Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Running backs on the block (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2193)

ricky bobby 02-27-2007 07:12 AM

Running backs on the block
 
There have been rumors that several RBs may be on the trading block. Here is a list. Tell me if your think they will move, where to, and for what price.

Michael Turner (RFA)
Clinton Portis or Betts
Larry Johnson
Thomas Jones
Tatum Bell
Willis McGahee

Notredameleo 02-27-2007 07:14 AM

I would love for the Lions to get Bell or Jones because KJ's career may be in jeopardy.

DiG 02-27-2007 07:24 AM

if your gonna put portis you should add betts.

Ronnie23 02-27-2007 07:39 AM

Julius Jones
 
I Think Julius Jones is On Trade Block too, with the Emergence of Barber III

tylerb929 02-27-2007 08:43 AM

Since when is Larry Johnson on the trading block? That would be CENSOR EVASION.

roidrunner 02-27-2007 08:49 AM

and how many will actually be traded. 1 maybe 2. people come and go on and off the trade block. its no big deal

JoeMontainya 02-27-2007 10:48 AM

"Michael Turner (RFA)"

I really want this guy, but dont think the Chargers are desperate to move him. They might still be asking for a RD1 pick which is way to much for an unproven.

With recent RB's on the trade block maybe his stock will drop and if the Chargers do trade him, I would only give a 3rd and a conditional pick in 2008 depending on his productivity (a RD2 to RD7 pick)

Acreboy 02-27-2007 11:45 AM

LJ is not on the block...

FloridaFootball 02-27-2007 12:07 PM

Clinton Portis is staying with the Redskins.

njx9 02-27-2007 12:09 PM

i love these definitive, unsourced "facts". there were articles stating that LJ might be on the block, due to behavioural issues (for one). there were rumors earlier in the offseason that portis might be on the move. do you have something that refutes those articles?

FloridaFootball 02-27-2007 12:10 PM

McGahee is the biggest possibility of having a new team.

RaiderNation 02-27-2007 12:23 PM

mcgahee and jones are the only ones getting trade out of them probably. i would love to have mcgahee in sliver and black

roidrunner 02-27-2007 12:41 PM

i hope julius jones would come to GB, hopefully he can knock off the injury bug.

Jughead10 02-27-2007 12:52 PM

According to John Clayton the Giants already offered a 4th round pick for McGahee. But obviously the Bills are weighing more options and want more.

sodar21 02-27-2007 05:40 PM

Ladell Betts should be starting somewhere.

DiG 02-27-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaFootball (Post 170648)
Clinton Portis is staying with the Redskins.

this man speaks the truth.

sdpads24 02-27-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMontainya (Post 170395)
"Michael Turner (RFA)"

I really want this guy, but dont think the Chargers are desperate to move him. They might still be asking for a RD1 pick which is way to much for an unproven.

With recent RB's on the trade block maybe his stock will drop and if the Chargers do trade him, I would only give a 3rd and a conditional pick in 2008 depending on his productivity (a RD2 to RD7 pick)

Well I doubt Aj is gonna accept anything less than a 2 and 3 or a 1 and 4. He is too stingy of a guy. He would rather keep him for a final year then get nothing in return next year

ricky bobby 02-27-2007 06:30 PM

LJ may be on the block because KC does not want to resign him to a huge deal, which is what he wants. Happy??

jetsfan3 02-27-2007 06:38 PM

If Portis is on the block, I would want the Jets to trade their first for him any day. What would be his price?

art vandelay 02-27-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 170813)
According to John Clayton the Giants already offered a 4th round pick for McGahee. But obviously the Bills are weighing more options and want more.

Wow, what a slap in the face to McGahee. He's at least worth a 2nd.

asmitty45 02-27-2007 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notredameleo (Post 169830)
I would love for the Lions to get Bell or Jones because KJ's career may be in jeopardy.

His career is not in Jeopardy, he's trying to get back for training camp

My favorite of that list is betts, if we would get another HB id LOVE to have betts

hugegmenfan 02-27-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie23 (Post 169852)
I Think Julius Jones is On Trade Block too, with the Emergence of Barber III

i believe the cowboys, if im not mistaken, r really into the dual back system and jones is a good complement to barber- i think that would b dumb if u guys got rid of him


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.