Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   NFC South WR/TEs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22407)

saintsfan912 05-07-2008 05:16 PM

NFC South WR/TEs
 
Who are the South's best?

Caddy 05-08-2008 10:49 AM

1. Panthers: Steve Smith is a stud and having Moose and bringing in Hackett certainly helps. If they had a quality TE they would be studly.

2. Buccaneers: I really wasn't sure whether the Bucs deserve this spot but nobody really stood out for me. Galloway is great and Ike Hilliard is Mr Third Down. Alex Smith and Ben Troupe should be good receiving threats.

3. Falcons: Roddy White is looking as if he could turn into a stud but nobody else on the team really excites me that much.

4. Saints: Marques Colston is great, but everybody else just screams mediocrity. Jeremy Shockey would have helped a lot.

saintsfan912 05-08-2008 06:35 PM

I might be able to agree with Carolina #1 but the rest aren't better than the Saints corp. Colston is the 2nd best WR in the South. Patten is "Mr. Third Down". Henderson is the deep threat and Copper seems to get the job done no matter how much we hate him. Meachem will be a stud this year, just wait.

Tampa 2 4 life 05-08-2008 06:37 PM

1. Panthers
2. Saints
3. Falcons
4. Amarri Jackson.

Caddy 05-08-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan912 (Post 1060961)
I might be able to agree with Carolina #1 but the rest aren't better than the Saints corp. Colston is the 2nd best WR in the South. Patten is "Mr. Third Down". Henderson is the deep threat and Copper seems to get the job done no matter how much we hate him. Meachem will be a stud this year, just wait.

Colston is great, there is no denying that fact, but the rest of their wide receiving corp doesn't do anything for me. When your argument is based loosely around the term "So-and-So will be a stud, just wait" then I think a few problems arise.

Tampa 2 4 life 05-08-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1061208)
Colston is great, there is no denying that fact, but the rest of their wide receiving corp doesn't do anything for me. When your argument is based loosely around the term "So-and-So will be a stud, just wait" then I think a few problems arise.

Amarri Jackson will win a roster spot over Bryant.

Galloway
Clayton
Hilliard
Stovall
Jackson
Warren(If we decide to carry 6)

We officially can't talk.

saintsfan912 05-08-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1061208)
Colston is great, there is no denying that fact, but the rest of their wide receiving corp doesn't do anything for me. When your argument is based loosely around the term "So-and-So will be a stud, just wait" then I think a few problems arise.

Well I sure as hell don't know of any good WRs in Tampa, Atlanta or Carolina other than Smith, Galloway or Roddy.

Caddy 05-09-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan912 (Post 1061238)
Well I sure as hell don't know of any good WRs in Tampa, Atlanta or Carolina other than Smith, Galloway or Roddy.

That statement doesn't further your argument so it is redundant. The thing that made Tampa stand out over the Saints for me was a solid group of TE's which I think the Saints are lacking. If you acquired Shockey then we could talk. And as far as I'm concerned Carolina is a gimme over the Saints corp. D.J. Hackett is great when healthy, Moose will be their Hilliard/Patten and Steve Smith is the best receiver in the NFC South.

toonsterwu 05-09-2008 09:57 AM

Well, I'll be a surprise here and say it's the Saints. Receiving units these days are as much about skill unit mesh as it is about individual talent. Colston is the 2nd best receiver in the division. They have a good mesh around him, with pass catching TE's and slot guys, along with deep speed to allow them to use Colston in a variety of ways.

Crazy_Chris 05-09-2008 02:11 PM

I don't think any team has a great overall unit for now, but they all have nice #1's so I gotta go with the best of those Steve Smith.

xooberon 05-09-2008 06:00 PM

after this offseason i like our core of receivers so i'll go with us.

saintsfan912 05-09-2008 06:18 PM

Don't forget, Reggie is pretty much a WR for us as well.

Caddy 05-09-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan912 (Post 1061975)
Don't forget, Reggie is pretty much a WR for us as well.

When Payton concedes that then you can have that one.

BamaFalcon59 05-09-2008 10:54 PM

I am the lone Atlanta Falcons voter. Roddy White for the win.

SaintsMan 05-11-2008 04:53 PM

Panthers. Saints have the most potential to be the best but not there yet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.