Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Falcons Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Which day 2 pick will have the biggest impact in rookie year? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22315)

Bosanac01 05-04-2008 04:27 PM

Which day 2 pick will have the biggest impact in rookie year?
 
I say Chevis Jackson because i think he'll play a lot more then the rest.

BamaFalcon59 05-04-2008 05:30 PM

Chevis Jackson is the only one on the list that figures to get significant playing time, so I would say it is him.

kiranadwaney 05-04-2008 08:32 PM

I think a few weeks into the season Chevis Jackson will get the opportunity to start opposite Chris Houston. The others wont get the opportunity to play much unless on special teams. I think Thomas DeCoud will have the biggest impact in his career but will not replace coleman or milloy yet.

Bosanac01 05-04-2008 09:04 PM

You don't know how much a player will play. Someone could be cut or there could be injuries so you never know, someone other then Chevis might get a lot of playing time.

BamaFalcon59 05-04-2008 09:07 PM

That is true. I could see Milloy, Keith Brooking, or Joe Horn getting cut; any of those cuts would open the way for other players. I think Brooking being cut would let Nicholas step in rather than James, though. Joe Horn should stick around, he is a professional and helps the young wide receivers out a lot. I love Milloy and he played great last year. The only way I would release him is if we thought Jimmy Williams could step in.

thefalconer 05-04-2008 09:30 PM

no way milloy gets cut. hes one of our few leaders. if anyone brooking should be cut because his age is really showing in his game and we have a leader in milloy for our defense. i know it isnt that easy to just label milloy as the leader of the whole defense since hes secondary so we need all our vets especially with dunn and crumpler gone.

obviously it will be jackson just since he was a higher pick and he'll see more time on the field but decoud might make some great plays on ST. while i hope im wrong, i see jackson much like houston last year being overly physical past the 5 yards because they dont wanna get beat. both arent quick cover guys so they need to keep everything in front of them which might be hard against galloway and smith twice a year. our front seven needs to be solid in run defense so that coleman and milloy can help our young corners develop without the immediate shock of having to play man-to-man in the nfl.

Bosanac01 05-04-2008 11:48 PM

Chevis Jackson!!
You guys gonna love me for this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAI4deTq8wA
Check out his feet!!

thefalconer 05-04-2008 11:53 PM

his hips concern me but yeah his feet are quick and great.

Bosanac01 05-05-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefalconer (Post 1056351)
his hips concern me but yeah his feet are quick and great.

his athleticism and size is great. From what i've seen his hips are fine.

BamaFalcon59 05-05-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosanac01 (Post 1056381)
his athleticism and size is great. From what i've seen his hips are fine.

By most indications he is stiff and slow. He is quick, and I like his size, intelligence, and ball skills. But he definitely is not a 'great athlete' in comparison to most top NFL cornerbacks.

ATLDirtyBirds 05-05-2008 09:31 PM

It's Chevis. Simply because he is the only one who is projected to start.

Shiver 05-05-2008 09:37 PM

What helps Chevis is that we figured to run a lot of zone coverages, which masks some of his problems and maximizes his strengths. I worry about Chris Houston in this kind of defensive scheme though.

Bosanac01 05-05-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 1057616)
What helps Chevis is that we figured to run a lot of zone coverages, which masks some of his problems and maximizes his strengths. I worry about Chris Houston in this kind of defensive scheme though.

I think Chevis is the best corner on the team, even better then Chris Houston yes.

BamaFalcon59 05-11-2008 01:54 PM

When I saw Airforce play, Chad Hall stood out a lot to me. I was suprised when I found out we got him. I like him, hope he can compete with Thomas Brown for the number three runningback job.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiWrWRnUsEM

thefalconer 05-11-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 1063604)
When I saw Airforce play, Chad Hall stood out a lot to me. I was suprised when I found out we got him. I like him, hope he can compete with Thomas Brown for the number three runningback job.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WiWrWRnUsEM

he's a hometown boy. went to high school at wesleyan, right down the street from where i live. i didnt know we signed him. he seems pretty small for the bigs but maybe as a PR/KR he can make the team. i really want brown to make our team so can't agree with you there. on the air force site, he's listed as a WR.

BamaFalcon59 05-11-2008 03:23 PM

He played a ton of RB for them in their option attack. Head Coach Mike Smith said we are going to give him a shot at returning punts.

Bosanac01 05-11-2008 04:20 PM

i doubt he makes the team for anything other then returner. As of now he doesn't have much competition.

Bosanac01 05-11-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefalconer (Post 1063667)
he's a hometown boy. went to high school at wesleyan, right down the street from where i live. i didnt know we signed him. he seems pretty small for the bigs but maybe as a PR/KR he can make the team. i really want brown to make our team so can't agree with you there. on the air force site, he's listed as a WR.

we signed all these guys...

No. 5 Gerald Landry (WR, Southern)
No. 11 Tony Gonzalez (WR, Boston College)
No. 16 C.J. Hawthorne (WR, Hawaii)
No. 17 A. J. Bryant (WR, Georgia)
No. 20 Chad Hall (RB, Air Force)
No. 40 Eric Brock (S, Auburn)
No. 48 Jamal Lewis (S, Georgia Tech)
No. 79 Eric Butler (DT, Washburn)

thefalconer 05-11-2008 06:21 PM

if we hold onto chad hall, i want jennings gone. what a waste of roster space.

D-Rod 05-12-2008 03:50 AM

Interesting that we went back to Washburn to get another DT. I suppose it worked with Trey, why not try again?

Bosanac01 05-12-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Rod (Post 1064719)
Interesting that we went back to Washburn to get another DT. I suppose it worked with Trey, why not try again?

Eric Butler is pretty good, he could get a spot and one of the signees could be released.

scar988 05-14-2008 10:10 AM

I see Thomas Decoud winning the FS or SS spot in camp and Erik Coleman gettign the other one.

D-Rod 05-14-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 1067980)
I see Thomas Decoud winning the FS or SS spot in camp and Erik Coleman gettign the other one.

I'd be amazed if Milloy is not starting. The team has to keep some leadership. As it is, we basically have only one >4-yr veteran at each level of the defense: Milloy in the secondary, Brooking in the LBs, Abraham on the DL.

DeCoud may well get some snaps over the course of the season, and may well be the primary backup at both safety spots, but I don't see him starting.

Bosanac01 05-14-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Rod (Post 1068060)
I'd be amazed if Milloy is not starting. The team has to keep some leadership. As it is, we basically have only one >4-yr veteran at each level of the defense: Milloy in the secondary, Brooking in the LBs, Abraham on the DL.

DeCoud may well get some snaps over the course of the season, and may well be the primary backup at both safety spots, but I don't see him starting.

you never know, milloy could very well be cut. We are a rebuilding team right now.

D-Rod 05-15-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosanac01 (Post 1068814)
you never know, milloy could very well be cut. We are a rebuilding team right now.

Yeah, but you have to rebuild on some kind of leadership foundation. Also, it's not like Milloy has a super high cap number, or there is a particular reason to create cap room.

It would be terrible for morale to cut a guy like Milloy, especially now that we are into OTAs etc.

I would be astonished if we cut Milloy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.