Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Texas Longhorns Pro Day Results (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19687)

cdub11 03-19-2008 11:40 PM

Texas Longhorns Pro Day Results

i was reading this and thought i would post it in case anyone was curious about sweed, charles or the others horns.

Former Longhorns Brandon Foster and Limas Sweed impressed a bevy of NFL scouts Wednesday during Texas’ annual pro day.

Foster, a cornerback, ran a 4.28 time in the 40-yard dash. He also showed athleticism with a 38-inch vertical jump. His performance might offset the fact that Foster was measured at 5-7. That’s about two inches shorter than NFL teams would prefer.

Sweed, who is projected as a mid-to-late, first rounder, ran a 4.40, shaving nearly a tenth of a second off of the time he ran at the NFL combine last month.

Other notables from pro day:

Tight end Jermichael Finley ran a 4.62, dropping his time from the combine by .24. His time is now the second fastest run by a tight end in workouts leading up to next month’s draft.

Running back Jamaal Charles elected not to run, allowing his 4.38 time that he posted at the combine to stand. Charles did participate in position drills.

Backup safety Drew Kelson posted a 41.5-inch vertical jump and ran a 4.45. We’re checking to see if any other player in the country has jumped higher in draft workouts.

Defensive tackle Derek Lokey did 38 reps on the 225-pound bench press. He also worked out at fullback and deep snapper.

Defensive tackle Frank Okam dropped 12 pounds since his weigh-in at the combine. He is weighing 335 right now.

Safety Marcus Griffin ran a 4.5, with receiver Billy Pittman coming in at 4.56. Both were improvements of roughly .2 seconds from the combine.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...r_players.html

schmiddog 03-19-2008 11:43 PM

NFL.com has Sweed's 40's at 4.50 and 4.51....

Anyone else becoming increasingly tired of conflicting workout reports?

Sniper 03-20-2008 12:05 AM

We have a Pro Day thread....No need to clutter up the board with unnecessary threads.

LonghornsLegend 03-20-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNIPER26 (Post 959868)
We have a Pro Day thread....No need to clutter up the board with unnecessary threads.

really though, nothing special about our pro day to make a seperate thread...And I dont know that was really Sweed's time, but it doesnt matter because he's still probably the 1st wr off the board, Finley has always been a 4.6 guy and of course he's my top tight end but he looks to be an early 3rd guy, I heard Green Bay has been giving him alot of attention so he would be a good fit in their passing offense there.

toonsterwu 03-20-2008 05:54 AM

Lance Zierlein is one of the more underrated draft guys out there, and considering this is public access (Houston Chronicle), I think it's alright to publish a link.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...3/post_46.html

Anyhow, he notes, not surprisingly, that you should probably add a .1 to all the times, which makes all the numbers sound more realistic. Makes sense, most times you hear that they add a .08 or so, so a .1 seems very likely.

A Perfect Score 03-20-2008 08:11 AM

thats a really surprsing time for sweed, if its confirmed as accurate, then he is for sure the 1st WR off the board. I never expected a 4.4 flat from him. I can see him as early as #11 to buffalo with that time.

and yeah for whoever said it, im getting seriously upset with these conflicting workout times as well.

FA1 03-20-2008 08:24 AM

Toon is 100% correct. Texas has a fast track and to get a more accurate idea of their times, add .1. This happens every year that people get caught up in super pro day results. The combine is a MUCH better indication because everybody is running on the same field. If you're a scientist, which experiment do you trust, the one where the environment is a control or a variable?

keylime_5 03-20-2008 08:28 AM

I've learned long ago that film is about 100x more important than these dumb pro day workouts.

MetSox17 03-20-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Perfect Score (Post 960094)
thats a really surprsing time for sweed, if its confirmed as accurate, then he is for sure the 1st WR off the board. I never expected a 4.4 flat from him. I can see him as early as #11 to buffalo with that time.

and yeah for whoever said it, im getting seriously upset with these conflicting workout times as well.

It was a 4.5 flat and a 4.51
And wasn't the newly put track at the combine supposed to be a fast track as well? And besides, how did he get a whole lot faster than he did
at the combine? he ran an official 4.52 i believe, so what's the deal?

I was impressed with how Marcus Griffin recovered from his horrible
combine 40

jasonatchley 03-20-2008 09:25 AM

drew kelson looked amazing.