vs Elisov.

SugarSean 10-04-2007 05:34 PM

Well, Bob Arum is sayin that Margarito/Johnson is on the undercard for Mosely/Cotto, so I guess it is true. I don't know what Golden Johnson was talking about in his interview a week ago. This should be a very good card, although I think Cotto should walk through Shane.

bernbabybern820 10-04-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarSean (Post 649215)
Well, Bob Arum is sayin that Margarito/Johnson is on the undercard for Mosely/Cotto, so I guess it is true. I don't know what Golden Johnson was talking about in his interview a week ago. This should be a very good card, although I think Cotto should walk through Shane.

Walk through Shane? I think that it will go down to the wire.

Rob S 10-04-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarSean (Post 649215)

from your mouth to God's ears........I am expecting a life and death struggle.

SugarSean 10-08-2007 06:31 PM

Anybody watch the Pacquiao/MAB fight on Saturday? I was at that LSU/Florida and I missed it. Lemme know if it's worth checkin out on youtube or somewhere else. From what I read, it seemed like MAB aint really come to fight.

Rob S 10-08-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarSean (Post 657849)
Anybody watch the Pacquiao/MAB fight on Saturday? I was at that LSU/Florida and I missed it. Lemme know if it's worth checkin out on youtube or somewhere else. From what I read, it seemed like MAB aint really come to fight.

kinda boring......probably not worth it.

NYGibril28 10-08-2007 11:12 PM

When's Lacy going to be back in action?

Rob S 10-08-2007 11:15 PM

his shoulder is still messed up, nothing is scheduled as of now.

SugarSean 10-09-2007 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob S (Post 658980)
kinda boring......probably not worth it.

Thanks, I heard Sam Peter wasn't impressive either on Saturday.