Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC North Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Best by Position: DT (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22374)

neko4 05-06-2008 05:30 PM

Best by Position: DT
 
This one could go many ways. Vikes have the best two starters, but not much depth to speak of.
Green Bay and Chicago have pretty good depth.

Yatta! 05-06-2008 05:32 PM

I think we should just skip this one and move on. Surely its the Vikings, best tandem in the league although the depth leaves something to be desired.

KCJ58 05-06-2008 06:02 PM

Kevin & Pat get the vote

princefielder28 05-06-2008 06:04 PM

Vikings w/o a doubt

BeerBaron 05-06-2008 07:13 PM

fat pat and kevin williams win it for the vikes. theyre such a good pair of starters that no depth can really outdo that...

Zbikowski_9 05-06-2008 07:14 PM

Deph isnt bad, Wyms has started most of his career and they are high on their young guys. I cant belive 2 people voted Packers. Take off your green shades lol

neko4 05-06-2008 08:04 PM

You need to take off your shades. You voted Minnesota to have the best group of DE's. They have ONE good DE. Ray Edwards would struggle to start in Green Bay and Udeze is out. If Udeze wasnt out then I could maybe see Minnesota, but aside from Allen I dont really fear Minny's DEs. Plus he's maybe a bit better than Kampman.

BeerBaron 05-06-2008 08:10 PM

i think the vikes may have this one man....call it

and im interested to see the LBs and CBs. should be an easy call both times i feel but the homerism that keeps popping up may make it interesting....

awfullyquiet 05-06-2008 08:10 PM

Here's the thing. The vikes are very one dimensional DT's. Neither are good pass-rushers.

Sure they can absolutely crush the rushing game. but they add zero value to the pass rush.

neko4 05-06-2008 08:12 PM




Minny wins!

Zbikowski_9 05-06-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 1058628)
You need to take off your shades. You voted Minnesota to have the best group of DE's. They have ONE good DE. Ray Edwards would struggle to start in Green Bay and Udeze is out. If Udeze wasnt out then I could maybe see Minnesota, but aside from Allen I dont really fear Minny's DEs. Plus he's maybe a bit better than Kampman.

You said yourself that these polls are for what we think will happen by the end of the season.

And I think that Ray Edwards will be highly respected as he will face one on one match ups against right tackles and realy up his stats. I think Robinson showed me enough that he is a great situational rusher and will make a nice impact when injected on passing games.

I LOVE Kampman, but Jenkins disapeared last year and KGB is ageing, hense why i didn't pick them.

So know that i justified myself, you can tell me why the Packers have a better Defensive tackle unit than the Vikes.

neko4 05-06-2008 08:17 PM

Depth and potential.
Harrell was coming off an injury last year and has alot of potential.
Cullen Jenkins when shifted inside on passing situations provided adequte pass rush. Also what he didnt do in getting pressure from the end spot he kind of made up for in great play against the run.
Johnny Jolly will take over right where Corey WIlliams left off, if he lives up to potential.
Colin Cole is a servicable backup.
Ryan Pickett is a very good run stuffer.

Zbikowski_9 05-06-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfullyquiet (Post 1058643)
Here's the thing. The vikes are very one dimensional DT's. Neither are good pass-rushers.

Sure they can absolutely crush the rushing game. but they add zero value to the pass rush.

LOL. Kevin Williams has twice had double digit sack numbers and he could post big numbers again now that line will have to push out to deal with Allen, Ellis Wyms knows how to get at the QB and Fred Evans even showed some pass rush ability.

Zbikowski_9 05-06-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 1058660)
Depth and potential.
Harrell was coming off an injury last year and has alot of potential.
Cullen Jenkins when shifted inside on passing situations provided adequte pass rush. Also what he didnt do in getting pressure from the end spot he kind of made up for in great play against the run.
Johnny Jolly will take over right where Corey WIlliams left off, if he lives up to potential.
Colin Cole is a servicable backup.
Ryan Pickett is a very good run stuffer.

Look it is by no means a bad group, and i think any coach would be stoked with that commity, however, do you honestly beleive that they are better than an All-Pro and a second team All-Pro tandum, who are backed up by Ellis Wyms (a member of a dominant Tampa outfit, and two guys with potential that the team is high on (just like you have lited 2 people with potential)

regoob2 05-06-2008 08:25 PM

I dont care about depth in this vote its minny.

neko4 05-06-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 (Post 1058677)
Look it is by no means a bad group, and i think any coach would be stoked with that commity, however, do you honestly beleive that they are better than an All-Pro and a second team All-Pro tandum, who are backed up by Ellis Wyms (a member of a dominant Tampa outfit, and two guys with potential that the team is high on (just like you have lited 2 people with potential)

Yes, i can believe. Especially considering Fat pat is 36. Although DT's can be good run stuffers till theyre old, there is a good chance that he can have a dropoff in play. And im not entirely trying to say our group is better, im just saying its not unreasonable to think that way. Like its not unreasonable to think Favre is the best QB ever. May or may not be right, but its not a crazy statement

Zbikowski_9 05-06-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 1058690)
Yes, i can believe. Especially considering Fat pat is 36. Although DT's can be good run stuffers till theyre old, there is a good chance that he can have a dropoff in play. And im not entirely trying to say our group is better, im just saying its not unreasonable to think that way. Like its not unreasonable to think Favre is the best QB ever. May or may not be right, but its not a crazy statement

Its cool, at least you justified it, i'll tell you one thing after going through these polls, all the people saying the North is week are gonna have to eat their words, 3 of the best D's in the NFL

toonsterwu 05-09-2008 09:57 AM

So, I guess I'm a rebel with a cause. Going against the grain here and picking Green Bay. I think they have the ability and depth to be a superb unit. Minnesota lacks depth. Chicago might be there, but so much is unknown about Dvoracek and Harrison. I will say this, though. If Dusty is healthy or Marcus is on his game, along with Tommie Harris healthy, the Bears might end up being the best DT grouping.

regoob2 05-09-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonsterwu (Post 1061437)
So, I guess I'm a rebel with a cause. Going against the grain here and picking Green Bay. I think they have the ability and depth to be a superb unit. Minnesota lacks depth. Chicago might be there, but so much is unknown about Dvoracek and Harrison. I will say this, though. If Dusty is healthy or Marcus is on his game, along with Tommie Harris healthy, the Bears might end up being the best DT grouping.

If Tommie can stay healthy for a full season.

Crazy_Chris 05-09-2008 01:43 PM

Williams Wrecking Crew FTW!

Vikes99ej 05-09-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfullyquiet (Post 1058643)
Here's the thing. The vikes are very one dimensional DT's. Neither are good pass-rushers.

Sure they can absolutely crush the rushing game. but they add zero value to the pass rush.

You saying Kevin Williams isn't a good pass rusher is like me saying Chad Pennington has a strong arm.

The Vikings win this one, hands down. I can't believe 9 people voted for the Packers and Lions.

asmitty45 05-09-2008 09:51 PM

Vikings, not even close

Packman1957 05-11-2008 09:55 PM

Gotta give this one to the Vikings.

As far as depth is concerned, I like the Packers though.

johbur 06-04-2008 12:45 AM

I voted Chicago with the belief that Tommie Harris will be healthy. He is far and away the best DT in the division and probably competes with Justin Tuck for league honors. I don't care about the "run stopping" DT. I saw an 18-0 team get smacked in large part because of what an amazing interior pass rusher can do. Tuck gave it to GB all game too. Tommie Harris has DPOY potential, which I don't see in any other DT in the division.

Dr. Gonzo 06-04-2008 11:52 PM

I don't know if you realize this but Kevin and Pat Williams play in the division. They are arguably two of the top 5 DT's in the league.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.