Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC North Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   All NFC North Team (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18346)

BeerBaron 02-17-2008 06:56 PM

All NFC North Team

I was bored so i decided to sling one of these together. I'm assuming some free agents who could make the list bolt (briggs, etc) so i didnt put em in there

I also added in potential as well as what we've already seen from them over several years, so just being hurt last year doesnt hurt them much

let me know what you think:

QB: Brett Favre
bQB: Jon Kitna
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Ryan Grant
FB: Tony Richardson
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Donald Driver
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Roy Williams
TE: Donald Lee
bTE: Greg Olsen

OT: Chad Clifton
OT: Mark Tauscher
bOT: Bryant McKinnie
OG: Steve Hutchinson
OG: Anthony Herrera
bOG: Roberto Garza
C: Olin Kreutz
bC: Scott Wells

DE: Aaron Kampman
DE: Adewale Ogunleye
bDE: Mark Anderson
DT: Kevin Williams
DT: Tommie Harris
bDT: Corey Williams

LB: Brian Urlacher
LB: AJ Hawk
LB: Nick Barnett
bLB: EJ Henderson

CB: Charles Woodson
CB: Charles Tillman
bCB: Nathan Vasher
bCB: Antoine Winfield
S: Darren Sharper
S: Atari Bigby
bS: Mike Brown (i had to do it, would have killed me not to)

K: Robbie Gould
P: Chris Kluwe
KR: Devin Hester

SunDevil450 02-17-2008 08:36 PM

bigby shudnt start my reasoning is i just hate him

Gay Ork Wang 02-18-2008 07:38 AM

no Briggs? ;)

BeerBaron 02-18-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renji (Post 902351)
no Briggs? ;)

lol, well, like i said, he would have been in there...i just kind of doubt hes going to be coming back to the nfc north anytime soon...

neko4 02-18-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil450 (Post 901808)
bigby shudnt start my reasoning is i just hate him

Yeah nick collins>bigby

roughrider30 02-18-2008 01:34 PM

No Al Harris?

BeerBaron 02-18-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughrider30 (Post 902807)
No Al Harris?

dude got scortched more often than not when i saw em. shouldnt have been close to the pro bowl...

Crazy_Chris 02-19-2008 06:37 PM

:| we already had a thread for this...

Anyways Matt Birk is a better C than Scott Wells. I also don't understand how you can put Corey Williams as backup DT over Pat Williams that just completely shocked me.

GB12 02-19-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 903162)
dude got scortched more often than not when i saw em. shouldnt have been close to the pro bowl...

From that statement I'm guessing you only saw the Cowboys game and NFC Championship.

And yeah, we already have this thread.

someone447 02-19-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 905698)
From that statement I'm guessing you only saw the Cowboys game and NFC Championship.

And yeah, we already have this thread.

Al Harris definitely had an off year. But I still think he is a top 4 in the North CB.

ChezPower4 02-19-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 903162)

He did not go to the Pro Bowl because of fan popularity if thats what your thinking. Players and coaches vote counts for 2/3rds of getting a pro bowl selection. I don't know what games you were watching but their weren't many corners that had a better year than Al Harris did.

bearsfan_51 02-20-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezPower4 (Post 905866)
He did not go to the Pro Bowl because of fan popularity if thats what your thinking. Players and coaches vote counts for 2/3rds of getting a pro bowl selection. I don't know what games you were watching but their weren't many corners that had a better year than Al Harris did.

Except for that whole made to look like a jackass by Plaxico Burress when it counted thing.

Besides, blaming fan voting as a Packers fan is just ridiculous. Outside of Cowboys fans there isn't a team in the NFC that has a greater pro-bowl advantage than the Packers.

TitleTown088 02-21-2008 03:55 PM

Al Harris is the most overrated packer now, I think his age is starting to show. HOWEVER, I'd still rather have him over Winfeild's midget ass.

imprint3454 02-22-2008 07:47 AM

I think you need to cite your reasons why you have Devin Hester as the kick returner.

I say that, cause I just love to see Hester's ridiculous stats. :D

DEVIN HESTER: YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!

thefridge15 02-23-2008 02:41 AM

yeah Harris should be in there over Winny

Birk over Scott Wells

And Pat Williams has to be in there at least at backup if not starting

ChezPower4 02-23-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 906641)
Except for that whole made to look like a jackass by Plaxico Burress when it counted thing.

Besides, blaming fan voting as a Packers fan is just ridiculous. Outside of Cowboys fans there isn't a team in the NFC that has a greater pro-bowl advantage than the Packers.

If we have such huge fan support for the Pro Bowl how come we went 13-3 just like the cowboys and they sent more than twice as many players(10) as we did. Which by the 6 of them in my opinon did not deserve to be there. If we had half of that support Nick Barnett would have made the pro bowl without a doubt same with Charles Woodson.

Gay Ork Wang 02-23-2008 02:23 PM

So ur reasoning is because a team is even more supported than urs, ur team is not supported?

Not a single on of the NFC South made it, u sent really quite a lot

ChezPower4 02-23-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 902800)
Yeah nick collins>bigby

Bigby is a much better safety than Collins

bearsfan_51 02-23-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezPower4 (Post 912642)
If we have such huge fan support for the Pro Bowl how come we went 13-3 just like the cowboys and they sent more than twice as many players(10) as we did. Which by the 6 of them in my opinon did not deserve to be there. If we had half of that support Nick Barnett would have made the pro bowl without a doubt same with Charles Woodson.

Probably because the players and coaches didn't vote for them. The Packers have a good all-around team, but not that many stars.

And because the Cowboys love was ridiculous.

crazyisme 02-23-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefridge15 (Post 911934)
yeah Harris should be in there over Winny

I sure as hell wouldnt, Harris is horribly overrated, inconsistant and gets away with so much holding its ridiculous

Quote:

And Pat Williams has to be in there at least at backup if not starting
i think one could argue pat over Tommie Harris too, Harris is a great DT, but you'd be hard pressed to say that hes better than Pat

Packman1957 04-11-2008 03:02 PM

Even I gotta say the Packers gotta lot of love on this team. But maybe that's just because the NFC North division kind of sucks. As a Packer fan I gotta say AJ Hawk does not deserve to be on that list, especially since the Bears got Lance Briggs.

Al Harris could maybe be on there, but I won't complain.

Gay Ork Wang 04-11-2008 03:11 PM

this one is old

gmose10 04-26-2008 11:12 AM

ya and where is Ernie Sims he had 120 tackles last year and a couple INT's and that is just in his second year with the Lions and he is just going to improve now that the Lions are finally getting a decent defense he should definately be on that list

Yatta! 12-30-2008 09:02 AM

All NFC-North 2008

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Matt Forte
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Greg Jennings
TE: Greg Olsen
OT: Bryant McKinne
OG: Steve Hutchinson
C: Olin Kreutz
OG: Daryn Colledge
OT: John Tait

DE: Jared Allen
DT: Kevin Williams
DT: Pat Williams
DE: Aaron Kampman
OLB: Lance Briggs
ILB: Brian Urlacher
OLB: Chad Greenway
CB: Charles Woodson
CB: Antoine Winfield
SS: Mike Brown
FS: Nick Collins

K: Ryan Longwell
P: Brad Maynard

KR: Danieal Manning
PR: Will Blackmon

bearsfan_51 12-30-2008 10:16 AM

That looks about right, I don't think there's anything I'd change. Maybe I would take Chad Clifton or John St. Clair and move them over to RT, as both have been better then John Tait this year.