Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Structured Learning Sucks. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14397)

Moses 11-01-2007 09:03 PM

Structured Learning Sucks.

:(

Exams every Friday suck.

They suck more when the subjects are boring.

The last thing I want to be doing right now is using the following information to construct the confidence intervals specified to estimate u.

Caddy 11-01-2007 09:07 PM

Dude tell me about it. I just had to sit my final high school exam for Extension English.

The question was something like evaluate the importance of passion and detachment to crime fiction.

Turtlepower 11-01-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 703507)
Dude tell me about it. I just had to sit my final high school exam for Extension English.

The question was something like evaluate the importance of passion and detachment to crime fiction.

High school english was the easiest ever. All you had to do was bull**** like nothing else and you get an "A".

scottyboy 11-01-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 703516)
High school english was the easiest ever. All you had to do was bull**** like nothing else and you get an "A".

I'm like the best english and history essay writer in my school. Now i'm lazy and honestly dont care, unless i dont get into RU. Teachers are amazed and like WTF when they see my essays. i put the crazy studiers and crazy brainiacs to shame with my BSing of essays. it's crazy. but trig, geometry, and boring sciences suck big time

neko4 11-01-2007 09:17 PM

I hate all math like classes
Love history though
Real buff at it

Freddy G 11-01-2007 09:48 PM

I am a math guy. But it is strange because all through HS and "lower math" i was pretty average (didn't care) but as it has gotten more difficult (useful/relevant) it just kind of natural.

Yeah though, i can't to get the upper division classes where there is less structure (from what i hear) and is more dependent on your grasp (i guess is the best way to put it).

ccB 11-01-2007 11:20 PM

I have a medical terminology test every friday. This week I was overloaded with work, so I had no chance to study. I had to learn all the glands in the endocrine system, their functions, and various related disorders all in the last 8 hours. Needless to say my brain is about to explode.

ccB 11-01-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 703523)
I'm like the best english and history essay writer in my school. Now i'm lazy and honestly dont care, unless i dont get into RU. Teachers are amazed and like WTF when they see my essays. i put the crazy studiers and crazy brainiacs to shame with my BSing of essays. it's crazy. but trig, geometry, and boring sciences suck big time

Oh I will own you in the art of BS-ing a paper. I just BS-ed my way to a 100 on a paper about the effects of Traumatic Childhood Experiences on children who were prenatally exposed to alcohol.

Chaucer 11-02-2007 12:26 AM

I think this thread whole heartedly supports the thesis of this argument.

Caddy 11-02-2007 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 703516)

I really don't know what American schooling so I can't compare it to Australian stuff. Yeah the concepts and ideas are the same, but what the markers want differs. Our marking criteria's are tough as hell and if you ******** your way through it you will be lucky to get over 80%.

Turtlepower 11-02-2007 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 704256)
I really don't know what American schooling so I can't compare it to Australian stuff. Yeah the concepts and ideas are the same, but what the markers want differs. Our marking criteria's are tough as hell and if you ******** your way through it you will be lucky to get over 80%.

That's how it was for our AP (Advanced Placement) courses. Do it their way or you're out on the highway.

Caddy 11-02-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtlepower (Post 704257)
That's how it was for our AP (Advanced Placement) courses. Do it their way or you're out on the highway.

Completely restricts any creativity you may have wanted to induce into your essays. If only there was another way..

Moses 11-02-2007 06:59 PM

Done. Another one Monday but at least I can drink in peace for a night.

Oh, and I likely failed. :D

scottyboy 11-02-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang (Post 703969)
Oh I will own you in the art of BS-ing a paper. I just BS-ed my way to a 100 on a paper about the effects of Traumatic Childhood Experiences on children who were prenatally exposed to alcohol.

i just bs-ed my way through an AP(advanced placement) history essay on Andrew Jackson. I turned a 3 sentence thought on the bank of the US into a 2 page essay on why the trail of tears affected the longterm affects of america.

it was funny when the teacher threw my friends 1/2 page essay into the trash.

Chaucer 11-02-2007 11:06 PM

I envy you scottyboy. Your a hoss.

diabsoule 11-03-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 705464)
i just bs-ed my way through an AP(advanced placement) history essay on Andrew Jackson. I turned a 3 sentence thought on the bank of the US into a 2 page essay on why the trail of tears affected the longterm affects of america.

it was funny when the teacher threw my friends 1/2 page essay into the trash.

Ah, Andrew Jackson. The president I hate the most. He's #2 on my list of overrated presidents.

Cashmoney 11-03-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 705559)
Ah, Andrew Jackson. The president I hate the most. He's #2 on my list of overrated presidents.

id ask who you believe #1 is but ill pass for the safety of this thread. anyways, i just BSed my way 2 days ago through 4 essays on eli whitney, the articles of confederation, the great tea excitement and something else i dont care to remember. this test is like 50% of my grade....

litlharsh 11-03-2007 01:44 AM

One time in AP US HIST last year, when I honestly didn't feel like bullshitting anymore, I just wrote a story about J.P. Morgan and the magic lantern, and ended with a banana being a terrorist. Forgot to put my name on it, so the teacher read it to the class. It was kind of embarrassing, but mostly awesome.

I slept the ENTIRE year in that class, kinda amazed at how I got a 3 on the AP. Hell, same with Calc, I honestly was expecting 1's. Dreams can come true.

yourfavestoner 11-03-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 703523)

Welcome to my life.

litlharsh 11-03-2007 07:48 PM

Looks like NFLDC has a collection of some of the finest writing talent in the country. Who knew?

fischbowl 11-03-2007 10:40 PM

Im an semi-accomplished short-story writer. I posted my best on here a few months ago.

Anyways, I'm the top of my class in social studies. **** just comes to me.

Chaucer 11-03-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litlharsh (Post 706707)
Looks like NFLDC has a collection of some of the finest writing talent in the country. Who knew?

They all get 2000+ on their SAT's. Unfortunately most of them chose they are to good for the schools in that tier though and decide life is better other places.

jballa838 11-03-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaucer (Post 707059)
They all get 2000+ on their SAT's. Unfortunately most of them chose they are to good for the schools in that tier though and decide life is better other places.

like west virginia. #1 party school in the nation.
(looks at dchess)

draftguru151 11-03-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litlharsh (Post 706707)

I'm in the bottom 3% of the country so it balances out.

litlharsh 11-04-2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaucer (Post 707059)

...What? I don't comprehend. They score 2k on the SAT's then...

GO TO SPAIN?!