Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC North Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Best by Position: OT (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22329)

neko4 05-04-2008 08:30 PM

Best by Position: OT
 
I think this one goes to Green Bay, we have arguably the best LT and and the best RT in the division.

Brothgar 05-04-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 1056127)
I think this one goes to Green Bay, we have arguably the best LT and and the best RT in the division.

I'd like to put my vote to that specially at LT.

neko4 05-04-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 1056137)
I'd like to put my vote to that specially at LT.

then why did you vote minnesota?

regoob2 05-04-2008 08:34 PM

I think the Bears will have some good play from the OT position, with that said I vote for the packers.

Brothgar 05-04-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 1056142)
then why did you vote minnesota?

Well This one is harder for me I think McKinnie is one of the best LTs in the League but Cook is not really a great RT.... so I went with Minni just cuz the LT is more important than RT.

neko4 05-04-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broth223 (Post 1056148)
Well This one is harder for me I think McKinnie is one of the best LTs in the League but Cook is not really a great RT.... so I went with Minni just cuz the LT is more important than RT.

Clifton isnt far behind McKinnie, but Cook isnt half as good as Tauscher

neko4 05-04-2008 08:47 PM

wow, really, minnesota is winning?

PACKmanN 05-04-2008 08:49 PM

Just ask the Vikings fans how they fell about Cooks pass and run blocking, and McKinnie about his pass blocking. Hands down, the vets in GB win this.

Zbikowski_9 05-04-2008 08:50 PM

If, like the QB thread we are saying who will be the best by the end of the season, i think the Pack tackles might regress.

My reasoning is both through age and not having a qb whos keen pocket awarness and quick release make them look better by minimising sacks. Add to that they will face alot of good pass rushing DEs this year including Jarred Allen twice. And i think McKinnie will come out with a chip on his shoulder after a possible suspesion and play with a bit of fire (the one thing holding him back). Cook has the physicall tools and 2 years of development under his belt and i could see him making big strides this year - similar to Herrera.
Just my opinion

BeerBaron 05-04-2008 08:51 PM

i voted minny because i thought it was the whole o-line. wondered why no mention of hutch.......figured it out immediatley afterwards

ah well....

Zbikowski_9 05-04-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACKmanN (Post 1056183)
Just ask the Vikings fans how they fell about Cooks pass and run blocking, and McKinnie about his pass blocking. Hands down, the vets in GB win this.

i feel good about Cooks running blocking. Couldnt be happier actualy

PACKmanN 05-04-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 (Post 1056184)
If, like the QB thread we are saying who will be the best by the end of the season, i think the Pack tackles might regress.

My reasoning is both through age and not having a qb whos keen pocket awarness and quick release make them look better by minimising sacks. Add to that they will face alot of good pass rushing DEs this year including Jarred Allen twice. And i think McKinnie will come out with a chip on his shoulder after a possible suspesion and play with a bit of fire (the one thing holding him back). Cook has the physicall tools and 2 years of development under his belt and i could see him making big strides this year - similar to Herrera.
Just my opinion

you can say possibly, but I can say possibly with every other position. FACTS are that GB OT, at this moment, are better then the others. Just like the other teams players are better at this moment.

Zbikowski_9 05-04-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACKmanN (Post 1056191)
you can say possibly, but I can say possibly with every other position. FACTS are that GB OT, at this moment, are better then the others. Just like the other teams players are better at this moment.

That is my exact argument fo Aaron Rodgers, but this poll (to my understanding of the statement in the first poll) is what you think will happen by the end of the season. So IMO regrssion of the Pack, progression of the Vikings and external factors (pass rush) equals my decision. But yes at this second the Pack are better

Smokey Joe 05-04-2008 11:17 PM

I think both Green Bay tackles are overrated, and I don't see them having years like they did last year. Minnesota has the best LT. Tait is probably now the best RT in the division. Add that to the fact Chris Williams will own, and I voted Bears :)

BeerBaron 05-04-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey Joe (Post 1056380)
I think both Green Bay tackles are overrated, and I don't see them having years like they did last year. Minnesota has the best LT. Tait is probably now the best RT in the division. Add that to the fact Chris Williams will own, and I voted Bears :)

compelling arguments...i would like to see chris williams play as well as i hope he does first though....

Yatta! 05-05-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey Joe (Post 1056380)
I think both Green Bay tackles are overrated, and I don't see them having years like they did last year. Minnesota has the best LT. Tait is probably now the best RT in the division. Add that to the fact Chris Williams will own, and I voted Bears :)

Oh no too much homerism. Tait is probably now the best RT in the division ?!? Tauscher should have been close to the Probowl last year.

neko4 05-05-2008 04:24 PM

Winner is Green Bay



KCJ58 05-05-2008 04:30 PM

call me crazy but i like what Chicago has done, i think they have the best

Crazy_Chris 05-05-2008 05:34 PM

Chad Clifton and Bryant McKennie are both good LT's you could make a case for either one as being better but Ryan Cook's Pass Protection is absolutly horrid especially compared to Tauscher so I would vote Packers on this one.

Thunder&Lightning 05-06-2008 09:42 AM

GB no contest

asmitty45 05-06-2008 12:34 PM

I'll give it to GB. No one else is all that close.

johbur 06-03-2008 11:25 PM

GB in a landslide vote...

Dr. Gonzo 11-10-2008 02:29 PM

I seems the whole division fails in OT play.

Gay Ork Wang 11-10-2008 02:33 PM

NFCN: Just sack us, we will help

Twiddler 11-10-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 1306068)
I seems the whole division fails in OT play.

Yeah, there's no real "winner" here. Just a team who loses less.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.