Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   NFC South Defensive Backs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22411)

saintsfan912 05-07-2008 05:22 PM

NFC South Defensive Backs

Who has the best DBs in the NFC South?

Thunder&Lightning 05-08-2008 10:47 AM

Talib will be a good addition. Barber will be a great mentor for him.

Caddy 05-08-2008 10:51 AM

As far as I'm concerned this one is to difficult to call as all the teams run different defensive schemes so each player would perform differently in each system.

I think it is between Carolina and Tampa Bay as far as talent goes though with both teams having a great stable of corners.

toonsterwu 05-09-2008 10:02 AM

It's Tampa or Carolina for now, and I think there's just a bit more unknown about Tampa than there is about Carolina, so the Panthers get the edge, even though they have to be a bit more consistent. Granted, an improved pass rush would be huge. But Tampa's personnel fit is excellent.

Crazy_Chris 05-09-2008 02:22 PM

Tampa is a bit unproven but Ronde is a very good CB, Tanard Jackson played very well last year and I love Aqib Talibs fit in the tampa 2 even though he is unproven.

xooberon 05-09-2008 06:05 PM

the secondary is our D's strength now. with lucas, gamble and marshall there are 3 CB's who could easily start on most teams, chris harris played phenomenally in his first season and although godfrey is an unknown he has the potential to be the impact FS we've been waiting for

BamaFalcon59 05-09-2008 10:59 PM

Once again I voted the Falcons, and am the lone voter. Chris 'I got beat in 07 but I'm bout to be leet and be in DB heaven due to me making plays' Houston, Chevis 'I'm slow but I'm good to go in zone' Jackson, Lawyer 'I lay down the law' Milloy, Von 'I have a odd name' Hutchins, and Erik 'I hit receivers so hard they go hysteric' Coleman for the win.

The homerism is strong in me.

Caddy 05-10-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 1062323)
Once again I voted the Falcons, and am the lone voter. Chris 'I got beat in 07 but I'm bout to be leet and be in DB heaven due to me making plays' Houston, Chevis 'I'm slow but I'm good to go in zone' Jackson, Lawyer 'I lay down the law' Milloy, Von 'I have a odd name' Hutchins, and Erik 'I hit receivers so hard they go hysteric' Coleman for the win.

The homerism is strong in me.

The only things the Falcons DB Corp has a chance at winning in the south is "Group with most nicknames" and "Worst group in the division".

BamaFalcon59 05-10-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1062367)
The only things the Falcons DB Corp has a chance at winning in the south is "Group with most nicknames" and "Worst group in the division".

Eric 'The Hysteric' Coleman, named after he pops receivers. I like that one. Lawyer 'I lay down the Law' Milloy is good as well.

SaintsMan 05-11-2008 04:41 PM

Bucs. Barber is a great CB and Jackson is a beast.

LonghornsLegend 05-17-2008 02:12 AM

I like what the Bucs have going...I believe Talib is a pro bowler in the tampa 2 scheme, when he can face the QB and react he is a beast, he only sucks when he has to turn his back to the QB and this scheme won't require that much...Him and Ronde should be an excellent combo next year, and I love what Jackson brings to the table...

Granted, if Godfrey plays excellent at safety I give the nod to the panthers, but he is a bigger question mark to play well at safety then Talib is playing the cover 2, so I vote Bucs.

wicket 06-16-2008 05:32 PM

Of course there is a case to be made with the saints and jason david, what a stud

SaintsMan 06-16-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 1105477)
Of course there is a case to be made with the saints and jason david, what a stud

lol

I think he gets traded or released. I expect the roster to be like this when the season starts...

LCB, Mike McKenzie
RCB, Randall ***
Nickle, Tracey Porter
Dime, Jason Craft
5th CB, Usama Young

Switch Porter and *** if Porter has a strong showing in Training Camp and the Pre-Season.