Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Take your pick De La Hoya vs Mayorga TONIGHT! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241)

05-06-2006 12:09 AM

Take your pick De La Hoya vs Mayorga TONIGHT!

So who you got?

Mayorga the puncher (who's power is kind of overrated imho)

or

De La Hoya the boxer

??

I got Oscar in a decision.

ATLDirtyBirds 05-06-2006 12:13 AM

I got Oscar as well.

Nerv 05-06-2006 12:16 AM

I just hope someone gets knocked the f out, I hate boxing decisions.

Steelcurtain1970 05-06-2006 12:34 AM

oscar is washed out!!!!!!!

05-06-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelcurtain1970
oscar is washed out!!!!!!!

washed out? u mean washed up?

So you're picking Mayorga? Ok good. 2-1 Oscar right now.

Lemme see if I can edit in a poll

duckseason 05-06-2006 12:39 AM

I gotta go with Mayorga. I never liked Oscar. I respect him as a Boxer, I just don't like him. He's too pretty. Boxers should be junkyard dogs, like Bernard Hopkins. Same reason I never liked Lewis.

HawkeyeFan 05-06-2006 12:46 AM

Del La Hoya fo sho

05-06-2006 12:47 AM

De La Hoya.

getwellchad 05-06-2006 12:55 AM

Mayorga in 6.

NewAgePack 05-06-2006 01:13 AM

who cares

05-06-2006 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckseason
I gotta go with Mayorga. I never liked Oscar. I respect him as a Boxer, I just don't like him. He's too pretty. Boxers should be junkyard dogs, like Bernard Hopkins. Same reason I never liked Lewis.

You think Lewis is pretty?

So you're rooting for the bad guy in Mayorga, fair enough, but do you THINK he will win?

duckseason 05-06-2006 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckseason

You think Lewis is pretty?

So you're rooting for the bad guy in Mayorga, fair enough, but do you THINK he will win?

Lewis is a big fairy. Yeah, I think Mayorga can win....I remember a few years back when I was locked up and in the hole, I was the only one on the tier takin' Mosely and he won. De La Hoya is not invincible. I'm not real big on boxing though. I'm sure De La Hoya is the favorite. Anyone know what the odds are?

jkpigskin 05-06-2006 05:58 AM

oscar b/c i know very little about boxing

LTgiants 05-06-2006 05:58 AM

mayorga ,he is detremined and is straight up insane

05-06-2006 06:03 AM

I'm not sure what the odds are but I think Oscar is the slight favorite. Mayorga has the whole punchers chance thing going for him, and I do think he could win, but I just don't think he will.

If any of you guys have HBO OnDemand I reccomend watching the Oscar vs Vargas fight, it is a very good boxing match. (Not legendary but certainly enertaining).

That fight had a lot of hype, it was when people thought Vargas had freakish power and had the potential to be running thangs in and around the welterweight division.

Also, here's a couple good articles on this fight. They are short.

This one is about De La Hoya.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?
columnist=rafael_dan&id=2434837

This one is about Mayorga hating Oscar.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=2434601

duckseason 05-06-2006 06:04 AM

Damn, De La Hoya is almost 3 to 1 on Bodog. I still got Mayorga.

LTgiants 05-06-2006 06:13 AM

if u have hbo on demand watch maygora kill vernon forest

duckseason 05-06-2006 06:16 AM

Mayorga is from the school of hard knocks. De La Hoya is from the school of cosmetics. Advantage Mayorga.

05-06-2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTgiants

I did, but Vernon Forrest is a nobody. He just had Shane Mosley's number, he can't beat anyone else on or near Mosley's level.

RyanLeaf#1 05-06-2006 06:54 AM

De La Hoya definitely

LTgiants 05-06-2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I did, but Vernon Forrest is a nobody. He just had Shane Mosley's number, he can't beat anyone else on or near Mosley's level.

vernon forest was the champ and considred one of the best pound for pound fighters before that fight

05-06-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

vernon forest was the champ and considred one of the best pound for pound fighters before that fight

Not before the Mosely fight. Mosley was supposed to be what Mayweather is now.

Rob S 05-06-2006 07:29 AM

I am a huge boxing fan and am very excited for tonight. It is going to be a great fight because all Mayorga does is come forwrd and throw bombs, his power is not overrated, watch the 1st forrest fight. Personally a hate DLH, and would love to see mayorga KHTFO. However, lets face it, any knowledgable boxing fan know Mayorga is not on DLH's level. If mayorga wins it will be a lucky punch. I say Oscar stops him late, lets say round 10. However if DLH wins and goes on to Floyd Mayweather, he will get absolutely crushed.

05-06-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
I am a huge boxing fan and am very excited for tonight. It is going to be a great fight because all Mayorga does is come forwrd and throw bombs, his power is not overrated, watch the 1st forrest fight. Personally a hate DLH, and would love to see mayorga KHTFO. However, lets face it, any knowledgable boxing fan know Mayorga is not on DLH's level. If mayorga wins it will be a lucky punch. I say Oscar stops him late, lets say round 10. However if DLH wins and goes on to Floyd Mayweather, he will get absolutely crushed.

Can you give us round by round analyis?

Rob S 05-06-2006 07:31 AM

We should get an official boxing talk thread up for serious boxing fans. I wont start one unless people are interesed. Post if you want me to start it up.