Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Starting QB? Is your team set? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356)

01-31-2007 10:34 AM

Starting QB? Is your team set?
 
For the Browns our starting QB is Charlie Frye.

Do you think he is a future top 10-15 QB or is it best we try to draft Brady Quinn?

I ask this because QB is so essential for winning and Im crossed at who to build around.

What about other teams? Anyone not convinced with their prospects or current situations?

Sveen 01-31-2007 10:36 AM

I'm very happy with Drew Brees. :D

Splat 01-31-2007 10:45 AM

If Quinn is on the board you have to take him.

Philliez01 01-31-2007 11:10 AM

I really think Frye can be an adequate starter in the league and if Northcutt had a set of hands, Anderson would've ended out the year much better. I think it could be considered a "need" but I think the team needs more help on the OL and the DL. They have a solid core at LB with Andra Davis, Kamerion Wimbley and D'Qwell Jackson and the secondary is a bit shaky (Baxter's injuries let it look worse) but Bodden is acceptable.

I still think they should look at Alan Branch if they lose the flip and get pick #4. A guy like him can take over for the aging Ted Washington and give them a very good, young NT who can take a couple blockers with him and open up the LB'ers to make a tackle.

Freddy G 01-31-2007 11:45 AM

Charlie is the man for at least another season.

To throw him under the bus already is ridiculus.

Personally, i see good starting potential in him. I could care less if he will ever be considered a great, or better QBs in the league. As long as he does his job, and lets his natural ability to make a play shine through he should be fine. Experience, coaching, and running game will do a lot for him.

PalmerToCJ 01-31-2007 11:47 AM

We're set at QB I'd say 8)


I'm not sold on Frye, granted he was under pressure and surely that impacted it but Russell/Quinn would be rough to pass up.

FloridaFootball 01-31-2007 11:50 AM

Stick with Frye/Anderson, don't let Peterson fall out of their grips, it will haunt them for a long time.

Frye, Edwards, Winslow, Peterson = scary

eazyb81 01-31-2007 11:54 AM

I think you have to take Quinn if he's on the board, but Thomas would be a great asset for Frye or Anderson if Detroit picks up Quinn.

01-31-2007 11:54 AM

Every Browns fan has a history of overrating their players, and this is the same case...

Remember Lee Suggs, Kelly Holcomb before Frye, Kevin Johnson, and I dont even need to mention more because if your a Browns fan, you allready know what im talking about weather you admit it or not.

We all thought with the right situations, that most of our past players would be good or even great, but never once did any of them pan out.

Frye is no different, than Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, etc.....

Draft Quinn this year, and sign Kris Dielman, and an OG in the draft, wait for Bentley to come back in 08-09 and our offense will finally take a step forward. We might even be in position to take a stud runningback next year like Mcfadden etc....

01-31-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Stick with Frye/Anderson, don't let Peterson fall out of their grips, it will haunt them for a long time.
Im starting to think taking Peterson will haunt us for along time.

Look at all the 1st round talent we lost because of injury...

Cleveland gets more people hurt than any of team in NFL history literally.

Within the last 3 seasons we set a new NFL record for people on the injured list.

Peterson is allready off to a bad start. He also seems to run very straight up and down, and will get pounded by the Ravens and Steelers LB's.

The fact that our 2nd string QB is getting as many votes as Frye should also say alot.

Remember Edwards and Winslow argueing with him durring the course of the season? It shows he doesnt have there respect. And he refuse to throw the ball to JJ. He was only good outside of the pocket, which isnt a good sign for a QB. Think Jake Plummer.

Vikes99ej 01-31-2007 12:10 PM

I'd say we are with Jackson, but I don't think Childress will hesitate to go with Bollinger if Jackson struggles consistently.

eacantdraft 01-31-2007 12:37 PM

You should pick Quinn if he is there (doubt that). Frye is adequate. Anderson is Kelly Holcomb part II.

bearsfan_51 01-31-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft
You should pick Quinn if he is there (doubt that). Frye is adequate. Anderson is Kelly Holcomb part II.

Yeah pretty much. I'm friends with Charlie and even I couldn't condone not drafting Quinn because of him.

sweetness34 01-31-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft
You should pick Quinn if he is there (doubt that). Frye is adequate. Anderson is Kelly Holcomb part II.

Yeah pretty much. I'm friends with Charlie and even I couldn't condone not drafting Quinn because of him.

Sure 51...Keep telling yourself he's your friend. :P :wink:

Pit Bull #53 01-31-2007 05:55 PM

Hopefully. We shall see how he progresses. He has a longer way to go than some fans would like to think, but I am confident.

01-31-2007 08:16 PM

I really think Quinn is better allready than Frye is, and hes 3 years younger. He has alot stronger arm and will probably command more out of his players. Charlie has allready got in game day arguements with Winslow and Edwards which shows lack of leadership in certain situations. He also has been knocked countlessly for having poor practice proformances. Hes a risk taker and you cannot have that on a team that cant afford mistakes. If he played the whole season, he would have thrown 25 INT's.

Quinn also has big hands to hold onto the ball, Frye lost a fumble just about every game he played in and fumbled around 2 other times in the games but usually got them back. Quinn can hold onto a cold ball and throw it in Clevelands winter better than Frye can IMO.

Quinns upside is huge, Frye's is very limited.

Wuinn can also scrambled simular to Frye can when neccesary. I like that.

Quinn is ready for the NFL allready since hes one of the only QB's that has played in a pro style offense. hes also groomed because hes been under one of the best QB coaches on earth. Reminds me of Norm Chow and how he made it so easy for Palmer and Lienart to step in to the league.

IMO Frye isnt a certain franchise QB and Quinn is, and you cannot pass on a franchise QB if you dont allready have one.

Hurricane Ditka 01-31-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft
You should pick Quinn if he is there (doubt that). Frye is adequate. Anderson is Kelly Holcomb part II.

Yeah pretty much. I'm friends with Charlie and even I couldn't condone not drafting Quinn because of him.

Is that what they call it these days? I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist that one. Didn't you say his sister was hot?

bearsfan_51 01-31-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft
You should pick Quinn if he is there (doubt that). Frye is adequate. Anderson is Kelly Holcomb part II.

Yeah pretty much. I'm friends with Charlie and even I couldn't condone not drafting Quinn because of him.

Is that what they call it these days? I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist that one. Didn't you say his sister was hot?

Yeah she's pretty hot. I mean the fact that her brother is an NFL QB probably makes her more hot, but yeah.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 01-31-2007 08:24 PM

If Quinn's there, I think it would be an alright idea to take him, but I don't think he should be thrown into the fire right away. They need to shore up the OL in the worst way if Quinn goes there, or it can be the Michigan and LSU games all over again.

BuckNaked 01-31-2007 08:40 PM

I'm giving Jackson a year........or almost a year. I have high hopes for him.

T-RICH49 01-31-2007 08:47 PM

KC is NOT set at QB.Green is a shell of his former self

icantackleclaret 01-31-2007 08:49 PM

If Romeo doesn't win this year he is gone. That is pretty much a fact and reality now. I really can't see him giving the ok to draft another young QB. I want to see Frye do well and hope he can for the teams sake. Not to many QBs are going to come into Cleveland and turn it around without A) a running game and B) a full 3-5 secs to look down field.

sdpads24 01-31-2007 08:51 PM

Philip Rivers=14-2, ya were set.

Shiver 01-31-2007 08:51 PM

Michael Vick is the '07 starter. Cannot say beyond that. Here is his chance to step up to the plate, he needs to at least return to his Dan Reeves' production.

Matthew Jones 01-31-2007 08:53 PM

Your poll is missing the man. Ken Dorsey.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.