Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Lions Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Detroit Pistons Discussion ... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13941)

Scotty D 10-17-2007 06:55 PM

Detroit Pistons Discussion ...

We didn't have one last year? Couldn't find it atleast.

Watching the pre-season game against Denver right now. Could Samb actually be part of our future? I'm interested in the progression of Maxiell this year.

jbombul 10-17-2007 10:42 PM

i was at the game today, it was in my hometown of grand rapids. some impressions i came away with-

samb is skinny but he is very quick, he was routinely knocking down 15 footers.

flip murray looks like the flip of old, he was taking ahold of some parts of the game and i came away impressed.

i really like jarvis hayes alot, he finally gives us that guy off the bench who isn't afraid to shoot the ball, something we haven't had off the bench since possibly corliss williamson.

there were questions about affalos offensive game, but i think those questions need to be brushed aside as he is very offensively sound.

i got some pictures ill post them up in a little bit. (courtside baby!)

jbombul 10-17-2007 10:58 PM

heres those pics i promised sorry if it makes the thread really long but i dont know how to make thumbnails!

[IMG]
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/jbombul/th_bench.jpg[/IMG]

Scotty D 10-17-2007 11:33 PM

Nice pics!

WMD 10-18-2007 12:09 AM

I've only seen one of our preseason games.. I'm excited to see what Arron Afflalo can get done off the bench.. Jarvis Hayes has looked great from what I hear, too..

P-L 10-18-2007 10:06 AM

Yesterday, on 97.1/1270, they were talking about if the Pistons should inquire about Kobe. Surprisingly, about 60% of the callers said the wanted no part of him.

Scotty D 10-18-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions (Post 677012)
Yesterday, on 97.1/1270, they were talking about if the Pistons should inquire about Kobe. Surprisingly, about 60% of the callers said the wanted no part of him.

It would go against the way we built our team. Can we even offer them a realistic trade? They are going to want a PG. Would you give them Billups or Stucky? Maxiell or Amir? Would they even want Rasheed? Our draft picks are to high.

Note - You can listen live to any NBA game at NBA.com if you make an account. I think all the Pistons games are on TV, but who knows you might use it some time down the road.

jbombul 10-18-2007 10:52 AM

i can see some light comparisions of stuckey to wade, they are both physical guards and are built the same. stuckey does not have the finishing ability of wade, but he does get to the line quite a bit, he is also good for a 15-6-6 kinda game at anytime, hes one of those do all guards i also have some more pics from the game last night if anyone is interested. also, i would not any part of kobe!! :)

Scotty D 10-18-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbombul (Post 677035)
i can see some light comparisions of stuckey to wade, they are both physical guards and are built the same. stuckey does not have the finishing ability of wade, but he does get to the line quite a bit, he is also good for a 15-6-6 kinda game at anytime, hes one of those do all guards i also have some more pics from the game last night if anyone is interested. also, i would not any part of kobe!! :)

Stuckey is looking like a great pick. I heard great things about him but didn't really understand or believe until I watched him play. Should be that backup guy we needed to eat up minutes.

WMD 10-18-2007 04:23 PM

I'd love to have Kobe on the Pistons.. Though it'd probably cost us something like Rip, Rasheed, Maxiell, and Stuckey.. Probably a little more.

Our starting lineup would probably be Billups/Kobe/Tayshaun/McDyess/Nazr which wouldn't be that bad at all, IMO.. Our bigs off the bench would be thinned out, with only Amir Johnson and Cheikh Samb being capable of playing the 4/5.. And both of them are terribly inexperienced (though I have been known to have a thing for Amir Johnson <3) We'd probably sign Chris Webber after that deal..

Of course, it's not going to happen.. but yeah, I'd support Kobe in Detroit.

JPLUFF 10-18-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lions WMD (Post 677414)
I'd love to have Kobe on the Pistons.. Though it'd probably cost us something like Rip, Rasheed, Maxiell, and Stuckey.. Probably a little more.

Our starting lineup would probably be Billups/Kobe/Tayshaun/McDyess/Nazr which wouldn't be that bad at all, IMO.. Our bigs off the bench would be thinned out, with only Amir Johnson and Cheikh Samb being capable of playing the 4/5.. And both of them are terribly inexperienced (though I have been known to have a thing for Amir Johnson <3) We'd probably sign Chris Webber after that deal..

Of course, it's not going to happen.. but yeah, I'd support Kobe in Detroit.

I used Real GM's trade checker to try to find an acceptable trade scenario that would get Kobe here, and there isn't really anything I think they'd go for.

I'm sure the Lakers would want to get younger and equally talented/athletic if they were to trade Kobe, but this team doesn't have too many young athletes outside of Johnson and Stuckey. I'd love to see him in a Pistons uniform though.

asmitty45 10-23-2007 04:57 PM

unless they are willing to take Rip and Sheed plus firsts we wont be able to get him. We cant give up too much because we have some seriously unproven commodities on our bench. So if we give up too many estblished players and these rook's dont pan out immidately then we could be in for a long season.

JPLUFF 10-25-2007 10:40 AM

Stuckey broke his hand.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...71/1004/SPORTS

Scotty D 10-25-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPLUFF (Post 691131)

Atleast its not in his shooting hand, but its still horrible news. I heard one person say this is good because the time off will make him rested at the end of the season.

jbombul 10-25-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 691135)
Atleast its not in his shooting hand, but its still horrible news. I heard one person say this is good because the time off will make him rested at the end of the season.

who'd you hear that from? matt millen or somethin? cuz that person needs a mudhole stompin

JPLUFF 10-25-2007 04:36 PM

Yeah he'll be fresh by the end of the season, but he won't have any nba experience going into the playoff run.

Scotty D 10-25-2007 05:07 PM

Mudhole stompin' lol never heard that before.

Ghetto said this was our rumored trade for Kobe but got shut down or something

Kobe

for

Rip
Tayshaun
Amir
1st rounder

WMD 10-25-2007 09:09 PM

If we did that, our lineup would probably be:::

PG- Chauncey Billups / Rodney Stuckey / Lindsey Hunter
SG- Kobe Bryant / Flip Murray / Arron Afflalo / Sammy Mejia
SF- Jarvis Hayes / Ronald Dupree
PF- Antonio McDyess / Jason Maxiell
C- Rasheed Wallace / Nazr Mohammed / Cheikh Samb

Not bad.. I'd hate to get rid of Tayshaun and Amir.. Kobe is the best player in the league though.. It'd be a very tough decision.

Scotty D 10-26-2007 12:11 AM

Stucky, Rip, Sheed + 1sts

For Kobe

Would that kill our frontline to much?

WMD 10-26-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty D (Post 692444)
Stucky, Rip, Sheed + 1sts

For Kobe

Would that kill our frontline to much?

Nah.. we could even sign Chris Webber after that deal. Or trade Flip Murray and whatever else to get another big.

Scotty D 11-01-2007 10:21 PM

1-0

Tayshaun drops 34

JPLUFF 11-02-2007 03:11 PM

I only watched a little of the game, but I was impressed. I really like Jarvis Hayes' game.

What happened to Affalo though? I know he started but I missed him play.

Scotty D 11-02-2007 08:52 PM

2-0

I'm liking this team. Rasheed looks motivated.

Xiomera 11-02-2007 09:13 PM

Alright, I haven't been keeping up with the team this offseason . . . is Chris Webber coming back? I heard he got an offer to play in Europe . . .

And are we seriously going with Nazr Muhammad again? Didn't we bench him last season, never to be heard from again?

familyguy555 11-02-2007 09:41 PM

Nazr Muhammad is the saddest excuse for a basketball player. Whys he playing.