Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   NFC South HBs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22406)

saintsfan912 05-07-2008 05:14 PM

NFC South HBs
 
Who has the best backfield in the NFC South. This includes FBs.

saintsfan912 05-07-2008 05:37 PM

If JStew produces, Carolina will be scary.

Thunder&Lightning 05-08-2008 10:44 AM

With Mcalister being healthy this year bush can become a major threat.

Caddy 05-08-2008 11:01 AM

This is a tough one. The Saints and Bucs have had some bad injuries to RB's in the past and the Falcons and Panthers have brought in some new players.

1. Buccaneers: Earnest Graham proved he can carry the load with double figure TD's. Warrick Dunn and Michael Bennett are good backup options and if Caddy comes back healthy this unit should be extremely solid.

2. Saints: Bush has a lot of potential and if utilized correctly, he should improve. Factor in Deuce McAllister who is a solid between the tackle runner and you have a solid two-pronged attack. If Deuce is unfit this group drops to 3rd, maybe 4th.

3. Falcons: I am anxious to see Turner get more carries before Atlanta move up a few spots. I hope Norwood still gets a good proportion of the carries because he is a true homerun threat.

4. Panthers: The only reason the Panthers are 4th is because J-Stew hasn't proven he can be a pro level running back. If him and Williams strike up a good combo they could easily move up to 1st.

neko4 05-08-2008 07:23 PM

Lot of good backs in this division
DeAngleo Williams
Johnathon Stewart
Deuce McCallister
Reggie Bush
Michael Turner
Jerious Norwood
Earnest Graham
Caddy
Michael Bennett
Warrick Dunn
And the other guy the saints got who's name i cant remember

saintsfan912 05-08-2008 08:33 PM

Pierre Thomas and Aaron Stecker.

neko4 05-08-2008 08:34 PM

yeah, thanks

toonsterwu 05-09-2008 09:59 AM

They might not have the best run game, but I think the Atlanta Falcons have the best RB/FB unit. They have Turner in between the tackles and Norwood as an explosive guy. Mughelli is a solid FB. Carolina could be the best, but a lot if unknown about Jonathan Stewart AND DeAngelo Williams.

Crazy_Chris 05-09-2008 02:17 PM

All the RB corps have question marks in this division. I really like the potential Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams have but Stew is unproven so it's hard to go with them. Reggie has disapointed so far Duece is coming of another injury which makes it hard for me to go with them either. While Earnest Graham is goodCadilac Williams is coming off a pretty bad injury. Who knows if Michael Turner can carry the load and Jerious is a great compliment, but the Falcons also have a questionable O-line. This was a hard choice but in the end I like Jonathan Stewart too much so I went with the panthers.

xooberon 05-09-2008 06:02 PM

it's not really fair to go with the panthers here because it's all potential. i like atlanta's RB's so i'll vote for them

saintsfan912 05-09-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xooberon (Post 1061947)
it's not really fair to go with the panthers here because it's all potential. i like atlanta's RB's so i'll vote for them

Atlanta is the definition of potential. Norwood hasn't proved alot yet, Turner hasn't done anything on his own yet and do they even have a fullback?

TigerBait45 05-09-2008 06:27 PM

They've got a pretty good fullback, actually.

saintsfan912 05-09-2008 06:31 PM

Who is it now? Is he better than Karney?

xooberon 05-09-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan912 (Post 1061981)
Atlanta is the definition of potential. Norwood hasn't proved alot yet, Turner hasn't done anything on his own yet and do they even have a fullback?

yeah they have a great fullback with mughelli. norwood has proved to be effective as a change of pace back (i'm guessing that's the role he'll play?) and turner has never been given the oppertunity to carry the load but ultimately he has at least proven something in the league as opposed to stewart

saintsfan912 05-09-2008 06:32 PM

**** dude, Pierre Thomas has proved just as much as Turner has. And he's our 3rd HB. Hell Stecker is pretty damn good as well. Karney is a beast too.

TigerBait45 05-09-2008 06:40 PM

Pierre Thomas hasn't proved anything. One game is nothing dude.

I like the guy and I think he could end up being a really solid player, but Turner's been better than you think for a few years now.

saintsfan912 05-09-2008 06:46 PM

He's been a solid backup, just like Pierre has. The Saints obviously knew something about him to keep him over Pittman. Not to mention, he started over Mendenhall at Illinois, not too shabby. Stecker has proved more than Turner. Now if you want to talk about potential, then sure. But the Saints have 2 proven backs in Deuce (Barring any injuries) and Stecker. You can't say any HB in the South has steadily produced as much as this guy has.

Sniper 05-09-2008 08:36 PM

Reggie Bush is going to learn that four yards is better than -2 yards and rush for over 1200 yards and catch 600+. That's my story and I'm sticking to it,

TigerBait45 05-09-2008 09:17 PM

Hes got the pure ability to be a bigger, faster Brian Westbrook.

It took Westbrook a while to get adjusted to the pro-game, too, and look what hes done lately.

Everyone's ready to jump on the "Bush is a Bust" bandwagon because of what he did at USC, and its really not fair to him. Hes still a young guy with a bunch of time (and willingness) to improve his game.

A little added muscle weight will do him a lot of good.

BamaFalcon59 05-09-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerBait45 (Post 1062223)
Hes got the pure ability to be a bigger, faster Brian Westbrook.

It took Westbrook a while to get adjusted to the pro-game, too, and look what hes done lately.

Everyone's ready to jump on the "Bush is a Bust" bandwagon because of what he did at USC, and its really not fair to him. Hes still a young guy with a bunch of time (and willingness) to improve his game.

A little added muscle weight will do him a lot of good.

I disagree on the last bit. He needs to drop weight. If I am the Saints I drafted him to be explosive, it seems to be he has tried to gain weight in an effort to handle more offensive touches and it has sapped some of his explosivenes.

Sniper 05-09-2008 11:10 PM

Sean Payton also needs to chuck his Madden playbook in the trash and stop using it on Bush.

LonghornsLegend 05-10-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan912 (Post 1062012)
He's been a solid backup, just like Pierre has. The Saints obviously knew something about him to keep him over Pittman. Not to mention, he started over Mendenhall at Illinois, not too shabby. Stecker has proved more than Turner. Now if you want to talk about potential, then sure. But the Saints have 2 proven backs in Deuce (Barring any injuries) and Stecker. You can't say any HB in the South has steadily produced as much as this guy has.

Why do I get the feeling that you would make an argument that the Saints are the best at every position?

SaintsMan 05-11-2008 04:36 PM

Turner & Norwood for the win.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.